Is hyundai the only ones that make a good automatic these days? Extremely smooth and reliable dual clutch

Is hyundai the only ones that make a good automatic these days? Extremely smooth and reliable dual clutch

All jap cars are shitty cvts and American and European ones are fragile as can be

Other urls found in this thread:

hyundai-forums.com/2016-tucson-ix35-models/454074-dangerous-horrible-dct.html#/topics/454074?page=1
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

You're kidding right? Their sequential 6 speed auto is rock solid but there are tons of Santa Fes and Velosturds with the DCT sitting in Hyundai service yards across the US this very second

I heard good things about skymeme(slushbox) transmissions.

hyundai-forums.com/2016-tucson-ix35-models/454074-dangerous-horrible-dct.html#/topics/454074?page=1

Mistakenly said Santa Fe when it's actually the Tuscon but whatever. Here's a link I found after 5 seconds of duck duck go-ing, countless other threads out there with similar issues. Wouldn't touch that 7 spd DCT with a thouand ft pole desu

What is dct? What is bad about it? Is the genesis dct?

dipshit car transmission

DCT = Dual-clutch automatic transmission. Basically two three-speed manuals side by side, with one clutch engaged and one clutch disengaged at all times. All the efficiency of a manual, all the convenience of an automatic, but nobody can get one to work right. One of the major upsides is that it's a near-instant shift if the other trans is already in the correct gear, but if it mispredicts the next gear it's slow to shift.

Mazda does good Trans.

It felt quite precise when trying to overtake, and fast too

Ahh. Well what the heck is a cvts?

The DCT's are optimized for fuel economy. It's why they never put it on the Veloster Turbo. Couldn't handle the power output.

Overall, I think on base model of cars like the Elantra and the Veloster they're fine, but Ive heard really bad things about it on the Santa Fe.

I would just like to point out, that as a tow truck driver, there are no two vehicles that I more commonly get called out to tow than the Hyundai Sante Fe and Tucson.

constantly variable transmission
two pulleys with a belt connecting them
there are no gears, it contracts and expands with centrifugal force
can't take power at all yet works decently enough in scooters

What are you talking about? The DCT is the only autobox available in the VT since the 2016 model was released

Yet it was completely absent in the 2013-2015 models, and there are so many people with new one complaining about the DCT. It's an absolutely piece of shit, and people who bought the 2016 are regretting it. The manual is superior in every way, and the Auto from 2013-2015 is better than the DCT.

The DCT is shit. Even Hyundai is aware of it, yet for some reason they jam it in their cars. If you wanna shift, get a manual. If you don't want to, get an automatic. This halfway bullshit is dumb.

>Korean
>good

The dct they have now didn't exist then, retard

So which type of transmissions take power well?

>korean
>good
>"""extremely smooth"""
>"""extremely reliable"""

gook shills please go

Ooooh, sure showed me

Poorly maintained car is clearly the sign of poor build quality

I would not count a dual clutch automatic as an "real" automatic, since it does not have torque converter and planetary gears.

How about ZF 8HP or 9HP or maybe Aisin. Even Hyundai uses Aisin transmissions.

>Acura
>Lexus
>Honda
>Toyota
>Mazda

>Not better at everything including autos.

Fuck off, Korean scum. Go get your cheek bones removed

the skymeme transmission is indeed very well built. With mine in the auto shifter mode I got 44.5 mpg on the way back from Chicago to Louisville this past weekend. Also, if you wanna thrash your car, it does like it when you revmatch on the downshifts. If you're lazy, just wait for the rpms to drop to 1000~ and then downshift normally as the car is braking.

1>2 shift can be moody if you shift too high, you have to granny shift it at like 1800 rpm. The rest shift pretty smoothly, I think it's just because 1 is geared so short.

with that said, I've only got 2500 miles on it right now, so we will have to see how it stands the test of time.

Anything except a cvt. Manuals, dual-clutch automatics, and conventional automatics can all handle thousands of pound-feet of torque with light modifications. A cvt is only good for a couple hundred, if even that.

We've already established that. The dual-clutch automatic is really just two manuals side by side, alternating which one is engaged.

Why does it matter? It's shit now, and it would be shit then.

Jesus christ you're dumb.