Veeky Forumstists do you wax your car? What brand do you use? Hand wax or machine?

Veeky Forumstists do you wax your car? What brand do you use? Hand wax or machine?

Griot's polywax with a random orbital

Meguiars xpress wax
Just fucking works and you can use it on trim

Spray on and wipe off

Hit up autogeek all the knowledge you want. But also I would like a detailing general. This is now a detailing general.

This helped a lot when I didn't know anything.

Falling for the Jew

Fucking idiot

That doesn't define well at all and shouldn't even be considered by any who is even remotely a normie.

Meguiars compound
Meguiars polish
Chemical guys Jet seal
Foam applicator pads
Microfiber towels

Well show us how you would was your car then, Mr smart guy

There's this guy on my street that washes and waxes his 2014 Mini Countryman for like 2 hours once a week. At first, I thought he was doing it just to fuck with me but, at some point, I realized something in his past must have fucked with him to cause this level of autism. The guy gets real weird when kids in the neighborhood come within about 50 feet of it.

Why does he do this?

>Why does he do this?
He loves his car

Hi Tom.

Older people here are sometimes like that, because a car was the ultimate status symbol in their times. Maybe not as wash autistic, but overprotective.

Yes I seal the paint with Jetseal then go over it with AMMO Creme on my nice car

On my dd I seal the paint then use Butter Wet Wax

You should go ask if you can watch him wash his car sometime. You might learn something

How often do you guys wax it btw? I think do it once every 2 months will be reasonable. Is it necessary to strip off the old wax b4 apply the new one?
Thank user.

Is he definitely waxing it? I usually wash my car every week or two and if I dry it off with a quick detailer my normie neighbours ask if I'm polishing my car again, or if I'll do theirs next.

Is the car in good condition or is it covered in swirls?

Is BWW and Jetseal any good? Hows the longevity? I've been using Meguiars Paint Protect as a sealant and their cheap wax on top but I'm running low on both. I prefer Poorboys over Chemical Guys but I've heard EX-P isn't as long lasting.

Meguiars ultimate wash, meguiars clay kit (once a year), then meguiars gold class carnauba wax every 3 months or so.

I use meguiars waterless wash and wax spray detailer between washes if it gets bird shit or something else on it but it bad enough to make it worth washing the whole car.

Im using a noname detailing clay, Carlack68 for cleaning the paint and collinite 476 wax. For polishing i'm using menzerna but I only do this very seldom AS its not necessary.

Meguiar's M21 sealant
Meguiar's Ultimate Carnuba Paste wax

Maxiautism tripfag at it again.

How long does that last? My dad always used Mother's carnuba wax (paste) in a tin and put it on by hand. It lasted a full year with one coat, and the trucks were always shiny as fuck when they were clean.

You shouldn't have to do it that frequently if it's done properly. I think some of the liquid wax/polishes might not last as long, in which case I guess 2 months is OK. But you don't want to constantly rub the fuck out of your clear coat.

By hand or with a power polisher?

Can't remember it's sort of liquid wax and wash that smells like banana

Waxing is for gays. I just use soap. Don't even rinse it off lol

Rain-X wash and wax along with Ice Wax and I believe I used Meguire's.

Makita DA polisher on 3-4

Jetseal by itself has always lasted me just as long as it says on the bottle: 1 year. But if you live in a place where the roads get really awful in winter due to ridiculous amounts of salt I'd definitely apply Jetseal twice a year to ensure you have maximum protection once at the end of October then again right the end of March or whenever the roads stop being ass

BWW should be applied at the max like every 3 weeks imo (so if you put it on today after doing your regimen you'd re-apply on ~June 12th or sooner)

cheers

>Is it necessary to strip off the old wax b4 apply the new one?

With wax the entire point is to build up layers for added protection. You shouldn't be stripping your paint of whatever is on it unless
>you are starting from scratch on a vehicle that needs to be cleaned
>it's been a year or so since you've last sealed and for some reason contaminants got through your paint sealant (likely due to not re-applying wax in a timely manner)