What's Veeky Forums'a opinion on third world driving?

What's Veeky Forums'a opinion on third world driving?

Having done years worth in various countries, it's occurred to me that I'm actually more relaxed driving in developing countries where nobody pays much heed to the rules, since I know other drivers are alert and fully focused on what's around them and the (often poor) condition of the road. What bad / distracted drivers there are will quickly be removed from the driving population (and gene pool).

What keeps me tense in the first world (particularly when riding a motorcycle / bicycle / walking) is that nobody pays any attention to anything but their smartphones. It doesn't help that you can barely see out of modern 'cars', and there's often no real consequence to being a poor driver or even of getting in accidents (abs, traction, stability, collision detection, 52 airbags, no-fault insurance, etc, etc.)

If anything unexpected happens (somebody runs a light, doesn't signal, cuts you off, a kid runs out on the road, there's a pothole or obstruction on the road...) most modern drivers simply won't know how to react. All they know is it won't be their fault when they file the insurance claim.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_traffic-related_death_rate
youtube.com/watch?v=iTjUpLa_ysw
youtube.com/watch?v=kEZqkpwYixo
youtube.com/watch?v=nwTVwEtY_74
youtube.com/watch?v=fCAGAOuTfPc
youtu.be/emaxtEDtUPM?t=16m15s
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>third world driving
I agree, Americans can't drive for shit. Even deepest darkest africa can manage a manual gearbox.

>all driving is muh gearbox

This is funny to me because the first time I operated a car it was manual, and it was in Africa. Shut up

Third world drivers give a shit more because they usually can't just lie to insurance through their teeth to get a new car. They also have to deal with shitty roads and have to apply more common sense to make it

I visit Puerto Vallarta yearly for business and the drivers there scare the fuck out of me. It seems like every single car has some sort of ding or scratch on it. The Taxi cab drivers are nightmare fuel.

I don't know where the fuck you lived, but drivers on our shitty third world roads are way more abusive, aggressive, and completely oblivious than the ones I drove around in the States.

Where's that?

Aggressive drivers seem pretty rare in developing countries to me, aside from some busses/trucks.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_traffic-related_death_rate

To be fair, running over a mine counts as a 'traffic-related death', as does drowning in a pothole ten feet deep.

How long do you think your typical oblivious American driver would survive on those roads with those vehicles?

You never been to West Virginia, buddy
3rd world shit holes have better roads than we do

Mexico
People seem to have this idea that the road is a complete anarchy since it's all so poorly maintained and pedestrians can walk around on it as they will.

>Iran
>Thailand
>dangerous roads

youtube.com/watch?v=iTjUpLa_ysw

youtube.com/watch?v=kEZqkpwYixo

youtube.com/watch?v=nwTVwEtY_74

youtube.com/watch?v=fCAGAOuTfPc

fucking third world buses man

thread/

I can say I've watched the second video from beginning to end and I still don't know what side of the road the traffic belongs on.

this is some of the dumbest shit. i bet none of those people even comprehend how close to death they are at all times.

OP is confirmed retarded

the countryside of the third world is literally Veeky Forums's dram land, literally cops don't give a shit about the state of your car

Cops? Half of Africa, there fucking aren't any. The other half, they'll just let you go after a bribe.

traffic moves slower hence its easier to drive.

even something as simple as merging from an on ramp in a developing country can cause congestion since they won't adhere to zipper method.

its not a good thing that people are more alert, they are more alert as a consequence to alot of stupid shit happening, which in itself outweigh the benefit of alert drivers.

I still prefer driving in the third world, but thats because I like to drive like an ass.

why africa tho? the caribean, latin america and asia is chill

youtu.be/emaxtEDtUPM?t=16m15s

Are these drivers paid by the stop?

Also prime candidates for some eurobeat overlay.

There's an area in SE Iran where you just don't fucking go because of bandits. That whole part of the world is nucking futs.

Most of the deaths in Africa are bodaboda. In Uganda there are about 6 gorillion 250cc motorcycle taxis that often carry families of four. Nobody wears helmets, and if you're a prick government/UN official, nobody important gives a shit if you rail one or two on your way to your favorite pork joint.

Latin america is only chill if you're not under the thumb of druglords, or in a jungle.

Asia is hardly a third-world country for the most part, aside from the bits that keep flooding or falling down mountains.

The caribbean is pretty much able to be walked. Although a guy I know at work says it's a wonderful place to live until you run out of money, so he works for a year or two at a time before fleeing to Barbados to live in a shack by the beach.

In Thailand
People do ghost raider by default
Bike and motercycle on footpath
20cm gap between car on motorways
5cm gap between car and motercycle on street
Jump red light
and .. no police at all between 06:00 - 19:00 and 16:00-2400
Good explanation
Try searching" boss red bull "
He actually killed a police but all entries police department help him escape from Thailand
Amazing?
Not really.

I wish I lived in a "developing" (lol) country so I could drive overland wherever I want like they do on Top Gear specials. Everything is owned by some pissed-off grandpa and policed in the USA. My friend got ticketed the other day for driving his ATV across someone's private property without permission, because he was trying to go to the gas station to fill it up without driving on the pavement road (which would also be breaking the law). It's not like the owner of the land called the cops on him either, they police the ATV trails around here now like they do the snowmobile trails in winter. Apparently there's no point in even owning the fucking thing because you're not allowed to take it ANYWHERE.

Only 3rd world country I visit is Bangladesh due to family and you to be a fucking idiot to drive you self there.

Hire a driver as you will spend 90% of the time in traffic reading a book.