Tfw there will never be a nice lightweight rwd japanese sports car ever again

>tfw there will never be a nice lightweight rwd japanese sports car ever again

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6NPpelLCIkk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

We have FRS and Miata.

>tfw there will never be steam powered cars again

it already exists you fucking homosexual it's called the subaru brz/toyota 86 or you can go full homo and get the miata

>inb4 someone says the BRZ/86 is pigfat without realizing a 240SX was just as heavy but shittier in every way

>nice
what is nice to OP? I'm guessing something that would make it fail emissions or crash standards.

This.

Veeky Forums just hates on every new car

I only hate it because it's ugly and has the worst dudebro culture.

Every cheap RWD coupe ever has a douchebag culture m8

>ugly
it's not though, to me at least.
both the brz and the old toyota model look great. the new 86 just needs a bumper change doe cause that one I can agree looks retarded.

God I hate what Toyota did to the 86. Also the TRD lip spoiler is beautiful. It should be factory.

should have got a BRZ. Better tires

>tires literally cannot be changed
Everyone should buy the BRZ anyway because it looks better, but buying x over y for tires is dumb. Keep the stockers until you wear them out, then get the wheels/tires you want and keep the stock wheels as track sluts, drift sluts, or whatever. Or sell them.

OP you're right, might as well end it all now m8

Can I have your MLP collection when you're gone?

I plan on buying either a new brz or a new 86 and changing the front bumper and doing just this with the tires.
I heard the suspension settings are pretty much the same in the new models between the 86 and the brz; it might be too much to ask, but has anyone here driven both to offer some opinions on what handling and suspension differences there are between the two?

Thats not a trd spoiler

The only difference is the spring rates. If you ever plan on installing aftermarket coilovers or springs/dampers, then it doesn't matter which car you get. I never tracked it or autocrossed my FRS until after I installed coilovers. A piece of advice, don't get lowering springs. My friend has an outback xt on lowering springs, and its ride is night and day more jarring than mine.

Yes it is......?

look at the one in the post I replied to, it does not come down near the tail lights. It appears to be a 5 axis spoiler.

how do the clutch and gas pedal feel? mainly interested on the gas pedal. Is it instant response? Does it rev the second you touch it a bit or does it have a delay?
I'm asking because on this piece of shit skoda octavia 1.9tdi I'm driving at the moment I get a bit of a delay when I step on the gas pedal. It makes heel and toe-ing inconsistent because after I brake I have to hold my foot longer on the gas for it to rev. Either that or just stomp it to the floor.

Good eye, thanks.

can confirm

The clutch is weird. When releasing the clutch, there is little engagement until near the end of pedal travel. You get used to it though. Theres an assistive spring you can remove to supposedly increase pedal feel, but, as I have yet to do it, I can't comment on its impact. The throttle response is good for heel-toeing. On the street in lower rpm, it requires the tiniest throttle inputs to go down a gear. Its really easy when on the track or spirited driving too, just give a liberal dose of throttle and its smooth every time.

I've heard about the clutch spring a lot, seems like a good mod to do.

what you're saying about the clutch kind of worries me.
from what I understand it has a long throw (if I can call it that) so that it doesn't engage at the bottom but rather at the top.
on one hand this could be good for fast shifting since it means it's basically engaging the moment you start to put pressure on it so it encourages fast movements (correct me if I'm wrong), yet on the other hand, if you're not shifting at 0.01 sec response time and just wanna shift casually on the street or whatever I can see it getting a bit annoying in daily driving it.

I guess all that remains is to actually test drive one and see how it feels for me.

one more thing if I may ask:
how does the steering feel? does it have a heavier analog feel or is it fairly light and "robotic" like how it feels on a vw golf 5 or 6 or something similar?

Yeah your understanding of the clutch is correct. Its not necessarily hard to daily drive, just requires some finesse that you will pick up quickly. The steering is heavy with lots of feedback. Compared to most cars, it feels like a go kart. If you get one, get an openflash tablet to tune away the torque dip immediately.

>void your warranty immediately

you could just flash the stock tune before you take it in

It's not that simple IIRC, they have some way of telling that the stock tune has been refreshed.

aight. how much is that torque dip felt anyway, realistically? when I'm driving I'm either in low revs full blown economy faggot mode and chilling or pretty much redlining, so I don't know how much it will bother me.
do they even check for shit like that? I'll have find out if they do that sort of thing here in eurotrash land, but even so I might do as says.

Actually, as of 2017 even the spring rates are the same.

BRZ is readily available with smart key, seat heaters, and auto A/C, where the 86 only will have those with special editions. If you don't want those options the only other difference now is appearance.

murrica will never get it because everyone's too fat and because everyone who buys one will literally be squished by a micropeen redneck in a lifted truck

youtube.com/watch?v=6NPpelLCIkk

>moving goalposts
they're making it, so op is incorrect.

It is a shame we won't get it though, it would look nice next to the cappuccino i'm importing.

>Toyota GT86/Subaru BRZ
>Mazda MX-5

Or just buy a used 240SX for a fraction of the price and spend the difference in unfucking it.

>tfw tall
>tfw very little interest in sex but can't fit into cars I want
>manlets with lots of interest in sex can drive these cars but don't want to
HELLO WHERE IS THE HEIGHT EXCHANGE CLINIC
GIMME MY TINY CARS REEEEEE

literally the 86 if you take the dumb fa20 outa there

What's wrong with the FA20? It's a 200hpretty n/a 4-cylinder.

>fraction of the price

Of the three 240sx's for sale in my state, 1 is conpletely trashed and costs 4k, the other is heavily modded by a dumbass and is 9k and the other is modded by some other retard and costs 13k.

Nothing. The only people shitting on it are 15 year olds

kek

legit didn't even notice first time I looked kek

pretty sure the ECUs on these things are designed to be hell to crack and leave footprints, but I am not completely sure.

>tfw bmw performance cars are actually pretty good but you can't carry a warranty forever

Lol

You know, it looks far better IRL. I saw the pics online and hated it. But I actually like it lot in person.

the new 86 you mean? I'd imagine since you put a licence plate in the front it sort of covers up most of the retarded design of the front bumber. Does it really look decent?

Yes the new 86. It looks pretty decent IRL. But still not as good as the first gen.

That hasn't existed since the 90's user.

That's exactly what all the imports were like when you were too young to afford them.

Riceburners never change.

I'm never going to get over this. We can't have this but we can import a CBR600RR with literally zero safety features for the driver and pedestrians from the exact same company.

>run into someone with a sportbike
>impale them on the pointy aerodynamic nose
>tumble down the road and die
>"alright, that's cool, but if it were a car we wouldn't let that happen, they'd have to pass this and that NHTSA test and...."

t. new 86 owner
The front bumper looks retarded enough it can be considered as cute. Not a good thing but normies actually like it over the brz.

how are you liking your car user? is that torque dip really that noticeable in daily driving or is it an exagerated meme?

I'm still in the break-in phase so I can't say much about it. It's doing fine just as low rpm tho. Although it's not really a fast car(considered by Veeky Forums standard), little pos is really fun to drive.

>BRZ starts at 25.5k USD
>4k / 25.5k = ~1/6.4 the price
>9k / 25.5k = ~1/2.8 the price
>13k / 25.5k = 1/1.96 the price
so yes, he was right, they are fraction of the price.

you're both retarded and i'm exceedingly autistic.

Jap cars from about 2008+ are shitboxes. America makes better cars than they do now.