Am I retarded if I buy pic related (140k miles) instead of a 99 Camry (127k miles)?

Am I retarded if I buy pic related (140k miles) instead of a 99 Camry (127k miles)?

Both $3k

Yes.

No.

Maybe

Tiebreaker: yes

Both are shit get a civic

thread/

I don't know

Are civics really better than camrys or is this just memes?

They really are, Civics are actually fun.

Camrys are really just reliable people mover at the end of the day, though it does it's job well I guess.

Too bad the only civics I can find were owned by 17 year old chads.

Can you afford the up keep of a $100k car? If your answer is no than the BMW is not for you. It can only be worth 3k today, but that doesnt mean thats what the maintenance will be. If you get a clean example and one with good history and documentation the BMW will be just as good. If both come no documentation than you are in for a world of hurt on both.

That's part of the Civic experience.

Is that a 1997 740i? Actually not a bad year/engine. If 750 you're in for a glorious engine with a glorious amount of problems and upkeep. At least the v8 was shared across various models and therefore parts are more readily available. If it's after 1996 displacement went from 4l to 4.4l

man i see cheap dream cars so often

have to fight the urge to do something stupid every day

it looks oh so cheap, but why.....why would they sell it for so cheap

>it looks oh so cheap, but why.....why would they sell it for so cheap

>babby's first car buy

Because the maintenance / fixing of those cars is often several times of what they're still worth

That's the best gadget-laden Bond car.

Prove me wrong

well, from my experience...

Both will run to the moon and back several times. Both are about as expensive to maintain, and both handle decently, with the Civic getting a point more for better handling.

But the real reasons I say go with a Civic over a Camry is overall quality control, and the biggie, interior quality.

The interior of a Camry will turn to shit right around 180k miles. Plastic buttons will fail, dash pads crack, door handles get sticky, latches break, beauty panels break, it's a real pain in the ass.

MEANWHILE, the Civic doesn't seem to have this issue. The fit and finish is a bit better, the interior handles the sun better, and the mechanisms like buttons and latches just fucking work.

Plus, bonus reason: Honda has mastered the low displacement, naturally aspirated engine far better than Toyota has. Their engines are more punchy and last longer, my opinion.

So if you come upon a Civic and Camry, both with equal miles and equal interior condition... get the Civic.

can you repeat the question

You wont be able to maintain it. Otherwise go for it.

>you can't upkeep a 20 year old 7 series!
lmfao the parts are cheaper than dirt for old bimmers

Yes. You should try to understand that there are reasons why a car that cost a few times when it came out of the other one is worth the same. :)

If it's pre-1997 prepare to be buttfucked by issues with the motor that they didn't sort out til later models

>wanting cool rwd sedan instead of fwd shitbox
you might be retarded but hey, it's right kind of retardation

I want a manual 740i, why are they so rare :(

This, sometimes retardation is fun.