JUST BOUGHT A FUCKING MANUAL CAR HOW TH E FUCK DO YOU NOT GET IT TO JERK OUT OF FIRST WHATS THE RPM I SHOULD SHOOT FOR...

JUST BOUGHT A FUCKING MANUAL CAR HOW TH E FUCK DO YOU NOT GET IT TO JERK OUT OF FIRST WHATS THE RPM I SHOULD SHOOT FOR?! NO MATTER WHAT RPM IT BITES AND DROPS DOWN AND I CAN ACCELERATE AFTERWARDS TO FIGHT THE DIP WITHOUT DOING A BURNOUT REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

WHAT DO I DO TO DO SMOOTH STARTS LIKE AN AUTO FUCKING SHIT

practice in a parking lot and don't put it in first gear til' you stop

Dont let the clutch out too fast, be smooth with letting it out.

clutch in, put it in first
depress the gas pedal as you release the clutch

it's literally that simple you fucking retard

Give it a bit of gas and smoothly release the clutch

Practice. Its just a matter of matching the output of the clutch to the input of the gas. When both are even it will feel like you never shifted. Miss it and it feels like your car has epilepsy.

>take your hands and stick them out in front of you
>palms facing out
>slowly bend the left one at the wrist TOWARDS you
>AT THE SAME TIME AND SPEED
>slowly bend the right one at the wrist away from you

Congrats, thats how you let off the clutch and get on the throttle. When you get in your car, make slight adjustments on the speed based on your clutch.
IE: a little less with the gas or a little slower with the clutch foot. Or whatever.

I FEEL THE FUCKING BITE BUT THE CAR DIPS IN RPMS AFTERWARDS AND IT NEARLY STALLS IS IT ME OR THE CAR

Chill and be smoov nigga. Go to a flat parking lot and do this shit:
>stop
>put car in first
>slowly let off the clutch until the car starts to move forward
>don't touch that gas pedal nigga
>that's your bite point
>practice that a few times
>okay now find the bite point then start raising your rpms slowly with the gas
>start slowly letting off the clutch while you continue raising rpms
Yeah you'll be riding the clutch a little but eventually you'll get the hang of it and will be able to do that shit smoothly and quickly.

You don't talk to Veeky Forums for advice on it, that's for sure

Go watch a YouTube video or something that's actually fucking useful dumbass, we aren't your tutors

its all in practice.

i just daily drove mine for 6 months by about the 1st month you'll be fine.

Just practice hill starts and make sure ur fucking handbrake works good

There is no answer you have to find it. Or just do 4k+ rpm usually will work.

>Just practice hill starts and make sure ur fucking handbrake works good

>mfw doing hill starts using only pedalwork because I have no handbrake cable
It hasn't been that bad, actually. Maybe because I've never known it any other way. Once I have a cable in there, I don't think I'll need it at all for hill starts.

Just feel it.

Also the clutch isn't an on/off switch, you can modulate it a bit before it starts to burn.

>he thinks there's an rpm to be at
A lot of motorcycles don't have rev counters. Some cars don't come with them either. Get good faggot

It also varies by engine as well.

Taking off at 5000rpm in my car is very different to taking off at 5k on my bike.

Should have got a 7 series for 3k

yeah i use handbrake only for STEEP hills im talking like /

You'll need a new clutch in a month lol

>Buying a manual when you don't know how to drive

Not him but serious question, how else are you supposed to learn manual other than buying one if you live in an area with almost exclusively auto drivers

>only ever used the handbrake method a few times when I did my driving test
>park car in 1st or reverse depending which part of hill I'm facing, start up with clutch depressed and just use a slight brake until it's in gear

What's wrong with doing it this way unless you are braking hard like a retard or rolling the opposite way before going into gear?

What I still don't get is how people are doing parallel parking on hills. I used to live on a slope until a couple of months ago, and people routinely parked with maybe 50 cm on each side of them like it was nothing.

To not roll off you'd either need a handbrake, brake assist, or heel-and-toe. Using the former method is how I even dented a car in front of me because it launched my ass too quickly.

Like handbrake takeoffs, I don't parallel park either, I don't live in a city or a hilly area so both are pretty much redundant unless I absolutely need to park as close as possible to some place. Fuck doing the both at once though.

Gradually add more power.
Start at 1.5k RPM and when you start to feel the bite increase it to about 2k. Or do it by ear, you can tell how the car is doing by listening to the engine. I find listening to the car much more useful than looking at the tachometer

Both are part of the driving test in the country where I live. Even when you don't live in the city, they make you take your driving test in the nearest more or less urbanized area close to your place of residence.

Thing is, I only learned to do handbrake take offs properly after getting my first car, 12 years after getting my license. Still not good enough for parallel parking on slopes with it.

>T H R O T T L E