Are there any laws against manipulating the price of Bitcoin to my own advantage if I have the capability to do so?

Are there any laws against manipulating the price of Bitcoin to my own advantage if I have the capability to do so?

governments enforce laws.

ever thought what bitcoin is exactly to the "government" in a legal sense?

ever hear the word "jurisdiction"?

you think you are smarter than him but you are fucking retarded. you make zero sense faggot

supermarkets enforce supply.

ever thought what milk is exactly to the "supermarket" in a legal sense?

ever hear the word "inventory"

That's how autistic you sound trying to come off as being smarter than OP when both of you are clueless in regards to this cryptocurrency.

I'm asking because if Bitcoin might be considered a commodity, then would laws against commodity price manipulation apply here?

Nope

Technically yes. Realistically no.

Same answer to "is it possible"

All I was attempting to do was get OP to consider his question would apply equally to anything that shares btc's status:

"Are there any laws against manipulating the price of X to my own advantage?"

what is X?

>More broadly, the classification also now means it is more likely the CFTC could, under its market manipulation authority, police fraudulent activities on exchanges where bitcoins – and not just bitcoin derivatives – are traded.

If you cover your tracks, ya know, make it so no one can make the connection between your transactions and your identity then yeah. The US would probably just blame it on the Russians anyway.

kek

Depends if you'll be doing it in collusion with others I guess.
I mean Rembrandts, or Pollacks, or Warhols are a commodites, does anyone sue collectors for price manipulation?

then again I'm not a lawyer. If you're not just LARPing I suggest you start looking into financial-instrument like things where accusations of price manipulations, cartels, or collusion etc. have been brought to court.

It would just be by the carefully calculated timing and size of my transactions on the exchanges in order to move the price in the direction I want. I've been building a trading bot, and I'm not sure if implementing this feature would be legal or not. I don't want to place myself under any undue scrutiny, given the large cash deposits ready coming into my bank account from foreign bitcoin exchanges.

Also me (OP) posting from wifi, by the way

I think the worst that can happen is an exchange blocking you from future trading. US Law and any other countries aren't going to step in over something they have no stake in and in all reality don't like.

enjoy getting doxxed

So you're running an exchange and can stack the order books? Sounds like a plan Stan, take those coiners for all you can get!

Supermarkets are a duopoly here, milk is what they what to call it. Let that sink in.

The price of bitcoin has dropped nearly $400 in a matter of days; it's a combination of manipulation by commie chinks and pussy faggot limp wristed panic selling nu male cucks (think faggots from San Francisco)

This is an excellent buy opportunity, but few people realize this

M8 it is New Year soon, they cash up and go home to see Parents else face serious disgrace.

I'm not here for coinfag delusions, just thoughts on the legality of manipulating the order book.

Fucking called it! BOOM.

I mean, there's more to it than that, but I'm not giving away my secret sauce. Is it legal to purposefully trade in patterns that favorably affect the market price though?

There is no illegal with buttcoins, the hand of the free market rules. Libertarian paradise.

The exchanges are governed by laws dumbass.

Whats a 'bitcoin'?