Yearly reminder that you should grease your drivetrain/chassis

Yearly reminder that you should grease your drivetrain/chassis

>Buy new to me early 2000's GM shitbox
>Nothing is serviceable

But there's no zerc fittings on my driveshaft, and the u joints are over 30 years old and just fine.

Well, what grease would you recommend?

I did everything on my shitbox with Valvoline SynPower Synthetic. Extremely disappointed and I now have two tubes of it I won't be using.
>Greased everything before winter, was still warm enough out I didn't need my heavy winter clothing
>Cold enough I remember waiting for the peak of the day to do the job

Anyhow, I crawled under there a week or two ago and decided to re-grease everything.
>The old grease came out rather fluidly and no longer had a lubrication feel to it in the u joints
>Grease from suspension components actually seems to dried up, came out extremely chalky as new grease pushed it out

Went back up town and picked up tube of Red N' Tacky for now.

I know. It's been a year

Did it not even two days ago

What does zerk mean? is it an american brand or something?

I only know them as grease nipples.

Zerk = grease nipple

>Toyota fags ITT

Totally. I brought the fox out at the beginning of May and there are clunks and rubbing sounds. Diminishing, but I'm sure it would sound much better if I greased the shit out of it.

I even have one of these somewhere that came with the new track bar I put on the truck last year.

Grease nipple sounds like something Randy Bobandy would shout when he's pissed.

Grease nipple also describes what its purpose is though.

Zerk just sounds like a random word, which is why I was asking if it was some brand name that stuck.

>zerk
invented by Oscar U. Zerk

My c.v. joints are lubricated by the environment.

is it true that if you put too much grease on the yoke you might fuck up the drivetrain?

but thats why i sold my jeep
i do not miss the 30 or whatever zircs it had

all the steering linkage
both driveshafts
the control arms
probably the shackles too

>lets get this subpar driveshaft that will shit the bed at 200k because I don't have the 15 mins per year to grease it

spicer made it. it was out of balance from stock. i had to take it to a shop and have it rebalanced.
if you want to point fingers, point them at dana spicer.

There is no zerk #4.
There's only 2 u-joints in that cardan joint.
Only 1 zerk per u-joint.
There is nothing else to grease.

What things should you grease on a car?

Anything that moves

I would rather grease zerk fittings than lose wheel bearings on my chevy every 60K miles at $1500 replacement.

Most of the time grease only pushes out 1 of the u-joint cups so enjoy greasing 1 bearing cap faggots.

>Buy a ford
>It doesn't have any
>CREEEEEAK every time you steer
What was so bad about actually having fittings?

On my 05 MGM and my 93 MKVIII none of the OEM joints made a noise until after they had worn out and failed the boot or developed play.

Damn son. I just ordered my grease to do exactly this.
OEM grease for 20$ per tube. Yeah buddy.

>$1500 replacement
What.