Why did they change it from a big lumbering muscle barge into a FWD girly car?

Why did they change it from a big lumbering muscle barge into a FWD girly car?

Because FWD is better in every conceivable way.

>give it more power than a lawnmower
>it goes into a tree

Ford reduced its number of coupes in the late 90's to streamline its line up, including the probe, so this served as the probe's replacement.

It's how they up sell the Camaro.

Nobody in America would even notice the difference if it weren't for burnout smoke appearing at the wrong wheels.

Are you fucking retarded?

No. Are you?

And this is why FWD has become standard here in the states.

Normies don't care up until they're told other wise.

As it should've. It's the superior layout for non-enthusiast driving. More economical and harder to lose control over.

DELET

t. Bus rider

>tfw your 23 year old full sized fwd luxury sedan is faster around a track than a 2nd gen mr2

>B-but muh drift and touge!

>'full' sized FWD 'luxury' sedan is faster around a track than same age MR2

That 'luxury' sedan also came with a V8 and Supercharged V6 option.

The Cougar was based on the Mustang. It's not much bigger at all.
That doesn't make sense.
Why would they move it to an upmaket brand?

It was the Puma's big sister in Europe.

>The Cougar was based on the Mustang. It's not much bigger at all.
while they were both fox body platforms, the cougar has been more closely related to the larger cars, thunderbird, ltd, lincoln mk whatever since the mid 70s

They probably took a look at the demographics of the buyers and pushed it to cougar for good reasons.

>Why would they move it to an upmaket brand?
They didn't in Europe. Kinda bizarre that they did in the US.

because its an european Ford imported to the US

nothing related with the previous american gen

>That 'luxury' sedan also came with a V8 and Supercharged V6 option.
what car are you talking about, mine was a turbo 4.

Key word is option. 4-cylinder is standard on most American cars because >muh fuel economy.

how the fuck is this a girly car?

is it a girly car because you dont like it?

are all things you dont like girly?

do you not like girls?

is being a girl somehow a bad thing?

could you not think of a more accurate word to use?

I used to drive a cougar, loved every second of it. except when it broke down every few weeks and had to get rid of it.

pic related, drove it into a ditch, got towed out by a small 4x4 suzuki, good times.
Don't pay attention to the stickers/spoiler, i was a retard.

>how the fuck is this a girly car?
Probably because it's got way softer lines than previous Cougars.

>while they were both fox body platforms, the cougar has been more closely related to the larger cars
I was referring to the first gen, which debuted in 1967, based on the Mustang. Later on it became a luxobarge (based on the Torino), then went back to the Fox platform, with the likes of the Ford LTD.

I remember when that came out. They were hoping to get a slice of the import tuner market.

>145mph sport coupe with an available manual
>somehow worse because lolFWD when the old ones had open diff LRA

Thanks for the laugh.

>tfw when your 23 year old luxury full sized sedan with a turbo 4 cylinder produced more power than an american 'sports' car with a 5.blow

>Why would they move it to an upmaket brand?

That itself a mystery, maybe ford was afraid that it would bite into Mustang sales? All the research I've seen said that Mercury/Lincoln dealerships had a hard time selling them, since they dealt with older customers.

It's the accent line and how it turns down at the rear that adds the femininity. If the line had continued straight it would have been a masculine feature, much like the rest of the car has.