What does Veeky Forums think of the Kia Stinger? Seriously considering getting one when it comes out

What does Veeky Forums think of the Kia Stinger? Seriously considering getting one when it comes out.

Other urls found in this thread:

latimes.com/business/la-fi-hy-hyundai-kia-recall-20170407-story.html
carscoops.com/2016/10/watch-out-for-sunroofs-flying-off.html
reuters.com/article/us-hyundai-motor-recall-idUSKBN18807P
autoweek.com/article/recalls/over-576000-audis-recalled-fire-and-airbag-rupture-risks
autoblog.com/2017/03/16/hyundai-sonata-recall-980-000-seat-belt-detachment/
blog.caranddriver.com/hyundai-and-kia-recall-1-2-million-cars-for-engine-failures/
autoblog.com/2015/01/01/kia-soul-recall-headliner-sunroof-nhtsa/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

The lack of a manual option kills my interest.

Yet another V6, auto only "sport" sedan to enter the market. There is zero thinking outside of the box and it's Korean on top of it so no one will buy.

>Korean

I want one but it will prolly be 35k+

Would just get a gently used is350 for that

Holy fuck I thought that's an A7

It's not at all a bad concept. A nice looking, possibly practical and quick GT car. Looks to be comfy. I'll wait for the reviews.

With any luck, it'll be affordable and under 40k but if not, no sense in buying a stinger over a mustang at that rate.

another flashy low IQ "status" car for africans. What difference is there between this and an Altima? none

Tons of minorities dont give a fuck about Korean cars being Korean, and in fact, a TON of millennials will never in their life time buy an American car, so that's just more $$$ to the rest of the worlds market

Or just wait a year and get a gently used one of these for high 20s...

Buy a Hyunday Equus instead

Canadian millennial here and will never in my life buy American unless it's something really special. All my cars have been Asian or European and I've had way less problems than any of my friends with American cars.

Vintage Stock Car mechanic here, want to buy American? Buy anything with a SBC and carburetor like a '79 Chevelle. Proper maintenance and will last forever and cheap to repair

>But the gas price

Worth it, no electronic BS and really easier te repair yourself than paying hundreds an hour a mechanic

>korean
since ~2006 this has meant similar or better quality for 15% money

>korean
>autotragic
>knocked off from german designs
>korean
>piss poor build quality
>trash reliability
>will probably perform like dogshit

what reasons are there to buy this shitheap over the german counterparts?
>inb4 muh affordability
>inb4 muh bang for buck
>inb4 muh subjective styling
>inb4 assblasted shills

this thing will be a poorly built pile of garbage, which should be no surprise, as hyundai & kia exclusively build low quality trashheaps.

>piss poor build quality
>trash reliability
>will probably perform like dogshit

these things are true because I said so

4 doors. lower insurance. more comfortable.
less low to the ground. not as large.

probably better reliability and resell value.
lol KIA is more reliable than 90% of euro/american cars

>Kia

I've had a Kia for 6 years and it's been a really solid car 0 issues really solid dealership specials on maintanence. Granted it's a Sorento and not a sport tuned vehicle, but the Genesis is a really solid car and is reliable (personally know people who own them and prefer them to Audi's they've owned.) This car literally has the Genesis g90 engine. The 10k cheaper than German counterparts is a big sell to me because I'm 25 and not wealthy enough to spend that much more. I get that it's a ripoff of German cars but I'm not really sold on the "Korean=unreliable shit" thing

>b-b-but korea makes good cars guise!!1!!!1!!!!!!

latimes.com/business/la-fi-hy-hyundai-kia-recall-20170407-story.html

carscoops.com/2016/10/watch-out-for-sunroofs-flying-off.html

reuters.com/article/us-hyundai-motor-recall-idUSKBN18807P

a y y l m a o

>anecdotal evidence for 200,000 cars from a decade ago

nothing to see here, he has no real evidence and he knows it

have some anecdotal evidence showing 500,000 audis can catch fire. audis from this decade even:

autoweek.com/article/recalls/over-576000-audis-recalled-fire-and-airbag-rupture-risks

>lower insurance, more comfortable, NOT AS LARGE (kek)
Nope

>More reliable than 90% of german/american cars
Citation needed

As good as hyundai genesis is. No one would prefer driving that over a comparable audi.

Get real.

Load up a quattro and the driving experience is world's apart still.

and then you're buying straight fucking garbage, like a 79 chevelle

Cites evidence about cars not even remotely in the same class as we are discussing.

Name one American or Euro manufacturer that hasn't had a bigger recall...

>citation needed

I'll find it after someone shows me a citation that kias are "poor quality" or "unreliable"

The guy I know has a Genesis g80 as his commuter car previously had an Audi a4 which he didn't like as much. He also has a BMW m3 as his fun to drive car which he obviously prefers to all of the above.

american & euro manufacturers do indeed have recalls, but american & euro auto makers build cars that have
>original styling
>solid performance
>positive brand image
>quality materials (not gm & fca kek)
>etc
which make them not complete trash unlike the korean counterparts.

see
also these too

autoblog.com/2017/03/16/hyundai-sonata-recall-980-000-seat-belt-detachment/

blog.caranddriver.com/hyundai-and-kia-recall-1-2-million-cars-for-engine-failures/

autoblog.com/2015/01/01/kia-soul-recall-headliner-sunroof-nhtsa/

>everything that happens in the past is not valid because i said so

R W D
W D R
D R W

>changing topics

good try. we can now admit that reliability and build quality are not valid arguments

>solid performance
dollar for dollar you can get more from kia

>positive brand image
literally paying more for a brand

looks like an Audi A7...
did they really just copy paste?

>knock off
Holy shit a car designed by a german looks fucking German.
>will preform like dogshit
team of BMW engineers lead by the guy that was incharge of M division.
>Piss poor build reliability
It is there baby, the most powerful kia ever produced.

Looks more like the rear of a RX7

Its almost if you want you can claim any car is copy paste of another car.

Chinese knock off of the Audi A7. You're gonna be a laughing stock.

Thats old bias now.
Cars like this are the future esp in my country. Cheap as fuck with most the features of a euro

Im actually looking forward to this. Not to buy, but to see how the Koreans fair when it comes to gran touring cars. The G70 from Genesis will be the twin brother for this car. And if it does well, then that will be promising for the G70.

The price on the good one will be absurdly expensive for a Kia. The shitty small engine will be shit.