Buy dashcam

>buy dashcam
>install it
>just out of curiosity, google if dashcams are illegal in my state
>they are
>no objects are allowed to be mounted on the windshield at all
>if a cop wanted to be a prick he could pull me over and give me a ticket

Does anyone live in a red state and drive with their dash cam and never been bothered? What makes it even worst for me is that I might have to let the wire hang from the rearview.

Other urls found in this thread:

crutchfield.com/p_974GS2688G/PAPAGO-GoSafe-268.html?tp=65802
amazon.com/Garmin-Portable-Friction-Mount-Frustration/dp/B002OL2MU4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>dashcams are illegal

they won't be soon comrade

What does the yellow mean?

I think there are dashcams that mount to the rear view mirror

mount it on your dash or wear a head cam

problem solved

>mount to dash

problem solved

i got one of these and put my phone in between my sun visor.
lol jeb was a nice guy

>jeb was a nice guy
thats why he finished (almost) last

muh exceptions

My dash is mounted by adhesive tape so the sun would fuck up my dash.

I think I'm just gonna tie the wire tightly so it hangs down straight from the rearview mirror and hope I don't get a ticket.

You know, another thing I never noticed but just thought about now, is that I've seen plenty of people with radar detectors mounted to the middle of their windshield and that is technically illegal too so I don't know if cops would give me leeway. I obviously wouldn't be breaking the law with a fucking dashcam so if I got pulled over it'd be for some bullshit like this.

that's even worse, just mount it properly to the windshield behind the mirror, no one is going to give a shit about it

I have seen cops give a shit about things dangling from the mirror

I can't tuck the wire into the top of the windshield in my car. Also, it's still "technically" illegal even if the cable is hidden and the dash cam is tucked behind the rearview mirror hidden.

>>no objects are allowed to be mounted on the windshield at all
Not even the rearview mirror?

Get one that attaches to the dashboard or mirror.

>My dash is mounted by adhesive tape so
Fix your fucking car, then, dipshit.

oh so the wire is going to be dangling down either way? then you sound pretty screwed

they make sticky wire holder things you could run along the top of your windshield

>Driving in Texas for about 6 years now
>almost always have gps mounted on windshield even though its apparently illegal
>never fined for it even though I've been pulled over for other things and my windows have very light tint so you can see it clearly when I pass by

This is like the law requiring to have a front license plate here, its never actually enforced.

>This is like the law requiring to have a front license plate here, its never actually enforced.
Not in my county. I've gotten a warning for it before, but maybe it's because I drive a blacked out hot hatch shitbox

I guess that would matter a lot too. I live in a county known for having hardass LEOs and again I've never had trouble with not having a front plate but your mileage may vary.

It's a fucking stupid law anyway, enforced or not.

if you get a small enough camera the cops won't even notice it

I mount mine on the windshield in front of the rearview mirror and it doesn't block anything from the driver's side.

It's a law that is only enforced if you mount something huge on your windshield

>Get one that attaches to the dashboard or mirror.
Since a few have already recommended this, I just looked over the first few sections of dash cams on Amazon and none mount to the rearview mirror itself or dash. Also if you mount a dash cam to the dash, the FOV will be tiny. That's why it's supposed to be stuck to the top of the windshield behind the rearview mirror which is illegal.

And if you stick adhesive tape on your dashboard your dashboard will get fucked up and ruined after a few hours in the sun. So the only way to mount a dash cam properly is behind the rearview mirror.
>they make sticky wire holder things you could run along the top of your windshield
Some of those came with my dash cam but I figured if the cop wanted to be a dick, he could still give me a ticket for the dash cam even if the wires are hidden and not fucking up my view. Because a foreign object is still attached to the windshield regardless.

GPS and radar detectors on windshields are pretty common too. Especially iPhone windshield mounts yet I've never heard of anyone getting ticketed for those but I know a cop would love to write a ticket for a dash cam just because he might think we're trying too hard

its technically illegal here too

even black ice from rear view is illegal

have black ice forest anyways, even get pulled over and not even get ticket for it

Air fresheners that hang from the mirror in any of the red states in OP are actually illegal too.

A fucking black ice forest would obstruct my view more than my dash cam wire. But I'm still worried the cop would be a prick and assume I'm trying too hard and give me a ticket for having a dash cam like a faggot

I live in Kansas and know someone who has a dash cam. Never had any problems.

I live in TX and I know a guy with a dashcam, but he mounted it so the wire runs along the edge of his dash and into a socket plug on the side of his dash

I have a gay little "Fresh Linen" air freshener hanging from my rearview and neither of us have gotten pulled over for our respective things yet

That's why I got this.

crutchfield.com/p_974GS2688G/PAPAGO-GoSafe-268.html?tp=65802

Unless you are an asshole to the cop and he wants to fuck you as hard as he can't it's gonna be a non issue.

>land of """"freedom""""

Calm.down autist. No one is gonna give you a ticket

I think your main problem is the cop 'feeling threatened' by being on camera, and shooting you dead.

>mfw Illinois is good for once
Also I'm kind of surprised it's like this, I'm somewhat surprised insurance companies aren't offering 'discounts' for drivers to have dashcams, because they're great for proving fault in accidents.

>dashcams became legal in Sweden, illegal in most of Burgerland

Where's your freedoms now

i'd rather have a dashcam be illegal than be the rape capitol of the world

>Sweden

How long until mandatory interracial relationships in your country, again?

You could probably argue a violation of first amendment rights, but you'd be shelling out a for a good lawyer.

The supreme court in the last 2 years or so ruled that flashing lights to an on coming car to warn of a police stop ahead of them is protected free speech.

Apparently they're illegal in SC, but i've never been questioned about the GPS unit in my car, that has a built in camera, and I've been pulled over at least 5 times

I got pulled over an got a $150 ticket, yes one hundred and fifty american dollars, for not having a front plate. Just as a reference the penalty for running a red light in my state is 75 dollars.

why the fuck is a dashcam illegal?
it helps prove insurance?

>map with no legend

Not dash cams specifically but there are laws against putting stuff on your windshield which extends to GPS, suction cups etc.

What you can do to circumvent this is to buy a non-slip dash mount and put your stuff on there. Or get a more stealthy dash cam that goes behind the mirror like the A118/A119.

>following retarded laws
lmao. this board has so many squares on it.

Just put it up behind the rearview and route the wire through the headliner and a pillar into the dash.
you should be installing this way anyway.

its not illegal till you get caught u fuckin homo

Get one of these for your dash cam amazon.com/Garmin-Portable-Friction-Mount-Frustration/dp/B002OL2MU4

>no objects are allowed to be mounted on the windshield at all
That's stupid. Rear view mirrors are objects that are mounted to the windshield.

Hold on now fella. A state trooper pulled me over from the front while I was heading south on 45.

this

me too