>Motorcycle Hot Opinions

/dbt/ map:
google.com/maps/d/viewer?msa=0&mid=1YwqbzbdRjMAItdOZPktcND3Nr98

Noob? Git gud:
webms with sound!
Old thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

sportbiketrackgear.com/brembo-yamaha-yzf-r1-15-17-z04-race-front-brake-pads/
ebay.com.au/itm/PIRELLI-DIABLO-SUPERBIKE-SC1-REAR-TRACK-MOTORCYCLE-TYRE-200-60R-17-NHS-61-233-32/331859430752?_trksid=p2047675.c100623.m-1&_trkparms=aid=2220072&algo=SIC.MBE&ao=2&asc=20161027085944&meid=b8d6d22dfc634e63a1bbd0241bd8495d&pid=100623&rk=1&rkt=6&sd=201914606861
youtube.com/watch?v=8b31J9-VKug
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I'm putting my waifu folder on a thumb drive and am preparing to go this route tomorrow. First big trip I'm making. There's going to be some precipitation around Ruzomberok-Poprad. I think I'll be able to pull it off.

On the off chance someone's going the same way, I plan on setting out around 11am and going on highways, but leisurely. Feel free to join, I'll be a lot calmer knowing someone's around.

ive crashed last week and im having like 15 close calls in a day

idk wtf is wrong with me

im going riding dbt wish me luck

wtf i love bikes now

Thoughts on Yamaha YBR 2015??

You're probably just noticing or thinking you're close to crashing. Make sure your fundamentals are good next time you go riding

an American can walk into a shop and buy a gun, but a Kinder Surprise? Oh no siree. That’s dangerous. Don’t even think about it.

How do I add myself to the dbt map? I'm in Harlem, NYC with a 1994 BMW K75

>buying the chocolate jew

Make a new map. Then wait for AKTMG to have a sperg and he will add you after his hissy fit.

I dreamt I was purchasing some is better of semi-vintage Ducati aircooled L-twin. I also remember I had a lot of fun in my dream getting to know it and riding it.

Now I'm oogling various 800 SS at the classifieds. Help me.

Thanks

Saw some dude roll up to a red light in one of these and the sound it was making was insane. The exhaust note itself is super gnarly but there is also some weird rattle the bike makes (I think from the dry clutch) that sounds amazing

love the colors senpai, very 1996

Saw one the other day when riding home from school. Rider was a total fagboi but the bike was still sexy as fug

1994 K75
P E R I O D C O R R E C T

Anybody here running brembo rc pads? Do you like them compared to regular sintered? What's the longevity like?

I'm not sure if it makes a difference considering the actual makeup of the pads, but I've got the standard m4 monoblocs.

gs500 vs cb500

shit quality vs based honda

Have they made a cbr1000 with more than 120hp yet? Let me know when they've got one that can go faster than an r6.

and vs. obligatory ninja 500

If I could go back in time knowing what I do now, but reverting to a beginner's skill set, I wouldn't touch any of them. Fuck ultra low end ptwin budget bikes and get yourself something that's at least a little nice.

>Bandit
>Hornet
>FZ6
>SV650

Morning all.

It's pissing out, thunderbolts and lightning.

Local Harley dealer is sending out their trailer to bring the bike into the city to get it on the dyno and richen up the AFR for me. The combination of those Vance & Hines straight shots and "stage 1" air intake are leaning the bike out considerably to the point where at about 1500-2000 rpm the bike surges and bucks and when downshifting sounds like popping corn.

alright but been replaced with the YS125 for a reason

My first bike was a bandit 400.

Many years later, I bought a ninja 250 for my wife to learn to ride. What a fucking piece of garbage that thing was. Let it sit for 2 days? Won't start. Negative power. Speed is increasing, i have to shift gears but NO sensation of acceleration at all.
It is the only bike out of 50 some odd that I have owned that I can honestly not find one single good thing to say about it. And this was a brand fucking new 2008 Ninja 250. Fucking TRASH.

You've obviously never owned an rgv250.

>And you thought you could just get through this straight, didn't you? Where's your piston now? Fuck you, cunt.

They're supposedly fun if you git gud and carry momentum around very, very tight corners, like at a decent track or a very unsafe mountain pass if you can find one with the unlikely combination of smooth pavement and hairpin turns.

Just not fun anywhere else.

yes literally the first one, a 2004 cbr1000 eats any R6 for breakfast

Barely. meanwhile the kawasucki shits out near on 40hp extra (if you can stand the reliability issues).

In my local comp this year no-one is riding a cbr. Aprilia has higher representation.

CBRs are streetbikes that are sometimes used for recreational racing. I don't know why anyone ever thought otherwise.

It's honda. They don't put their race winning shit into production anymore, probably because kawasaki would copy it and blow them the fuck out.

I've had an RGV, and an Aprilia Rs250.

Also an NSR and a TZR 250, and an Aprilia Rs125. I know small bikes. The ninja 250 is ass.

RGV

kawasaki makes a lot of cheap garbage in order to fund shit like the H2R. everyone does to an extent (honda and their third world scooters), but they're not a large company so that's all they do. make a bunch of cheap crap and a small amount of good stuff.

in general, if a kawasaki isn't top of the line and meant to compete with top of the line bikes it's going to be garbage in every respect. suspension, brakes, engine, comfort, fit and finish, build quality. all shit, and probably dating back to 1987 when they last made a significant change to the design.

NSR

You aren't wrong, although I *did* enjoy the Versys I had for a great budget tourer. And comically loud with a pipe.

I like the 90s aesthetics
Why aren't bikes like this being produced anymore?

Customers don't want aero. They want edge. Especially small bike customers. Holy shit, engine size goes down, edge goes up.

You can still find the same look on actual race bikes.

Probably because 200whp is dumb on the streets of pothole ridden 3rd world tier infrastructure seen in America today

Up until 2007 Kawi made the nimja 250 with 90's aesthetics. I only know this because I saw a 2006 one on craigslist and thought there's no way it's an 06 with that look, but I was wrong.

>TZR250

I've been looking for a motor from one of those for years, have a deltabox frame ready to go. They're unicorns here.

Dream was to banshee it and get myself a road-going 500 with spanees and everything.

Enjoy the ride.
What bike do you have?
If you're nervous on the highway, stay off it. Smaller roads are pretty good fun on a bike.

Very cool.

that's only because they were too poor to update the design

Haven't people kicked those banshee twins (which are RZ350 engines, really) out to near 700cc?

Would be a fun project, and you'd only need a rear tire since the front would never touch down!

Pretty much true.
There are very few roads left I would actually use that horsepower on.
My bike only has 100hp and I rarely want to use it all, in case there was some dip or hole I hadn't seen. And in town I swerve all over my lane not to hit hole. I got lucky one time, there was a hole I didn't see, big enough for my whole tire, just happened to be to the right of it. Now in my memory for that street tho.

Well, there seems to be a niche for it.

Honda also sells their bikes in first world countries FYI. They don't even bother selling their good slow bikes in the US.

>nervously covers the 17 BHP label on his bike as /dbt/ walks by

Going to the stealership to look at some liter bikes and trade my current one in. Its a daily rider which ones should I check out?

Some guys I met that were racing in PCRA would throw banshee heads on TZR250s and they reckoned 500 was the borderline between power and fear. Going over is something you could do, but you'd need a quick clutch hand and massive testicles.

I believe it. I had a 1994 TZ250 for a couple years and it was WAY more bike than I was prepared for.
Actually held up my riding development a bit.. pictured is me bein slow @ pocono

The TZR pictured above was rebuilt with TZ heads and single ring pistons since one of the cylinders was bad when I got it.

>tfw /dbt/ provides a momentary look into the lives of people rich enough to race competitively and rebuild engines just because

Prepare your anus for this (pads I was running for last season): sportbiketrackgear.com/brembo-yamaha-yzf-r1-15-17-z04-race-front-brake-pads/

Will last two races, then you change. Downed at least $15k on that bike in parts.

Motorcycling will destroy you financially if you let it.

>he doesn't know dbt spans from accomplished racers to penniless hoons, from certified mechanics to vespa thinkerers

That's most forms of racing tho

>aprilia has a higher representation
ouch dude, that's low

wew fucking lad and here I was thinking I'm a good goy for buying an OEM wiring harness

Shit man did you at least get a sponsor at some point?

Rear tire (lasted one day): ebay.com.au/itm/PIRELLI-DIABLO-SUPERBIKE-SC1-REAR-TRACK-MOTORCYCLE-TYRE-200-60R-17-NHS-61-233-32/331859430752?_trksid=p2047675.c100623.m-1&_trkparms=aid=2220072&algo=SIC.MBE&ao=2&asc=20161027085944&meid=b8d6d22dfc634e63a1bbd0241bd8495d&pid=100623&rk=1&rkt=6&sd=201914606861

>tfw when you're trying to work through that span

I was penniless nobike, then I got bike, now I'm semi decent rider. Hopefully I'll work my way up to actually racing.

>Hopefully I'll work my way up to actually racing.

Just get into it on a shit bike and work up. Place filling isn't too bad (cheaper than a track day and you learn more).

so, i wanted to change valve stems on my wheels, but when i went to air them doen i got sprayed with green goop
what gives?

Start with local law enforcement. If you can't out run those guys there is no way you'll ever be accomplished on the track.

Outrunning a radio is pretty difficult mate. That's why I'm racing these days and banned from the road.

>Out riding one night
>Decide to go 130 because this bike can
>Get back home
>Turns out temp plates on Colorado don't hold up to 130mph wind
>No plate anymore until I put the new one on
I've been riding like a dick since then

Requires more money than I'm willing to put in right now.

Depends on where you live. Used to live in a place with long straight roads, so you just go fast. Now I'm in a place where I see a cop maybe once a week. Also, if I get caught I have to answer to UCMJ as well.

Did you get a custom plate or something.
Cause I finally got around to registering my bike and they had a stack of plates there.
I kinda wanted a custom one, but didn't feel like waiting.

cbt passed with ease, ended up finishing an hour early.
125 master race + 1

If they don't know where you went then the radio won't do them much good. If you're on backroads you can pretty much break eye contact then they have no chance of finding you in the maze of roads.

I had a couple of sponsors, but the bulk of it was self-funded.

I knew two guys racing ASBK that were entirely self-supported, and that's big money racing. Tough to get to the point where you can run a bike not out of your own pocket. Impossible in this country to actually make a living racing. A lot of scary fast guys doing your oil changes for you. I think even Mike Jones has a day job.

i'm pretty sure there's a series somewhere for cheap shit, like 24 hours of lemoncycles or spec ninja 250.

I haven`t had a plate in more than a year. >/thirdworld/ a best for being naughty

fuck, i would LOVE to run one of those

We run a ninja 300 cup here for that reason.

Still, gear and everything else.
It's more that I want to spend right now.
I'm working on other stuff right now, that's eating my money, plus bills and such.

Get in while your reflexes are still good. I'll eat you in your first year, but after that you'll murder me just from being young and brave.

>24 hours of lemoncycles
>cafe racers with insane engine swaps of questionable integrity in their 1970s spaghetti tube frames
>supercharged bikes throwing rods all over the track
>guy on a stock road rashed ninja he got for $100 off a friend wins every time

I'm 25. My body is already starting to go.
My knees are about shot, my back is normally in some sort of pain.
Maybe brave. I've done a lot of stupid shit tho, so I'm actually wary of some things.

No I just have the one from my Shadow.

Ninja
>paging dude with the ninja 1000

>I'm actually wary of some things.

Fucked then. 22 and immortal is the go.

Definitely fucked.
At least on a bike, you put me in a car and I still my die.
Flipped this fucker few years back, best crash ever.

No worries, I'm 40. You'll be fine. And you'll feel like shit when dudes pushing 70 ride around the outside of you, but it will happen.

I used to love watching this old dude on an aircooled BMW twin put young kids on sportbikes to shame at trackdays. I *was* that kid one day.

Man. I want to be that old dude.
But I don't have it in me.
Also, I'm riding a little dirty, since I don't technically have a license. Did the msf course, insured, all that. Just a bitch and a half to get the paperwork together for the license. Part of why I don't fuck around too much.

I used to race in a local sv650 only series. Only modifications allowed were brakes, fluids and tires. Was a lot of fun and pretty cheap. About 20-30 people would split the total cost and the winner got a big trophy.
Ended being about $50 for the day, not including parts, tires etc.
Although the brake pads and oil need to be changed after the day.

>there are 40 year old motorcycle racers on Veeky Forums

I want one guys.
Pls send money.

youtube.com/watch?v=8b31J9-VKug

Late 20s.

Underrated truth

Decided on getting a used ninja 300 or some shit. Keeping old bike and now gonna have a shitty track bike

Spend money on the track bike and make the road bike the shitty one. You don't need dick for the road anyway, just plush suspension and enough hp to get out of trouble.

there's an unoffcial cup for 2007 and older ninja 250s in washington

There's also one for R3's at VIR

>actual track passes by trees
>no gravel traps

I wouldn't take anything bigger there anyways

>r3
>race
why don't you guys buy a 450cc gp bike if you want a low weight track bike?
they do KTM, Yamaha, Honda, Suzuki, Kawasaki, Aprillia etc...

Have you ever ridden there? It's a very fun track, and there is plenty of runoff in the fast corners