Trump promises to curb German car imports and impose huge taxes on all imports. What will this mean for cars in America...

Trump promises to curb German car imports and impose huge taxes on all imports. What will this mean for cars in America, Veeky Forums?

politico.eu/article/trump-calls-germans-very-bad-vows-to-curb-car-sales-report/

Other urls found in this thread:

vocaroo.com/i/s0gPUXkB1QM2
twitter.com/AnonBabble

That the US auto industry is heading for dark times.

Does he realize most of those companies make more cars here than the big three and a good chunk of them made here are the ones sold her right?

I can smell another monopoly coming, chicken tax 2.0?

Absolutely nothing

He hasn't stopped Mexican imported vehicles, he hasn't stopped anything, it's more typical neo lib politics, and he's acting tuff because the Germans gave him a rather cold reception at whatever shitty political summit he went to

why are republicans so cucked?

I don't think you know what cuck means, friend.

cuckold (noun)
a man whose wife deceives him by having a sexual relationship with another man

source :3 dictionary.cambridge.org

>he hasn't stopped anything

Shills everywhere, fuck off you drooling mongoloid.

>literally gets slapped away by his own fucking wife
>h-he isn't a cuck!
drumpfkins everyone...

It will mean higher prices for all cars because imports will keep supply down, and American cars won't have as much competition forcing prices down.

Pretty much this. Face it I'm afraid he might put us in self automated cars and ban us from driving. This fucking sucks.

>freedom

god i love watching the USA go down the toilet

you can blame the average u.s citizen for voting this retarded narcissistic orange dorito into office

Who cares? German cars (that aren't Porsche's) have sucked for a decade. Trump isn't going to do shit anyway.

t. homopoor

Trump promises:
>Carrier will not send more jerbs to Mexico
lol
>Ford will not build any new plants in Mexico
They've built two new ones, I think both transmission plants
>There will be a 35% tariff on Mexican imports
lol
>Mexico will pay for this wall
lol

Neocons are fucking mouth breathing retards at best, but that applies to anyone who follows liberal politics at all

it's not trump's fault really. just the retards who actually voted for this moron. lol

Finally global automakers will stop making fat and bloated cars aimed at fat and bloated americans

Good. Honestly, modern German cars are garbage and German 'engineering' is just stupid technology that is doomed to break and cost Americans a shitload to fix. We don't even get the superior EU engines. I'd like to see Trump force ALL German companies to standardize their lineup to include the same engines in the US as in their EU counterparts.

@17267585
Do you know how to read? I linked the definition for you. A cuck is LITERALLY a man who has been cheated on by his wife. I can tell you've never been in a relationship because women are fucking bitches sometimes.

Also, no (you) for illiterate anons

The big three make alot of their cars in Canada and Mexico, and IIRC he wants to start taking parts that imported into the US even though they're going on Cars that are built here.

What's going to happen is that parts are going to be jacked up on everything, and even big three's cars are going to be fucking expensive basically killing the automotive industry.

Add to the fact that he shit on the TPP that would potentially have eliminated the 25 year rule.

You guys do realize that he's only been president for 4 months, right? Surely, you can't expect him to get all of his promises done in a mere four months.

He never said carrier won't do that. He never said Ford won't do that. He specifically talked about certain plants.

Dude hasn't even been in a year yet and you shareblue faggots still can't get the facts straight.

Guarantee you I can find tweets of him saying all those things, but I'm not going to bother.

The fact is that many of these foreign cars are made in america and ironically the american cars are made outside of the US

why would trump want to punish Honda or toyota as "imports" when toyota makes 90% their cars in the US

>Add to the fact that he shit on the TPP that would potentially have eliminated the 25 year rule.

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

A M E R I C U C K E D ! ! ! !

>i can tell you've never been in a relationship
cool projection

>implying trump hasn't been cheated on
LMAO. literally slapped by his own wife.
Literally the definition of damage control. Trump supporters already back peddling.

Despite any of the posts made so far, the 35% tariffs on Mexico would end up being catastrophic initially, and companies would end up just moving to other countries to produce the same products at the same prices.

He can't control corporate interests in todays global economy, America has to adapt, and we haven't. Banning everything from being made anywhere else will just lead to the US not making anything, and everyone falling into poverty

I don't know if you've noticed, but the idea behind politics is to say something that appeals to your base, and then then never actually do it.

Oh no trump, what does this mean?

>THE GERMANS ARE VERY VERY BAD

>Trump's ancestors originated from the German village of Kallstadt, Palatinate on his father's side, and from the Outer Hebrides isles of Scotland on his mother's side. All his grandparents, and his mother, were born in Europe. His mother's grandfather was also christened "Donald".[2]

>Trump's paternal grandfather, Friedrich Trump, first emigrated to the United States in 1885 at the age of 16, and became a citizen in 1892. He amassed a fortune operating boom-town restaurants and boarding houses in the Seattle area and the Klondike region of Canada, during the gold rush.[3] On a visit to Kallstadt, he met Elisabeth Christ and married her in 1902. The couple settled in New York definitively in 1905.[4] Friedrich died from influenza during the 1918 pandemic.

I don't give an ounce of a fuck about politics but just fucking lmao.

I don't see that happening anytime soon, or hell at all. they have a lot of flaws to work out first before they can force us into self automated cars, just give it 35, 40 years or so, or maybe hopefully never.

>this much delusion

lol

Drumpf winning was actually better than Hillary or Sandres, the salt flow will be slow and steady for 8 years

>>THE GERMANS ARE VERY VERY BAD
>>Trump's ancestors originated from the German village of Kallstadt
these are unrelated

you don't need to have blind loyalty to your family tree

I'm slav but slavs are still the scum of the world

>self hating slav

never have seen this befroe

oh wait

How will Ford recover?

>wow why do you hate the group of literal fucking losers from over a hundred years ago
>man you must really hate yourself today
really makes you think why I left Serbia DESU SENPAI

@17267631
>cool projections
Not all people are virgins like you, user

>LMAO. literally slapped by his own wife
Again, more proof that you have never been in a relationship or ever left your house. Women are fucking bitches and do that shit for no fucking reason. You can't just say something and it automatically becomes true.

>Literally the definition of damage control. Trump supporters already back peddling.
Do you have a concept of time? Do you realize how little 4 months is?

@17267642
What salt? If you guys hate Trump, you should hate him for a valid reason. It's only been 4 months. Do you understand how little of time that is? Obama was president for 8 months and didn't do anything.

>self hating serb

WOW NEVER HAVE SEEN THIS ONE BEFORE

>You should just love the country your family is from regardless if its a shit hole

let me give you a quick rundown, lately '@'s have been raising in value compared to '(You)'s, because you don't see a sperg that gives you '@'s everyday

he can easily get 7-8 '(You)'s with those two '@s'

>you should hate people based on their residence or ethnicity

I didn't bring up white genocide and I wasn't the one who said cuck. Are you feeling okay, user?

@17267681
Nice try, user. I know what all (you) anons want

>you shouldn't dislike your country of origin even though the fact its a shithole is the reason you left

>not all people are virgins like you
literally projecting. sperg more
>more proof you've never been in a relationship
Not with a woman. I'm gay. Sperg more though and keep projecting.
>drumpfkin literally this mad trump hasn't delivered and won't
lmao

holy shit. thiccc

thatks for the @, give me more

"17267681
Wtf are you talking about?

>I hate an innanimate object even though it's just a piece of land

>being this new

>"
just wait until I introduce these to the market, gonna be rich

You shitpost more than the faggots over at /pol/ do. And, I guess we'll see if he actually delivers. I believe he will, and you believe he won't.

@17267712
Any time friend

rare

TPP will be back. Its conditions were so fucking favorable to US businesses that supporting it should have been the nationalist position. The IP rules that everyone was whining about are going to make it into TISA, RCEP, and NAFTA 2.0.

>when a thread goes exactly as planned

Seeing how most american cars are bought and used at rental, some stupid number like 30% of all cryslthler cars are rentals. Its going to make parts expensive.

All i see is america proping up a shitty car industry and the car industry knows it will just get bailed out if it fails. American cars are shit.

'Phonzie give me hand and bump the GTR thread I made pls

I'll owe you a favour

WTF my name

I hope you're not pretending to be retarded, I work at Honda and our HR-V inventory is low because we aren't bringing as much as before.
Also I'm glad because Mexico's quality control is literal dog shit.

i literally already am tho. im monitoring it.

You guys are a credit to the board.

one shitpost a day keeps the normies away

Nothing, most foreign cars in the US were made in the US

Not a god damn thing for me

I'm importing JDM cars for free

vocaroo.com/i/s0gPUXkB1QM2
this

I don't doubt it, we just don't know what the state of our politics will be when that happens, maybe late signers come next presidency.

The literal only other option those signing countries have is joining a Chinese led economic union that would be devastating as China's economy implodes.

Please man I just fapped, why do this to me

>Trump
>ever doing anything again

Why doesn't the US just build better vehicles that can actually compete?

it means no more dangerous bmws lacking turn signals being imported into glorious states

Turn signals are an optional extra in German BMWs too. Almost no BMW seems to have them. However disabled parking is a standard feature with every BMW.

Because they can get away with it by taking out government bailouts.

Also Jews.

I thought

>just waitâ„¢

Was a /g/ exclusive

I love trump, but I only buy japanese cars made IN Japan. Not domestically produced japanese cars.

I'd go woth Fords. Trump has had talks with Bill Jr. and knows what is up. Eco meme engines seem pretty nice. I could easily see a garage with a fusion sport or the Lincoln woth same motor, a flex or explorer for wifey, and either a mustang GT with 435hp or a nice F150.

Trump is doing a good job. The people that I hear complain appear to be addled by the media which has been documented in colluding against him with the DNC, big finance, and intelligence community. These are the institutions that the opposing party (dems) had previously claimed to be against. Yet here they are, all working together to try to dick up moving forward because they lost their power to what is essentially an independent candidate that hijacked the republicans. Don't fall for the (((news))). Think for yourselves, and don't forget the recent past. Trump is a being of light.

I should add that I will still gladly pay more for japanese produced japanese cars, in particular if they are aimed at the japanese market instead of the versions designed for fat Americans. Trump's focus could very well bring a renaissance for japanese cars as well as it would make sense to import their JDM offerings.

Ridiculous. Trump looks at the world in a very 1980's mindset (aesthetic!). Techno nerd control freak democrats like obama would push the corporate-control grid self drivers on you.

Liberals are the neocons you dope. They just dangle bathroom politics and nigger lives matter into the mix so you think you are so much smarter to get on board with them.

Trump isn't a republican either. He is a one man party that clawed his way into office using their decaying party as the host. They couldn't get rid of him. If he hijacked the democrat party, he would had won as well.

oh boy

a return to the godawful cars of the 50s-70s where American cars made up most of the market

worst president confirmed

>Klondike

Scrooge?

If they haven't already, the US are now turning into the butt joke of the car world.

So you want the shitty TPP for your JEE TEE ARUU???

Favorable in that US business can fuck employees over in new ways.

I don't think either of you realize how bad the TPP really is.

now all germany needs to do is lift modding regulations
feels good man

'50s American cars were excellent because the economy was so strong that Detroit could afford building really high quality cars. There's absolutely nothing cheap on a '50s American car, apart from the conservative engineering itself. The materials are all made precisely and durable. This continued into the '60s and then only slowly declined until the early '70s.

What we're looking at however is a return of the deep '70s and '80s.

The American Automotive industry will take a massive hit.

German cars are superior to American cars

50s cars were and are pieces of absolute shit. A shitty Chevy Cruze is 5x the car anything Cadillac could have dreamed about in the 50s.

>TPP that would potentially have eliminated the 25 year rule

What? Really I didn't know that.

In terms of what exactly? Fucking gadgets and safety? Get the fuck out of here.

It means it will give incentive for US-made vehicles. Why drive, wear, eat, use, or own something not made in your country? Luckily we have an entire Toyota plant based in the states. Inb4 it's just the badge that's made here and the rest is manufactured in other countries and shipped over - he's referring to imports, not that old argument.

>@17267585
>@
user...your reddit is showing

>Why drive, wear, eat, use, or own something not made in your country?
Because being made in my country isn't a guarantee for quality, and the more my domestic economy is protected the less quality it needs to deliver. American cars don't sell because they're pieces of shit.

nationalism is cancer

im not liking something just because its from the same place I am

>implying American freedom means "liberal freedom" i.e. Do whatever you wantâ„¢

>not understanding American freedom was originally intended for a fairly right-wing populace and that right wing ideals are still what the message means today behind all the retarded subversion and political bullshit (glory be into Jackson)

>not wanting 100% US made cars and trucks so we don't have to rely on other countries benefitting from our lack of domestic product

Hmmmm

because domestic cars aren't interesting, fun, or reliable. Some of us Veeky Forumstists actually enjoy driving.

That's not very patriotic of you, are you some sort of liberal cuck that drives an Opel or Maibatsu or something?

Reliability, performance, comfort, durability, economy, basically everything that makes a car not shit.

I drive a Toyota because it's not shit, also what the hell are you even talking about?

>Reliability
Throwaway shit riddled with electronics vs simplicity. Hmm I wonder which is more reliable with a competent human being operator
>performance
Are you telling me auto engineering has advanced in the last 60 years? Holy fuck, no way!
>comfort
Confirmed never ridden in a 50s Cadillac
>durability
See >reliability
>economy
See >performance
>basically everything that makes a car not shit.
To a faggot like you, sure thing.