>fell for the "get a manual it's fun"
FUUCKK YOUUU

Other urls found in this thread:

onslow.craigslist.org/cto/6123374495.html
spritmonitor.de/de/die_sparsamsten_autos.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>fell for the "you don't need A/C" meme
>Live in Arizona

Wow great thread OP. Greyhound your fave company?

>Fell for the "you don't need snow tyres" meme
>Live in Alaska

>fell for the car meme

>implying rear engined turbocharged inline six isn't the best layout

>fell for the AWD meme
>bad mpgs and no fun in snow

>fell for the TCS meme
>sucks in winter

>fell for the ABS meme
>unsafe in snow

Same I rarely even drive my manual pos car c5 btw

Manuals are better for driving with friends and lax driving, but fuck having them for daily driving and especially for commuting.

>fell for the "you need tire chains" meme
>driving on pavement
FUCK.

Just in case you aren't memeing... You can let it out to whatever point you want and keep it anywhere in the middle you need for as long as it takes to start smoothly. There's no rule for where you can let it out to or hold it, though generally if you can be smooth while using less of that "middle" it's better for your clutch.

However, you should ALWAYS push it TO THE FLOOR when you're changing gears. If your engine is revving 4000 and you put the clutch halfway in, it's getting burned up while you move out of your current gear and into the next one.

I usually keep it there for 2-3 seconds, I'm pretty new it, though, so other people are probably quicker.

Just what ever works mate, there is no rule.
Obviously you wouldn't ride the clutch for 10 seconds, and you wouldn't flick your foot to the side and let the spring disengage it.

The more you drive, the more you'll find what works for you.

Just take as long as you need. When I teach someone how to drive stick for the first time, I make a huge point to start without using the gas and even count off out loud how many seconds I hold the clutch in the middle bite point. Usually I make it between 3-5 seconds just to show them not to be afraid to use the clutch.

Damage to your clutch is mostly due to holding it in the middle at high RPM for too long. It takes a LOT of time at idle to cause significant wear.

t. Americlap

I've been driving manual for 5 years now, and I still stall. Especially when I go from driving my Commodore to my friends focus.
Don't stress about it, just keep driving.

About downshifting, depends on your speed. If you're doing 40km/h in 3rd or 2nd and are about to stop, just go to neutral and let the clutch out.
But if your in 4th going 60km/h or so and you have a lot of room, just downshift to 3rd.
That all depends on your speed and distance to stop as well. What ever feels comfortable.

Always remember though, if you are emergency braking, just smash both clutch and brake. Don't worry about gears.

While stationary, I do the 3-5 seconds holding one.

While on an incline, I advise the newbie to get the clutch to the bite point and then add gas in the same amount they would in an automatic car, then keep both steady until they're moving well.

For slowing down, just leave your car in whatever gear you're in until you're nearly at a stop. Unless you know how to downshift smoothly/without fucking up the clutch or jerking (rev match downshifting, don't worry about it till you're better at the basics) don't worry about changing down gears.

Just remember to get out of gear before you actually come to a complete stop, otherwise you'll just stall it and feel like an idiot.

>>tfw already stalled out and screeched tires on a hill with lots of people around
We all do that at some point, don't sweat it. At least you didn't drop your automotive spaghetti in the middle of the road by trying to switch to third, forgetting where third was, and then realizing you've still got the clutch in and are dropping speed and not sure what gear to put it back in so you make a panic turn onto a side road (clutch still in). Bad move on my part.

>For slowing down to a stop should I be downshifting or shifting into neutrel and using brake or what?
I've been using the brake and going into neutral when coming up to a stop sign or red light. Downshifting is a better idea because you'll still be able to accelerate out of the way of a sudden problem, but I'm not very good at revmatching yet. But if it's a sudden stop, like someone backing out of a driveway on a residential street, neutral and brake is usually good enough.

t. has had his car for two weeks but has only driven it a few collected hours because of circumstances

>For slowing down, just leave your car in whatever gear you're in until you're nearly at a stop
Even in a higher gear can you come close to near stop before getting out of gear?
I was paranoid if I slowed down in 3rd it'd stall while going and jerk to a stop or something.

>tfw the Type R is only manual
It's not fair

No, cars only stall when the revs dip down past a certain point. For me, it's below 900 rpm this applies to 1st-5th

That's how it should always be your dipshit.

>Implying a CVT type r would be better

thats why all Type R are timeless cars, and they dont depreciate.

>mfw manual without A/C
>mfw removing power steering soon
>mfw no electronic nannys except for ABS (I´ll remove it as well)
I realy don´t give a fuck, also sweet 80mpg in a gas powered NA car.

Don't manuals get worse mpg?

maybe compared to the infinite speed automatics with 10,000 overdrive gears that manufacturers put out

Nope, manuals usually get better mpg when you know how to drive.
Hypermilers love them for a reason...

Nah new automatics will beat them.

>you don't need a/c
Who ever said this must really hated you

How many mpg does your autotragic get?
Is there anything a atomatic gearbox does better than a skilled human except for slightly shorter shifting times?
Does your autotragic allow for your engine to run low rpm?
Does your autotragic allow EOC?
Does your autotragic allow downshifts close to your redline?

onslow.craigslist.org/cto/6123374495.html
>the bad: a bit of surface rust(last 2 Pictures), no AC,PS, Radio or rear bumper or Gauge hood. Only the fuel gauge works.

I got into sales and now all I do is drive. Its fun at first, but by Thursday my left ankle is sore. 150 miles of city/highway is fucking me up. I need a new car.

Well yeah, are you fucking stupid?

A elantra sport gets better mpg with the automatic and the 6 speed. Both the automatic and manual are really good transmissions too

Feel free to look up comparisons m8.
Keep believing outdated facts about automatics and that you're some super driver who can beat them.

That hasn't been true since like 12 years ago Grandpa

Rated mpg are not real mpg.
Also both transmissions have different gear ratios in the last gear in that car.
Look up the best real fuel conuption a car can get, they are either hybrid or manual...
spritmonitor.de/de/die_sparsamsten_autos.html
Well, my car isn´t 12 years old and needs significantly less fuel than the automatic version of it.

>Hypermilers
why would anyone listen to those autists

If it is about mpg they are the professionals.

>they are the professionals.
No they're not, they're hobbyists.

>tfw too tall to shift
>can't have the Type R

They still btfo everyone in mpg...

Niche hobbyists communities are full of FUD and dubious folk wisdom.

>implying they are worse than Veeky Forums

Unless its a diesel

You can get a powerful landbarge diesel that gets better mpg than even the most gimped and lightweight econobox

Wich big diesel landbarge gets 80mpg on a tank?
Also diesel econoboxes get up to 130mpg.

Shit, that's actually pretty nice.

>simple gauges
>brushed aluminum shifter
>great looking buckets
>proper handbrake