youtu.be/az39eqLIbyU
youtube.com/watch?v=OFIbuFUqJM0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

The Best shitbox ever made

every single japanese sports car

Those fender flares look ugly.
Those wheels look ugly.
Remove those ugly stickers.
Why are the keys left in the door like that.
Wtf is wrong with people.

My african american.

in during legendary car

Yeah TOM's

This is like beyond legend. Mythical, or godly.

Any kind of sport version car based on a civilian vehicle is a legendary/hero car in my opinion

HE LIVES

Gonna need some context.

So did Lotus really design this or is it all baseless rumour?

Ameriniggers thinking their niggerbarges account for something.

>Did so well in Le Man when Mazda checked the engine they found that if needed it could do another 24 hours if needed

OJ Simpson never forget.

filename

>Did so well in Le Mans
>only 1 victory
>ever

>was banned after first victory

Wankel engines were outlawed shortly after that race. Not to say anyting in defense of that engine in any production car, but with a proper build and a team behind, it's a serious contender.

It the fate of Lancia the saddest of Westerner tales?

was meant for

>We want the best of the best
>Just don't innovate in ways that deviate from norm
Fuck FIA and fuck their "m-muh driver skills"

Anything that touches Fiat is doomed to fail eventually

No fucking way dude.

>t's a serious contender

Do people forget the 400 lb weight advantage they convinced officials to let them have or...?

Yup. Is there even something close to Group B today in terms of car specs?

Imagine going "free for all" engineering wise, on a closed course. Let the best machine, with the best driver win the race. Wankel, suction cup soap boxes, turbine cars, whatever, as long as it makes contact with the track.

I would watch the shit out of this.

It's not like the engine was gifted to them. They had the balls to invest in something nobody else would touch, and it was probably allowed because nobody had any idea of the result.

I like the flares and the stickers. its pretty much how i'd have one.

No, i mean the weight savings they were given on top of the engine. the class required all group C cars to weigh 2,200 lbs or more even if they naturally weighed under that but they were the only ones allowed to go below that. so it was like other group C cars like the Sauber C9 were running around with led ankle bracelets.

Modern WRCs are probably equal if not even faster then B, but not in a relative sense of how the Group were Gravel Supercars.

:-)

This

Why?

Agreed

I like this idea. Completely open rulebook, save for some obvious safety equipment. It would be like Wacky Races in real life

yup

I came here to post this.

Gotta love the e36.

pretty much

winner winner

36 Is my Autocross #. I wanted to use a historic Toyota #. I drive a Toyota MR2 :)

TS020

An ex lotus engineer helped design it and Lotus had a similar project that they cancelled.

Unpopular opinion: The AW11 isn't really legendary, it's just loved on Veeky Forums because it's the cheaper alternative to the AE86 which every weeb on this board loves.

Disregarding the fact that the one in the photo is an MXR-01 and not the winning 787B, the car wasn't banned, rather the engine was. The 787B used a rotary engine which after it won in 1991 the FIA reorganized the requirements of the event to require V10 engines for all racers. The ban has since been lifted.

youtu.be/az39eqLIbyU

Pic related is a 787B, note the lack of scoop ontop of the car as well as the difference in the spoiler and minute differences of the body work around the headlights.

>The ban has since been lifted.
LMP1 and LMP2 must use reciprocating piston engines

Troopers are legendary? I commute this thing every day.

>Still to this day the only Japanese manufacturer to win Lemans
>Mazda
>Proud

>wins on their first try
>not doing well

Old trooper >>>>> shit >>>>>>>>>>>>> new trooper

re re re re

Isn't mine pretty old?

"Mazda, you just became the only Japanese manufacturer to win the world's most prestigious road race. Where do you see yourself in 30 years?"

"Well, I think we're going to phase out most motorsports, focus on small SUVs and make sure none of our cars have over 250hp. The rotary? I figure we'll make a terrible version of it and then kill it off entirely."

Where did it all go do wrong

It's not just Mazda, shits awful everywhere.

Came here to post this, good job user.

you make me angry but the only refute I have is that it was a fairly cheap MR that didn't ignite itself or wasn't italian
something that hasn't been done since

Fastest production 4 door car ever made at the time. It was so fast it outraged the Daily Mail who ran a piece on it because it was faster than any police car in the country at the time.

reminds me of this
another fastest 4 door
youtube.com/watch?v=OFIbuFUqJM0

That's not a 787b btw.
>TFW there are a couple of road-legal versions of this thing.
You're pouring salt in the wounds, user.

Anyway, here are a few contributions:

I don't think the RX8 is terrible tbqh. But that's just me.

user you keep posting this on almost every board, and you make me slowly want one. I do not know whether to love you or to hate you, but now i keep searching for one on sales.

Nah, the aw11 is the poor man's Ferrari and in the eyes of normies (and car folk) alike it is a very cool car which I'd argue makes it legendary

Emissions and regulations

>filename

>pic unrelated

E30
Miata

fuck you
>t. Minot

>in the eyes of weebs (and ricers) alike it is a very cool car which I'd argue makes it legendary

fixed

It's a monster of a car, the main problem with it was the fuel consumption. I miss this era of Le Man, the hybrids are great but they don't have that special something cars like this had.

They're one of the smaller marques and have got to keep turning a profit to stay alive. The rotary isn't a big moneymaker, unfortunately small SUVs are. Same reason there isn't a 3rd gen Mazdaspeed3.

>one class win
>legendary

All three of these.

Whats that blue one?

R390gt1

Damn thought it looked familiar. I've only seen it in racing liveries.

AW11 would've cemented legendary status had Toyota got this thing onto a podium.

a challenger appears

>a challenger appears
fixed

And the road version of course.
Nearly all of the Bond cars are pretty legendary too.