Depreciation Thread - Post Cars 15k or under that you dont believe are that price today

Depreciation Thread - Post Cars 15k or under that you dont believe are that price today.

Heavy weight champion of the world in depreciation

>"Post Cars 15k or under"
>op posts car that is over 15k

>owning a foreign luxury car without a warranty

wew lad

>letting someone else work on your car
do you also let other people fuck your girlfriend?

>implying these auto makers don't make it so customers are dependent on dealerships for repairs

>C250
>worth any money at all
Only the 300 and 350 are worth buying.

>not knowing how to work on your own car and blaming it on auto makers for making it 'too complicated' for you

LOL, you don't need a dealership for anything. The cars aren't magic. You just need the tools.

VW CC 2014 - I manage to get one this year for only $13K with 39K miles on it.

This actually makes sense. The electronics go to shit after 10 years
Plus, when they came out, BMW suggested the oil change interval was 15K miles which allowed
dirty oil to fuck up the engine causing thousands of dollars of damage to be done to the car.

Do you even have a car?

yes, a 'foreign luxury car' and i work on it myself. what about you?

Former used car dealer mech here, and you are correct.

>can only get the tools from the stealership what now?

you can buy a set of triple squares from anywhere and any vehicle-specific tools are available to the public as well. this is actually a legal requirement under the right to repair act in america.

Only poor people work on their own cars desu

well, thats just not correct. rich people have hobbies too.

Enjoy fixing the air ride system on a range rover or the motherboard on a BMW faggot.

nigga what

>Enjoy fixing the air ride system on a range rover or the motherboard on a BMW faggot.
??? my old 86 monte carlo had a 'motherboard'. if it breaks you swap it out with a new one. you cant do that on a bmw? do ze germans use some fancy screws you dont have a screwdriver for? if you want to actually 'fix' a broken one then i guess you can always learn how to solder. i soldiered a chip onto my old monte's ecu. if that fried id probably be in a similar place whether i had that or a bmw though.

theres certainly a limit to what's feasible for a diy home mechanic but that honestly hasnt really changed much over the last 40 years. replacing broken shit (aka 99% of working on cars) is easy whether youre doing it on a '71 camaro or a '17 m3.

>paying full sticker.
changingalightbulb.jpg

Repairs and maintenance would be hellishly expensive and a pain in the ass, but old Maseratis can be had for under $15k. Would be terrible for a DD, but would be great for friday/saturday night revving at pussy.

2L turbo?
thats an incredible deal

Most modules on modern German cars have to be programmed to the car by a factory scan tool. Once they are tied to the car they also can't be programmed to another car. Might want to try actually working on modern cars before making blanket statements about them.

i have and i do. i own a factory scan tool for my car (ross-tech vcds vag-com) and have used it to do quite a bit on my car. it has actually allowed me to do things with much greater ease and at a much lower cost than it would have been to do similar things on my older cars.

might want to try to not be such an jackass for once in your life before making blanket assumptions about people youve never met.