Hey Veeky Forums, I need advice on a vehicle purchase

Hey Veeky Forums, I need advice on a vehicle purchase

I'm going to be a college sophomore and my parents said they're going to buy me a car. It won't be my first, as I have a jetta right now. I'll be using it to travel occasionally between home and my college (~4 hours) and from my apartment to school (~5 minutes).

I was thinking about getting a Miata, but my mom and dad said it was "gay." What do?

you dont want a fucking miata as a college car daily
trust me
that sounds like a fucking mess, how would you even take your shit between your house and your college

shit, you're absolutely right man

>but my mom and dad said it was "gay."
Can't argue with that.

I only have motorcycles and do fine.

Miata has a lot more room than a motorcycle does.

this, why do you need more than a trunk and a passenger seat for college?
you can always borrow a pickup from family or whatever. you will regret not driving a cheap sports car once you have more responsibility

Get a bigger car

WRX Wagon

Lots of room for hauling shit, enough seats to carry your GF and her 2 side guys around, reliable, quick, holds value disgustingly well.

Truly the patrician's choice of automobile for all phases of life.

>but my mom and dad said it was "gay."

Your parents are wise.

Because i'm taking shit with me? and miata trunks are fucking tiny at that

Get an EG/EF civic hatch.

Get a Crown Vic. Easiest buy of your life, your dad remembers it as being just like the cars he grew up with and it's a fun DD for all the wrong reasons. It makes a great college car because it's roomy as hell (3 in the front, 3 in the back), trunk can fit all kinds of shit, parts are super cheap, the V8 is responsive and isn't fast enough to get you in trouble.

buick roadmaster wagon

and then you get fucked by MPG

I'd rather take the hit in MPG (which isn't that bad) rather than take a hit in maintenance costs that could skyrocket if you buy the wrong one

Literally everything on a Crown Vic can be bought and replaced for extremely cheap. The same underpinning chassis can be dropped into a full size Ford from the 1980s and it would hook up if you drilled holes for the old body.

i really disagree dude

there is only a single crown vic for sale

just because parts are cheap doesnt make it good
how about a car thats reliable so it doesnt need replacing
also parts and labor are still cheap

Mercedes 240D/300D

They last forever, plenty of space, good on diesel, and you can probably sell for more than you bought it for in a few years.

>also classy as hell

Are you fucking retarded? Genuine question. Crown vics are known to be reliable and get up to high miles. Go for a corolla, camry, accord, civic. They can be had for cheap and still be in good condition.

This is the worst suggestion in this thread

just get a veneno. The space can be tight sometimes but its really affordable

Ops parents are typical white people

homophobic, irresponsible with their money, and spoil their child for no real reason

so your parents want to buy you a second car even though you already have a working one and also have to pay student loans (unless they are paying for that too) and u also have an apartment?

why not use that money to do somthing useful as opposed to making you into an even bigger spoiled brat

this, fucking white """"people""""

3k civic.

t. poor person with a single parent

lmao