So if I asked you about laptimes you'd probably give me the skinny on every track ever paved... Nurburgring...

So if I asked you about laptimes you'd probably give me the skinny on every track ever paved... Nurburgring? You know a lot about it. Altitudes, angles, corner names, records, the whole works, right?
But I bet you can't tell me what it smells like at the finish line. You've never actually stood there and looked up at the footbridge.

If I asked you about cars you'd probably give me a syllabus of your personal favorites. You may have even driven a few. But you can't tell me what it feels like to sit in the driver's seat and be truly happy. You're a tough kid. I ask you about project cars, and you'd probably, uh, throw Shakespeare at me, right?
"Miata is always the answer!" But you've never actually built one. And if I asked you about mods you'd probably send me a build thread. But you've never actually fixed anything. Known exactly what to do when you hear a new noise. Feeling like they put that car into production just for you...the last car you'll ever own. And you wouldn't know what it's like to be its driver and to have that love for it be there forever. Through anything. Through headgaskets. You wouldn't know about nodding off in your garage at 3AM with a wrench in your hand because you have to get it back on the road for work on Monday.
You don't know about real loss, because that only occurs when you love something more than you love yourself. I doubt you've ever dared to love anything that much. I look at you; I don't see an intelligent, informed car enthusiast; I see a busriding laptime-posting cuck.

t.GM fangirl

>I ask you about project cars, and you'd probably, uh, throw Shakespeare at me, right?
immersion RUINED

>butthurt he got meme'd on

just how insecure are you that you actually get offended by laptimes?

that is prezo-tier insecurity

Where did fastestlaps touch you?

this except I'm not even in first place

Lol get over yourself

>Nurburgring? You know a lot about it. Altitudes, angles, corner names, records, the whole works, right?
>But I bet you can't tell me what it smells like at the finish line. You've never actually stood there and looked up at the footbridge.
But I have. I've driven it. So go fuck yourself.

If you don't get offended when people break the rules, 9gag is probably more your speed. You should be violently protective of the posting quality of your board. This is why Veeky Forums will never be my home board. It's too far gone, and so are the people here.

Veeky Forums - and Veeky Forums in general - is true while 9gag and reddit are stuck up and "violently protective" about how they appear to one another.

On here, people don't care if you like them, if you give them a thumb up or if you sponsor them gold membership or express to suck their dick. If you feel like moving around in a "fake" and artificial circle-jerk kind of mentality, feel free to go to those shitty boards while we remain here to tell you how you can go fuck yourself for being an idiot.

I'm talking about deliberately making a concerted community effort to thrash shitposting into the ground. Trolling and shitposting belong on /b/, and nowhere else. Blogposting and meetup threads are against the rules. Deliberately disrupting discussion for fun is a bannable offense for a reason. What I mean by being "violently protective of posting quality" is to always berate people who break the rules, report any offtopic or otherwise rulebreaking threads and posts, and promote proper, on-topic discussion.

Veeky Forums does the exact opposite of all these things. It's /s4s/ with cars.

Veeky Forums will never be as good as it was pre-2013

Maybe this thread shouldn't have been aimed at only you.

You have that right to uphold discussion by any means on this here Norweigian Bismuth-shaping forum, but we have the right to call you a fuckin' nerd for doing it.

If you well and truly wanted honest and continuous discussion about vehicles, their workings, their achievements, by all means take that to a forum where it's the clear and utmost goal.

Don't fuckin' take that shit to a place originally founded on "HUEHUE OH BOY MY ANIMEZ" and tell me I can't shitpost >3k civic

That's why it's fun to come to Veeky Forums. What you want is upstuck nerds with sticks up their arse banning everyone that has a good joke.

And why ban meetup threads. Meeting other car enthusiasts is what car culture should be about. Not sitting at home, thinking about having a car in a garage.

You're someone people don't like because you want to ban fun. Please go away. Go to 9gag or reddit with all the other people that hate fun.

>when newfags say that Veeky Forums is shit now and was better back in the year 20XX

t. newfag
Veeky Forums was never good

Shut up moron it's far beyond what you even speak of, we have good constructive threads being overlooked and killed off because turbo autists want to spam threads,and keep them on front page at all costs for shitposting purposes. They do this because it's well known how little moderation we have. Benchracing is fine, shitposting/or derailing threads is not cool
>Veeky Forums was never good
>Let me go ahead and progressively make it worse because it was never up to my standards
That's how idiots like you think

sperg more

My point was: OP is a faggot (as always) and also a bigot. Complaining that only people that HAVE smelled the air at the finnish line (to stay at the Nürburgring example) should be allowed to post here, yet him being someone that doesn't even fulfill his own requirements - probably.

Ask anyone at the Nürburgring or any car meet in SoCal: They'll prefer a joker that has no clue but is fun to hang around with to someone upstuck and uptight about rules, regulations and is always complaining and reminding everyone that fun is bad and their laughter is ringing too loud in his ears.

Stop ban evading

I'm not Alphonse

>>Let me go ahead and progressively make it worse because it was never up to my standards
>That's how idiots like you think

user. there are many....many...M A N Y forums on the internet dedicated to any automotive topic you can image and they, for the most part, work to achieve a certain level of quality among their discussions. How much of a massive, autistic faggot do you have to be to think you are going to come to this shithole board and think that it needs to be better. Veeky Forums has always been shit and it always will be shit.

git out.

please just leave, as YOU are currently the one fucking everything up for everyone else

>Veeky Forums is serious business

you speak truth
OP stays a faggot

I think you're missing the point of his post. If you don't protect the QUALITY of the board, it degrades to the garbage dump it has become.

you are the cancer, m8.

An image board is the best format for a forum. Normal car forums are awful. Read global rules 3 and 6, /b/ is the garbage dump board. Not here.

>Veeky Forums has always been shit and it always will be shit
Because of idiots like you, that think shitposting and derailing productive threads is "board culture" I find it hard to believe you've been here longer than 3 years with the stupid shit you say
>YOU are currently the one fucking everything up for everyone else
You mean shitposters like yourself
>you are the cancer, m8
You're and idiot if you believe that, posters with no cars are cancer you jackass

go to /b/ and talk about cars for a month. then come back here.

I'd probably have better discussion there at this point.

So what makes this board any different than the other special interest boards where the population at least makes an attempt to curb shitposting? Just because Veeky Forums was founded by weeaboos doesn't mean the weeaboos can't demand for the rules to be followed so the board is actually worth using.

Why are you switching the roles of those sites around? Reddit is where you should go if you want to talk about yourself, have a name, make friends and le ebin maymays and post offtopic """fun""" things that actually have nothing to do with automobiles instead of, oh, I don't know, actually fucking posting about cars that you know a thing or two about and putting up quality information and discussion. Look at /diy/. 90% on-topic post rate. People treat shitposting children as they should be treated. Board quality is excellent and serves as a decent portal for DIY-related activities. Board users are trusted to know about the things they are posting about and proof for all claims and directions is given. Then you look at Veeky Forums, where there is nothing of value to someone that wants to talk about cars, meaning the board should be removed as it is not serving it's purpose properly. Meetups go in /soc/ anyway, which is considered a cancerous containment board for a reason. You are not supposed to have meetups with people from Veeky Forums. Period. Lurk moar if you have a problem with this, which you shouldn't, unless you are a cancerous normalfag that honestly thinks Veeky Forums should be treated as an extention of facebook.

Go to /b/ to shitpost and don't come back

What fucking mental illness do you have that sewageposting is fun?

>board culture hurts my feelings

>>>/rules/

>Because of idiots like you, that think shitposting and derailing productive threads is "board culture" I find it hard to believe you've been here longer than 3 years with the stupid shit you say

The shit posting has always been here m8. Maybe you just didnt notice it as much back then. But I do have some news for you. Constantly crying like a little bitch about Veeky Forums is worse than any shitthread, m8. It still stands. You crybabies are cancer.

Board culture is cancer that should be eradicated.

No, benchracing shitposting is not board culture in the slightest. Don't you dare call it that.

Shitposting has been here but why let it continue to get worse over the years are you retarded? I find it sad you call me cancer but not the mongoloids spamming threads or being attention whores

>Normal car forums are awful.

>pre-alphonse
>ask for chebby 350 build recommendations
>have gud thread
>post-alphonse
>make same thread
>ASSMAD GM FANGIRLS PUSHRODS BTFO HP/L LOL AMERITARDS

Wow holy necro
Please use the search function
Check marks thread full of deleted images and dead links for how to do this
Signatures 10x longer than posts
Boomers attempting to get in on the new meme hotness
Etc

Trips confirm.

The problem is phoneposters knowing they can shitpost and get away with it without ban

so, you are such a weak, pathetic, bitchass beta faggot you let one shit poster on Veeky Forums ruin threads for you? Ignore them. Dont respond. Its really easy. I do it everyday.

> Reddit is where you should go if you want to talk about things that actually have nothing to do with automobiles

You must be trolling. You find a subreddit for every fucking topic including brand specific turbocharger subreddits, etc.

I think you're the one trying to troll Veeky Forums with your shitposts. I feel like you're actually so low at shitposting and trolling, you're insulting our intelligence there.

it doesnt get worse. it just changes. use your filters faggot.

>Meetups go in /soc/ anyway
CAR meetups go in Veeky Forums

It's an example and a name people are familiar with. All the cancer drowns out good posts and ruins threads, and people get tired of it and leave. And it shouldn't be allowed in the first place.

The problem is that the thread completely derails and no information is given when that happens.

I mean he's wrong about reddit, but his point stands. Just screaming NO U back at him doesn't really help.

Go back to /reddit/ pls.

>pre-alphonse
>ask for any engine build recommendations
>HURR DURR MUH LS SWAP MUH VEEAYTE
>post-alphonse
>ask for any engine build recommendation
>can have a proper discussion

alphonse is justice, GM cuckholds deserve it

The problem with your argument is that the only way you'd know this is if you use reddit, which means you need to leave Veeky Forums and never come back, preferably capping off the day by washing your mouth out with a shotgun you fucking piece of normalfag human garbage.

No. Violation of the global rules.

no, I decided to stay here and leave the faggots at reddit behind, as they all behave like OP there.

>literally "NO U"

>>>/autoib/

Nice selfie

You're an autist, aren't you?
How do you not understand that automotive meetups belong in the automotive board?

Why should the automotive crowd post their meetup thread in the gay furry community board?

>letting one trip destroy your Veeky Forums viewing experience

Top fuck kek.

Because the rules say so. This is an incredibly simple concept and I don't understand how you can't get a grip around it.

>one trip
I wish it was only one user

Im really tempted to trip up after seeing this thread.

>rules
motherfucker, you're on Veeky Forums, not reddit

You even want the Nürburgring thread closed and moved to /sp/, you're such a faggot.

Why because your a thirsty attention whore?

There is literally nothing wrong with using either site as long as you leave the culture and mannerisms of each at the door. Reddit is a link aggregate, news and videos primarily. You can tailor it to what you want to see. Occasionally discussion happens but the up/down vote system is retarded and comment threading is a mess. Veeky Forums is an image board, where you can be brutally honest and unfiltered.
I disagree with OP on this but full Nazi mods for a while wouldn't hurt this board, and most of the meet up communities live in their respective discords. An Veeky Forums general on /soc/ could survive, like how /dbt/ keeps a thread alive on /wsg/ for helmet cam stuff.
Sadly, this

nah, because you get butt blasted so easily

To be fair motorsport stuff does survive better there. Veeky Forums will pay more attention to image dumps and talking about cars we own/are considering.

Why do you need a trip to shitpost or make me angry? Oh yeah because you are an attention whore like the rest, sad!

Don't feed him.

>Anonymous 05/26/17(Fri)02:24:39 No.17267199 So if I asked you about laptimes you'd probably give me the skinny on every track ever paved... Nurburgring? You know a lot about it. Altitudes, angles, corner names, records, the whole works, right?
>But I bet you can't tell me what it smells like at the finish line. You've never actually stood there and looked up at the footbridge.
>
>If I asked you about cars you'd probably give me a syllabus of your personal favorites. You may have even driven a few. But you can't tell me what it feels like to sit in the driver's seat and be truly happy. You're a tough kid. I ask you about project cars, and you'd probably, uh, throw Shakespeare at me, right?
>"Miata is always the answer!" But you've never actually built one. And if I asked you about mods you'd probably send me a build thread. But you've never actually fixed anything. Known exactly what to do when you hear a new noise. Feeling like they put that car into production just for you...the last car you'll ever own. And you wouldn't know what it's like to be its driver and to have that love for it be there forever. Through anything. Through headgaskets. You wouldn't know about nodding off in your garage at 3AM with a wrench in your hand because you have to get it back on the road for work on Monday.
>You don't know about real loss, because that only occurs when you love something more than you love yourself. I doubt you've ever dared to love anything that much. I look at you; I don't see an intelligent, informed car enthusiast; I see a busriding laptime-posting cuck.

Cool Story bro

Do you see how weak you are? Baited so fucking easily. You are your own worst enemy.

It's a parody of a movie quote ya dip

>he replied to my response
>Herp derp I bated him guise
>epics trollz
That's how sad you are, how old are you and do you even own a car?

>That's how sad you are, how old are you and do you even own a car?

Now who is shit posting?

>Anonymous 05/26/17(Fri)16:44:36 No.17269980(You)
>It's a parody of a movie quote ya dip
u fink i dint not no tat

>he replied to my response
you see, that is the point. you responded.

this user knows

you haven't been in last years N24H threads, have you?

So you spend your whole day "pretending" to be retarded

I pop in, but I don't pay a ton of attention. I know /sp/ has some motorsport threads, that's all.

and you spend your whole day "pretending" to be a sperg getting mad at memes in Veeky Forums?

let's keep motorsports automotive!

Nobody is mad, I replied to your stupid post and you're jumping for joy like you got some sort of moral victory. If I EVER think of killing myself I'll remember just how pathetic you are

>im not mad
textbook mad

>If I EVER think of killing myself
please do so you can leave this board alone

This sums up that discussion pretty well

Would you ban motorbike threads?
I mean, they're not "auto" or automotive related.

They don't bother anyone, they stay contained in general

Did you see the new shitpost m8? Camaro V6 BTFO a Mustang GT.

How will Ford fags recover?

>please do so you can leave this board alone
Says the attention whore shitposter, lmao so hard

>also gets assmad at bikes

holy shit, I bet you drive some econo cuckkbox

I'd rather he bikefags stay contained in their own threads than having them shitpost about cuck cages in every car thread.

How am I assmad about motorcycles? I don't want them gone, can you read?

who is shitposting now?

>older model

BUT RULES!!!!

>get offended when people break the rules
>always berate people who break the rules
rules
>demand for the rules to be followed so the board is actually worth using

I'm with you on that one.
motorbike threads should be banned, because this is an AUTOMOBILE board, not motorbike board

Why would you allow bending of the rules HERE but not for automotive meetups.

You're a bigot.

How the HECK is it only motorcycles bother you when they stick in their threads???? There's so much other shit wrong here