HELP ME PLEASE

18 year old Senior in High school here. Im Canadian and today is the last day to sign up for University. My choices are either go to Uni and go in the law direction, go into the trades or join the military. Any advice or suggestions would help, thanks.

>today is the last day to sign up for University

and..................you're asking now?

I was decided that I wasnt going but now Im getting kind of nervous and my parents are bitching at me. Also feel like I may regret it if I dont go. My sheets are all filled out just have to click submit, got 8 hours to make a final decision.

go to the military and after 3 years back to university, you will learn discipline and not leave things important for the last day.

The fuck? Apply for university anyways and then debate this question when you have OFFERS you fucking nimrod.

It costs money to apply

I know Im a dumbass, hear it from my parents enough. Just looking for help as theyre gonna kick me out when I graduate in 5 months. Im decent at school have a 84 average if theres any Canadians here.

No shit retard and we all paid it. Surely you had a part time job for the last two or three years and saved up some money for your application fees.

I am Canadian. I graduated from U of T in 2012.

Listen, university is as valuable as you let it be. If you're going to party and take stupid classes and have fun for four years enjoy your debt and no job prospects, but if you're going to buckle the fuck down and get at the very least a 3.7 in a STEM field or finance if you're truly driven, then do so.

Otherwise go join the army like a braindead retard or go into the trades and work on the rigs. Except oil is dogshit right now.

I did have a job, just saving money for when they kick me out. Just asking myself if paying for Uni applications is a good idea.
Random but is Law School a bad idea? Parents say I should do it but the internet and some forums Ive read say its a bad idea.

>recommend he be an autist that only focuses on his work and his grade

Way to make sure he ends up with a shit job

Is University worth it just for the "experience?" thats literally what my Mom keeps telling me.

What programs are you looking into?

If nothing specific and still don't know what to do, join the military full time. I have 4 years service, it's not a bad life. Free food, housing and you get jacked. All you have to put up is sleep deprivation, being cold, wet and hot at times.

Its like $100 for a decent canadian uni, stop making bad decisions

Is your mom going to pay for it? If so, sure. Go get the "experience"

>Random but is Law School a bad idea? Parents say I should do it but the internet and some forums Ive read say its a bad idea.

Canadian law student here. I don't think law school is a very good choice unless you are quite specifically interested in working as a lawyer (and all that entails). It's a decent path to solid middle class wage slavery for 40 years though. It's definitely what you make of it.

I'd recommend anyone with a brain go to university but it sounds like you aren't quite ready for it yet. I'd take a year off after graduation (assuming you're in grade 12) if I were you. Work a bit, travel a bit, have fun and figure out what direction you want to take in life (doesn't need to be concrete) and then go to university the year after.

I strongly recommend further education, but don't feel like you need to do so immediately after graduating high school. Keep the flexibility open because once you're in, you need to be committed to doing well in whatever you end up studying.

TL;DR think about it.

Want to go into Law. May go the military route, my stepdad did that.
Thats a lot. Trying to save money to live on my own so Im not homeless.
I know it sounds stupid but I dont wanna be 60 and looking back at my life and regret not going to university.
Solid advice, only problem is my parents are literally kicking me out June 31st so if I dont go to Univeristy I wont be having fun and traveling, I will be getting a job. Nothing wrong with that per se but I feel like I may get stuck just working at a dead end job for the rest of my life. Thanks for the input about Law too.

June 30th

If you want to be employable asap, go into trades, especially plumbing.

If you have zero money join the military.

If you've got your heart set on an academic path, like law, then choose a degree related to what you want to pursue in law and then figure out what minors would work best for going towards law school -- traditionally that'd be any law-related minor or philosophy. Don't laugh too hard, philosophy minor and majors typically occupy the top 25% of law and medicine students in grad/postgrad.

If you have no money but are going the academic path, aggressively pursue loans, scholarships, and bursaries. When I applied for a loan because the uni library wouldn't employ me unless I was on financial assistance, I was granted a $4000 loan that I just invested in mutual funds until it came time to pay it back, and then $1500 in funds I didn't have to pay back. It was a surprise to me, but it covered rent for almost three months so it's not like I'm complaining.

Not a problem at all, user. I'm happy to talk about law and academia generally.

That sucks to be getting kicked out so young. I feel for you man. In that case I would probably send out my university applications and start preparing to move away for school soon.

Just remember to actually do well in school. Any fuckups will be going on your permanent record (this one is real - not like your elementary school one) for the foreseeable future. Doing well will always keep your options open.

University is a really fun time. Try to find some focus if you can so that you'll be motivated to do well and to do something you want to do. You have a lot of time to do that now.

listen, if you don't really want to go to university this year do not go. I made this mistake and ended up shitting the bed for two years and then dropping out and getting a job. I really wish I'd just done what I'd wanted and worked and figure some shit out and then go to school for something I knew I wanted to pursue. Instead I wasted two years because my parents convinced me that I would never go back if I didn't go then, now I know how fucking stupid that logic is. I'm back at school now and have a 3.9. Take the year off, work and make money, and think about shit. Don't listen to your retarded friends and family if you know what's best for you deep down (sorry for the sap)

Thanks for the comment. Is Plumbing the best trade? Heard electricians are a good field too.
Do you regret going to Law School or do you actually like Law? I think Im more of the only wanting to go into Law for the supposed money kind of guy. If that makes sense.
Thats what my gut is telling me its just hard when literally everyone around you is telling you to go to Uni or be a fuckup for life, even my "guidance Councillors."

You are about to make a decision that will dictate your future. You are not willing to spend $100 to keep options open when you figure out what to do? Maybe you should go beg on the street since you can't afford $100.

Probably should, dont like asking for handouts though. Thanks for the comment.

part of growing up is tuning out what other people want from you versus doing what you know is best for yourself. It doesn't really sound like you know what is best for yourself which is why you should probably just get a job you can quit easily if need be until you have some idea of what you want to do. If anything crush community college for the time being and try to get into a killer school after that.

Probably going to do this. I dont know what I want to do and I dont wanna go into massive debt. Also my gut feeling.

Can you join some kind of partial military program to give you a job and teach you some skills, give you income, etc while you take community college course? If not I would join military and take cc courses... not sure how canada works tho