Should I get something pic related for my 80s scrapheap...

Should I get something pic related for my 80s scrapheap? I know they're pretty low tech but they look fucking ballin as hell. The green light headdeck and EQ just screams 80s.

My car is an 87 AW11 btw

Other urls found in this thread:

ebay.com/itm/KENWOOD-GHAPHIC-EQUALIZER-KGC7043/192187311081
ebay.com/itm/toyota-corolla-11-band-graphic-equalizer-74500-oem-jdm-used-/322523385530
ae101ownersclub.com/t2499-toyota-oem-equalizer
youtube.com/watch?v=AfMOJdgO59k
ebay.com/itm/09-10-11-12-Nissan-Sentra-Radio-Cd-MP3-Player-CY13F-28185-ZT50A-OEM-TESTED-/272553184041?hash=item3f756f8b29
ebay.com/itm/142385792288
ebay.com/itm/142390860095
ebay.com/itm/272680969827
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

You have a double din space in there?
And yeah, why not? Unless you can do the repairs yourself, make sure the seller has it tested and says it's working so when it doesn't you can drop a shit review and/or demand money back.

YES
and post pics of car

Yeah I don't have the older single din model so I can fit two.

>that fucking deck
put it in please OP. also, where can I find something like this?

Lol yes. Let me know when you get a chance to win.

This just hit me as a business concept...

Buy a whole shit ton of old 80's head units for cheap. Function test and repair as needed, take the tape deck input (or AM radio or something) and reconfigure it to accept USB/AUX.

Sell them for a modest profit to people who don't want weeb ninja rainbow LED fuckpile head units, but still with modern features.

It would all depend on how easy to reverse engineer they are.

I need a new cd player, my 2004 alpine is shot, it keeps not reading cds and the radio just doesn't receive signals very well.

where the fuck do you find something like this? i would slap this in there in a heartbeat

I really want to replace mine with something like this. The OEM one I have is pretty nice but still, that EQ tho.

Are you the guy with the clean stock unit from the last audio thread? Definitely a fun project, but a lot of the Alpine EQs can fetch megabucks, Kenwood, Pioneer, Blaupunkt, Proton, and a few others also made some nice graphic EQs that don't command quite as much money

>mfw I remember my mom used to have one of these in her FC RX7
>I was only 4
I loved being a little shitheel and just fiddling around with the equalizer sliders

>ballin

damn it man, you posted this the other day and I already told you that cd/cassette combo is perfect and not to change a thing!

But the EQ and green lights...

Old car stereo thread?
Old car stereo thread.

Thinking about switching my gaudy as fuck stereo and putting in an Alpine 7282, but I can't find their wiring harnesses anywhere. Where can I find them? I've tried eBay, Amazon, everywhere.

I want one but all the functioning ones on ebay are like 400 dollars and I don't want to spend that on just aesthetic alone.

Get an Alpine 7282, although cassettes are the only thing you'll be able to play. But, that's the reason why man invented the cassette to aux adapter. Planning on putting one in once I find the fucking wiring harness for it.

Some cool ones currently on ebay
ebay.com/itm/KENWOOD-GHAPHIC-EQUALIZER-KGC7043/192187311081

This one would be super cool in an MR2 (if it works)
ebay.com/itm/toyota-corolla-11-band-graphic-equalizer-74500-oem-jdm-used-/322523385530

Never had seen one of these, they look great, here's a pinout to be able to adapt it to a normal deck
ae101ownersclub.com/t2499-toyota-oem-equalizer
youtube.com/watch?v=AfMOJdgO59k

How did I never know about these? Tempted to buy it and put it in my Tacoma

Looks like they were Japan only for early 90s Corollas

ebay.com/itm/09-10-11-12-Nissan-Sentra-Radio-Cd-MP3-Player-CY13F-28185-ZT50A-OEM-TESTED-/272553184041?hash=item3f756f8b29
This one is cheap, looks fine enough and has an aux port.
Should be easy enough to get a harness for it too.
Doesn't fit any sort of retro aesthetic though.

I haven't looked at the back of my unit in a long time but would that second EQ work on this?

If it isn't plug and play it wouldn't be difficult to make it work

As in like how the separate CD Din hooks into the 91' OEM cassette unit and functions as one. I'm not sure if it's the same wiring plug.

OEM radios for my 04 subaru

ebay.com/itm/142385792288
this one has a lot of charm, two screens, tight knobs, weather band? i fucking love weather band!

ebay.com/itm/142390860095
oooh, that cool green text!

ebay.com/itm/272680969827
top of the line mcintosh stereo, twice as much but it will sound twice as nice

and yeah, i need it to have cassette player. I hunt down and still listen to cassettes all the time

This has been my plan for quite some time. Please do it OP so I can live vicariously through your experience.
I was looking at some headunits like this but they were quite expensive.

i wish i could for one for dirt cheap because i dont want to pay ebay hipster tax for antiquated shit.

get the mac. its only 150.