Will RWD hatches become more common again?

No.

Why?

Patrician taste

wat

rwd hatchbacks were never common

No

Packaging.

Twingorinas are sluts

RWD hatchbacks were pretty rare to begin with and most likely no because the RWD config compromises too much space mainly.

The whole point of hatches is practicality. RWD is practical in literally zero ways.

the ones who stick to the old ones are the real deal

You're completely spot on.
New Twingo:
>rear engine, rear wheel drive
>boot still in the back but small as fuck
>whole space in the front: WASTED

Under the hood is literally nothing other than the front wheels and space for them to turn, it's a fucking joke.
As far as I know it has something to do with crash safety but still it's incredibly idiotic that the front space cannot be used.

No, those are just underachievers.

With electrics ? Maybe

If you live near a big city in western Europe they've always been there and aren't going anywhere.

Were they ever common?

GM T-body
AMC’s "junior cars"
Ford Pinto
KP60 Starlet
E70 Corolla
126p Bis
FA4 Familia
Hyundai Pony
Volvo 340

there are probably more

mum has one and there isn't really much space up there to begin with
if they made it look nice and a storage area, you might be able to fit two or three shopping bags in the front if you are lucky and that's it
it does have a incredibly small turning circle though because the wheels have loads of room to turn so that's a plus

I do have to say that the boot is weirdly small. Every time I put something in it or take something out I am always surprised at how high up it is

No, RWD wouldn't make much sense in most hatchbacks.

>RWD hatchbacks
Before Twongo the Third the only RWD hatch was the 1 Series

>not mentioning BMW 1 series

user asked if they were ever common, which they were in the 70s when manufacturers first transitioned from small sedans to hatchbacks

BMW 1 series

oh, nvmd

turned into FWD, might aswell leave it out.

not yet it hasn't my friend

Yes, but they'll be electric, so nobody will give a shit.

e36 and e46 have hatchback bodystyles

BMW (FR) and Smart/Renault (RR) are the only one doing them
BMW plans to make their 1 series hatchback into a FWD platform using the mini cooper engine

Smart has no plans on powering up the drivetrain, so you are forever stuck with either a NA or turbo 0.9L inline 3
Renault just rebadges smart forfour into twingos with no change to the powerplant

I fucking wish

>wtf were you thinking toyoburu, not making the 86 a hatch...

what the fuck does a hatch matter though? Having the rear window lift up with the trunk doesn't make the car sportier or better. I don't know who you fags obsess over hatches when they're just little coupes with a slightly different trunk. That shouldn't make the car fall into a different classification

Get out faglord

The 2 series active tourer is the only fwd bmw

They're planning on turning the 1 FWD too.

>I dont care if I can actually carry shit in my car: the post.

kys

1 series is going FWD
Mini Coopers are BMW made and are FWD
X1 are also FWD now (soon the other X line SUVs will be too)
BMW cave in

The new Twingo is a rebadged Smart ForFour, of course it has no frunk, its just a long wheel base Smart ForTwo

It's the only way to stop people from looking at a 3 then buying a 1.

>make the first rwd subcompact hatch in forever
>won't let you drift in it

what the FUCK is renault's problem?

I managed to fit 2 armchairs in my mums i10 but couldn't fit a single one in my Focus sedan.

Sedans sadly they're going the way of the dodo, most people prefers hatchback cars nowadays. I've gotten the hatch but the sedan was cheaper and couldn't find one with the manual.

X5/X6/X6 will never be FWD
they are too big and heavy to be fwd

My SX is sort of a hatchback, right? Not a true wagon anyway.

i mean x5 x6 and the upcoming x7

Kadett D

>too big and heavy

Most modern vans are fwd.

Never. RWD is useless in something with the wheelbase of a fucking teacup. You won't be drifting with wheelbase that short so what's the point?

look at this pleb

Honk honk, mofo

>tfw the latest twingo is actually narrower than the original

iirc it's also shorter in length than the second gen. The current Twingo is weird in a lot of good ways, I just wish they offered it in 3 doors.

I could fit all that shit in the back of my camry without blocking my rear visibility

No you couldn't, fucknut. You can lay the back seats down in pretty much any liftback and use the entire interior besides the front seats for cargo. You've clearly never owned a hatch you troglodyte.

:(

The radiator, battery and fluid reservoirs are in the front.
There's also a substantial crash structure.

This would be the fuckin life. I mean nothing compares to being a multibillionaire but imagine this

>Sweet and pretty girlfriend
>European country (preferably Greece)
>Comfy large house
>Being well off
>Just your shitbox and hoon machines
>Going on long drives in late evenings with her

well if youre mostly going backwards, its technically a FWD

Twingo has RWD?

whats the biggest original engine for the hatch?
thats a C not a D btw

New twingo is RR