My gf wants us to marry and DEMANDS a dream wedding...

My gf wants us to marry and DEMANDS a dream wedding, since I (!!) have €28k in stocks WE (!) can use that for the wedding.
I first of all dont even want to get into that mantrap aka marriage but in her head its the only option.
Also im apparently a cheap fuck for not wanting to spend the only thing that will give me a bright future.
How do Veeky Forumsinessmen deal with this?

Other urls found in this thread:

becomingthemrs.com/28k-wedding-is-the-average-how/
today.com/style/average-price-wedding-goes-28k-1C8930027
iwillteachyoutoberich.com/blog/the-28000-question-why-are-we-all-hypocrites-about-weddings/
cbsnews.com/news/parents-age-childs-autism-risk/
marketwatch.com/story/the-larger-the-rock-the-rockier-the-marriage-2014-10-15
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Flirt with another girl in front of her when the opportunity to do so arises. Bitches are competitive, keep yourself on a leash obeying whatever direction you want the relationship to go in.

*your slut

Id rather get rid of her than spent 28k ,dont tell a girlfriend how much your worth.

DUMP THE GREEDY BITCH. FUCK SPENDING YOUR LIFE SAVINGS PORTFORLIO ON ONE FICKING WEDDING NIGHT WHEN IT CAN GROW TO 100,000 IF YOU PLAY YOUR CARDS RIGHT IN THE NEXT 5 YEARS

Make sure you have a pre-nup where she gets absolutely nothing in divorce. That's what a true Veeky Forumsnessman would do.

You picked a wrong women. Luckily I have educated my gf on money matters early on. In your case if you don´t own real-estate - house, I would use that as leverage to excuse yourself out of high-end wedding, but how not to get married, but stay in relationship is a hard-deal if women already DEMANDS that. Other than that, I do not understand how such people can have a healthy relationship, where one DEMANDS and other tries to avoid. If your women does not know how to handle money, you got to take the whip into your hands and make sure he has not part in that. If she walks out on I would say it was a bad investment, that was dumped with not big losses. If loose him after wedding in near future, calculate the cost yourself.

Lol. You're about to get 100+ posts of MGTOW.

I'll just be direct. The way you're telling it your GF is self centered, and expects your efforts to make her happy. So:

A) Spend the money, marry her, and deal with the obvious long term risk you are exposing yourself to.

B) try to manage the demands downward in price, and marry her, also still exposing yourself to great long term risk.

C) Break up with her and seek out a more selfless person to form a relationship with

In any case it's a clear cut scenario. It's 2017, you don't need Veeky Forums to answer this one for you.

28k on a wedding?
ditch the chick!!

I did already make up my mind but i was hoping i could spin this into a direction that isnt a breakup cause i do care about her. No way im getting married. In my country we do have something called a living together contract wich is between marriage and living together. You can get the tax benefits etc but its not as binding as a marriage. I want to suggest it to her but it just isnt as romantic as marriage wich is simply what all women want, ok most of them

Tell her outright she pays for 50% of the wedding if she is so bend on becoming your true lifetime equal partner and not just fucking leech sugar baby.

Why not take extra 25k in loans and spend 50k, invite every person she used to know so she will be socially shunned if she initiates divorce. Then have her back you up and help you develop a proper career because married men will rise the career ladder much faster (coworkers know you're responsibile, not gay, has shit to lose). Once you are high enough, you can easily bang hookers and your wife will still be with you due to age and lack of options.

this is how most men fuck up in life.

women are children

You'll get your money back in savings on shared bills and income. Probably in less than a year.

even when she divorces you and takes half you'll come out ahead because working together you're going to make more than twice as much as you could alone. Half of 3 is more than all of 1.

Veeky Forums is a bunch of drooling idiots on this subject. Just get married if that's what you need to do. You'll make far more money and have a much lower risk of losing it all due to unexpected events.

Bump

found to golddigger

I didn't realize women browsed Veeky Forums

>Half of 3 is more than all of 1.
Since when did a marriage = 3 people?

Are you seriously implying that women contribute financially in a relationship?

Fuck

ask her for prenupt

Sauce

This. If she's alrady a fuckup, what the hell are you with her for. May end up like garbage.

Obviously she's not right in her mind. You should REALLY break up or have a chat with her about not being married at all.

>Are you seriously implying that women contribute financially in a relationship?
some do, but he is a retard nevertheless.

She wants marriage, you don't. And according to you she is selfish. This is an /adv/ question, not a Veeky Forums question.

Also I'm tired of advising cucks who don't know how to choose a subservient woman.

> women are children
Someone said this to me when I was 27. To this day it's the smartest commentary on women I have ever heard. Using this mentality to treat women is the correct approach.

anonkun whats the quickest ways to know if a woman is subservient

if your jizz drops on the floor he bends down and licks it up.

Yes, definitely bump this

Respond to a request with "no" and see how she reacts

can't you just somehow convince her that you can't liquidate your assets?

Wtf, i thought the parents usually pay for a wedding?

Sounds like a big red flag.

Just no. What the fuck? No

Are you a bitch dude? What the fuck are you doing. Be a fucking man and tell her no, tell her why, and tell her if she doesn't like it she can find some other sucker while her looks fade and her personality only gets worse.

b e t a
e
t
a

25k in loans under her name :)

I had the marriage conversation with my gf and I told her there's no way I'm gonna do it, it's not just because of the money, this dream wedding shit is just a selfish thing. Women just want to be the center of attention for one night. My gf couldn't give me one good reason why she wants that, the only thing she could say was "I've always dreamed about it and that's why I want it".
I guess she thinks I'll change my mind in some years, but my mind was made about this when I was a kid.
It's a shitty situation, you'll be seen as a big asshole by everybody. I know I will, by my parents, brother, sisters.
I think there are only two options: either you do it or you breakup. Staying with her without doing it, is probably a bad idea, because the relationship will be shitty, she will resent you forever.

>she will resent you forever.
no, she'll leave you for someone that isn't a selfish bitch.

as she should. If you can't afford a woman maybe try men. Or dogs.

You aren't going to listen to me, but RUN

Unless you are really dumb and truly need someone to support you emotionally or else you will suicide.

A man alone is capable of marvelous feats

because demanding a dream wedding isn't a selfish attitude. Right.
Betafag that thinks it's a man's job to mantain women's lifestyle, this is just sad.

On the other hand, a guy who actually know shit about dick will know that prenups are toilet paper.

Op, just do yourself a favour and bail. She's already proven that she's a retard that doesn't know the value of money, doesn't respect the time and effort you put into aquiring your assets, and thinks nothing of making you poor. Just, don't.

I didn't say she wasn't being selfish.

I'm reminding OP that she can be a selfish bitch because there's plenty of men lining up to give her whatever she wants.

people aren't lining up for him though. Not women anyways.

supply and demand. She'll find her dream wedding and he'll be bitter and alone. I'm sure a few of you know how that goes. The ones that have had gf's. Unfortunately OP's asking advice of people like you that have never had a date.

>prenups are toilet paper.
What? Please elaborate.

it must suck being a mediocre woman in this society knowing that chad is now free to trade up at will and that billy beta is either too broke or too woke to be your personal checkbook
i guess it's either enjoy your cats and middle management or literally have a saudi take a shit on you

you can't write a contract that breaks state law.
so the court is going to toss out any prenup it considers unfair or illegal.

any prenup that deprives one party of their rights or property is illegal. It's doubly illegal since not only does it violate divorce law but it also doesn't compensate the deprived party so it violates contract law as well.

>billy beta is either too broke or too woke to be your personal checkbook
kek

ugly men have given up sex, news at 11.

this.

The laws are massively, MASSIVELY in the womans favour, basically everywhere in the world that has an actual legal system as opposed to tribal custom/Shariah shiteholes.

You can't win with family courts. Don't even try. They'll swallow you whole and shit you out a broken, destitute man.

Typically people who spend a lot on weddings tend to get divorced

I don't know about your relationship but my fiancee and I knew when we wanted to get engaged. Now we are planning the wedding and we are keeping it small but will spend around $12k since we are having it in Yosemite national park.

However this is not even close to the median wedding cost in America or even at Yosemite.

It's something we both agreed on without fighting. Sorry your gf is forcing you to get married and to have a dream wedding (sounds vain)

I would dump her user. It sounds like you will be fucked in the future and she'll suck you for cash

GET A PRENUP

I'm actually in a similar situation, like OP. I know that my gf can find her dream wedding if she wants and I'll be ok with that. You must be very depressive and projecting "he' ll be bitter and alone", like she is on a pedestal and user will never be happy without her. Sound like you're talking about yourself. If that's the case, feel sorry for you user. Hang on there.

kek if she wants a """dream wedding""" I bet she'll totally go for a civil union. she won't get offended at all!

>spending more than 50 bucks on a party
wew lad, your girl is retarded

I'm fine. I've noticed most of Veeky Forums is lonely and very angry at women.

I assume they've been hurt and rejected.

the irony here is that OP is the one doing the rejecting but he will blame her for it. Just like you guys are.

she has every right to ask for her wedding and OP has every right to say no. He just doesn't have the right to pretend it's her fault when she dumps him.
Either they're financial partners and that's her money or they're not.

OP hopefully you realize for fucking life's sake DO NOT STAY WITH THIS WOMAN.

This thread made me laff

Poor beta boy, how old is she OP 30 and her ovaries are drying?

How much does a decent whore cost for a bj? Tell her to give you $28K worth of bjs and the u can consider it. The money would deadset be better spent on whores.

When you get married, there is no longer a you and her but only the both of you. In the eyes of the state, you are one person. If that makes you uncomfortable, don't get married.

Would not want to be financial partners with a bitch who wants to blow all my hard earned saved money on one fucking night...then have to hear here bitch a month later about some money Bullshit ...like shit 28 k can be turned into more money. Or one wedding night.

>but honey, I'm going to use this money to buy us a house in Malibu someday!
Problem solved.
Why does she know how much money you have?
Has this ever once worked? I always hear 'prenup prenupt prenup' but I have never once heard a story where a man says 'I lost nothing in the divorce thanks to my prenup.' Not once.
The average wedding costs $40k
Isn't the father of the bride supposed to pay for the wedding?

Tell her that marriage is a homosexual institution. You don't want to be a faggot do you?

My brother got married to a tiny fat fillipino broad. Spent 32k on the wedding. Bought a Lexus in 2012 that they're still paying off. Bought a semi-detached house in Canada's currently over priced housing market that appreciated by nearly 25% in a single year and he refuses to sell it even though Canada is on the verge of one of biggest bubble pops in history. He even got his disgusting pig pregnant. No money saved up. Constantly spends money on stupid consumer electronics, also drives a suburban that guzzles more gas than a cheerleader does cum, and constantly eats out.

My brother is in his mid 30s and has consistently made every terrible financial decision possible short of going to University.

The guy works 50 hours a week in a factory taking home about $1,000 a week before taxes and thinks he's living the dream.

Keeps giving me shit for not doing "real work" because I started selling at a dealership 2 months ago and that sales is bullshit and that no one has money for cars in this economy. Meanwhile he's sweating his ass off destroying his body with labor, late nights, and fast food (fucker has had a job at his factory for nearly 2 years and he's gotten fatter.)

I've made $18,000 since I've started. I tell him that he shouldn't be giving advice to the guy who's a decade younger than him and making more than twice he is. "Yeah we'll see later in the year buddy."

Now he's bragging about his $1.75 promotion. "it all adds up dumbass." is the response I get after I tell him that it's not even an extra $100 a week.

>My gf wants us to marry and DEMANDS a dream wedding
>cares more about Disney fairytale shit that'll last for a day than your actual financial security together

I know the usual response is find another woman. Mine is also, but not for this, for the fact that this type of thinking shows she's an airhead and a fucking headache that'll probably fuck you over later on. Real women, mature women don't care about that shit, they want a nice private ceremony revolving around closeness and emotions with the family in a nice place. Not 24 karat bottles of $8,000 champagne falling from the venue of the stadium you rented with 8 hip-hop artists performing or some shit like that.

The fuck do I do if I'm gay?

>My gf wants us to marry and DEMANDS a dream wedding

Bail the fuck out. Get your money and shit well out of her reach and then tell her you found someone else.

Seriously, fucking run you fool. Also be less of a pussy next time, if you had balls she would not dream of trying this shit. Also why does she know what the value of your investments are?

28k will get 280 hookers, you don't need her, she needs you and btw if she's that retarded you really should dodge the bullet from now, cause if she has an opportunity to dumb you for a richer chad she absolutely will

>2017
>getting married

USA fag how do you know he is from USA ? rules aren't the same worldwide retard

He never even said USA you dofus

jesus you are mentally slow, he is saying married isn't 2017 because the rules in the US basically make marriage a stupid decision without a prenup

He doesn't even have a USA flag lol what an idiot

xD

Shariah actually dictates that you pay what's called a Mehr, an amount that the girl, her family etc. decide upon before you even get married.
Otherwise, you have to pay her that amount before you can leave her.
Don't think anyone follows it though.

becomingthemrs.com/28k-wedding-is-the-average-how/

today.com/style/average-price-wedding-goes-28k-1C8930027

iwillteachyoutoberich.com/blog/the-28000-question-why-are-we-all-hypocrites-about-weddings/

these all litterally talk about 28k weddings. It's shit like this that makes her think that's an ok amount.

I don't beleive in marriage but in all honestly if I did I'd probably have no problem spending that much on a wedding, remember this might be the highest achievement in her life and her last big party, she won't have promotions to celebrate, or new jobs or fortunes etc. This is her one and only celebration for the rest of her life until her children's birthdays which aren't hers or her funeral which she won't be there for

Break up, get a waifu

Why did I read this in Gordon Ramsay's voice

Anyway, have a sit down and talk this out with her. Probe the whats, whens, hows, whys, et fucking cetera. Cover all of your bases and explain your reasoning.

If she won't listen to you now, why the hell would she listen to you later once the deal is sealed?

Prenups aren't worth the paper they're written on as far as divorce courts are concerned.

>we are keeping it small
>but will spend around $12k
>in Yosemite national park

Living together contract sounds like a cultural marxist attempt to make the white race stop breeding

Fucking degenerate

Or he could spend his life savings on a marriage that ends up making him miserable and drives him to suicide before he inevitably gets divorced and develops a strong alcohol dependancy due to the fact that he's wasted his best years and is now broke and middle aged.

If you're a man under the age of 40 don't even think about getting married.

But if you're over 40 your sperm is shit and you'll have autistic children

What are you talking about? Men can safely reproduce well into their 70s. We aren't constrained by a biological clock like women. Go back to school kiddo.

>sounds like a cultural marxist attempt to make the white race stop breeding

This has nothing to do with anyone's race, you drooling teenage /pol/babby retard.

Men's sperm is always the same, women are the ones that can't reproduce past 30 without autists

She is probably not the one. This is coming from a man who married just a few years ago.

Sure, many women want a "dream wedding" since their childhood. But the reality is, using up all of your savings to blow on a single event with no return on investment is one of the most stupid things you can do. Similar to blowing your wad on a fancy new car when it will compromise your long term financial security. Albeit 28k isn't a huge amount if you both work decent jobs, but it is significant.

I would probably explain the reality to her that working 2-5 years to recoup those savings isn't going to make either of you happy. If she doesn't understand that, then you picked a pretty selfish, greedy and daft woman. I would say your better option is to get rid of her and find someone with a better sense of logic and a lower sense of stupidity.

You must have had fathers over the age of 40

cbsnews.com/news/parents-age-childs-autism-risk/

never listen to women. Never let women tell you what to do. your move bro

>The results, published today in the journal Molecular Psychiatry, found that autism rates were 66 percent higher among children born to dads over 50 years old, as compared to dads in their 20s. Autism rates were 15 percent higher when moms had children in their 40s and 18 percent higher for children of teen moms, when compared to those born to women in their 20s.
>medical contributor Dr. Holly Phillips explained that "paternal age - the age of fathers when they have children - showed the strongest link. Children who were born to fathers over 50 had a 66 percent higher rate of having autism. If the fathers were in their 40s, there was a 28 percent higher risk of autism.
Just in case you're too lazy to open a link

hahahahhahahahaha you really don't get out much, do ya?
supply and demand?
you throw words around you don't even understand in the context. My boy grow up beyond your 20s and you will see the tide beginning to turn

>This might be the highest achievement in her life
>her last big party
Only if she's a lazy sack of shit who does nothing for the rest of her life.

Use at most 5K for the wedding, or fuck it. Do a prenum as well, you dont wanna get fucked later. I'm not joking
>2017
>marrying anywhere but the middle east
just asking to get f..... brah.

I use: a large majority of humans are ignorant and delusional, emotional, impulsive, selfish, self destructive, shitheads.

so true. But keep in mind, any woman who's single in their 30s is guaranteed to be batshit crazy unless they ((literally)) just divorced

>bitch demands a 28k wedding

I'd leave that bitch right then and there to find someone a bit more reasonable.

My female cousin had her wedding for under $500, it was a blast. Weddings are what you make of them, throwing money at it won't make it any more fun.

who forces you to marry a 30 year old?
when you are a made man you can marry a sweet 18y even if you're 60 and you will still get your children - no need to hurry senpai

my gf is 32 now still unmarried and a pretty chill person. we won't marry because fuck the hassle and especially the expenses.

PRENUP
R
E
N
U
P

or just skip marriage

KEK
U
C
K

Just marry her you fucking autist

no, it doesn't provide any advantage over simply living our life together.

The more money spent on a wedding, the higher the likelihood of divorce. This is because gold-digging whores demand princess weddings.

marketwatch.com/story/the-larger-the-rock-the-rockier-the-marriage-2014-10-15

She sees you as a weak and pathetic wallet, and nothing more.

Get your bitch in line or she's going to be fucking Chads at her bachelor party, since it's her last chance to "fuck a real man."

Don't fucking do it you blithering idiot.