/acg/ - Armored Core General: There's more crossover than I expected Edition

For all newcomers, Armored Core and all JP mecha discussion here. You are welcome to shill western stuff with JP influence.

BEFORE YOU PROCEED LISTEN TO OUR THEME SONG!!!
instaud.io/jzI

AC pastebin:
pastebin.com/z1bJS9gF
Read that if you have any questions. If the pastebin doesn't answer whatever question you may have feel free to ask us in the thread.

/acg/'s partially complete recommendation pastebin:
pastebin.com/Wjv8sukr

Steam:
steamcommunity.com/groups/armoredcorevg

/acg/ PLAYS

SCRIMMS
>Welcome to

SUNDAY NIGHT FOR ANSWER
>Youkoso

SATURDAY AFTERNOON VERDICT DAY
>/acg/ Park

Official Strategy guide PDFs for 2, 3, and Nexus :
emuparadise.me/magazine-comic-guide-scans/Armored_Core_2_Another_Age_Prima_Official_eGuide/1833
emuparadise.me/magazine-comic-guide-scans/Armored_Core_3_Prima_Official_eGuide/1635
emuparadise.me/magazine-comic-guide-scans/Armored_Core_Nexus_Prima_Official_eGuide/2226

AC related cover music: ripped from niconico by risto
mega.nz/#!j1l03AjA!beyftPD1gLIsymJC2gdmHpUecO4JHGbg6KdFQNS7htI

Understanding Last Raven technical stuff.
pastebin.com/RfbVYwwr

AC Webm collection download.
dropbox.com/s/eh12d8bhn4o5t3p/AC Webm.rar?dl=0#

Other urls found in this thread:

gematsu.com/2017/03/dark-souls-iii-director-not-concerned-whether-not-next-game-resembles-dark-souls
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I just saw the last episode, goddamn now I'm sad, I really enjoy this after episode 3, and that episode 11.

What is this the opening image referencing?

Also, fucking caught up on IBO season 2 and just fuck my shit up senpai. My IBO poster on my wall is now just depressing to look at.

Kemono Friends, a slice of life that became a sleeper hit this last season.

Is that bad? I am going to do a marathon with a friend this weekend

It isn't bad. It's amazing.

Thanks for the hope.

bump

bump

>is that bad
In my opinion IBO is boring and wasted potential
But some people like it. I like the setting and the melee focused robots, so you might get more out of it than I did.

>news outlets that refer to the most recent armored core as "Armored Core V"

>hack writers who can't be bothered to fucking look up the list of games and assumes there's only 5 games in the franchise.

also:

gematsu.com/2017/03/dark-souls-iii-director-not-concerned-whether-not-next-game-resembles-dark-souls

Apparently their next game is directly something he's been wanting to make for a while. That might mean that the next AC is not done by him (good) but could also mean the next AC might not be next up to be released (bad). The fact that it doesn't resemble dark souls is a good sign that it's a mech game, at least.

In their defense, even Bamco didn't seem to remember Verdict Day was a thing.

It's already been a couple years waiting for the next AC, what's a few more? And if they keep Miyazaki and his incompetence for multiplayer away from the game, or at least lock him to just writing the story/characters, and nothing more, then I think a few more years of waiting is justifiable.

My theory:

Next game is AC6. It will not be directed by Miyazaki, but Yui Tanimura (ACV/VD) instead.

Miyazaki will be working on the "something different" game next and they would not want to release it that close to Dark Souls 3, so they will use AC6 as a buffer between Dark Souls 3 release and whatever comes next.

So does that mean we can look forward to more clan dickwaving, then?

So long as each clan has distinct styles of mechs like the corporations of old, I'd be down for it

Maybe. He did say he wants to make an MMO.

Not that kind of clan. I mean more like teams with their own lobbies and drama and conveniently forgetting about their losses.

would this game be fun for a non-weeb?

Depends on what you like out of a game.

Though, most AC fans don't generally consider the game weeb-ish, outside of maybe 4th gen.

What do you even mean by weeb? It's a pointless buzzword these days.

what a gay buzzword
do you like giant robots? then yeah it's fun for anyone go have fun

I honestly dont know what to expect for the next game, in both gameplay and lore, since the new fame of from could get into their heads

Hello lads, is this the Ace Combat General?
Ace Combat but replace the planes with Armored Cores when
Or vice versa

Not quite. If you're looking for someone to round out an idol squadron, I can't help you anymore. Infinity crashes on startup for me. That and I still haven't set my PS3 back up since getting back from spring break, what, two weeks ago?
But to answer your question, that is why we have the wonderful world of Veeky Forums. Find a system and make your own Ace Combat with mechs.

But I come from Veeky Forums, genuinely curious of this thread

Now hold on a second. I could've sworn you were an /aceg/ namefag. I know I've seen that name before.
Or wait.
Perhaps this is more up your alley?

I've been using this name for years
Mostly on Veeky Forums and /co/ though, although after Veeky Forums got made I rambled and lurked on /sbg/, /mcg/, and /civ4xg/. I really like Armored Core and Ace Combat though, AC Last Raven was great (fucken ZINAIDA), also Ace Combat Zero was great (hey buddy, still alive?)

So hi, /acg/!

Well, unfortunately, you're not missing a lot. This is Veeky Forums's deadest general.
Good taste, though.

good night /acg/

is project nimbus worth 13 bux