Are smart cars any good? Why or why not? I'm looking at it as my first car

Are smart cars any good? Why or why not? I'm looking at it as my first car.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fiat_Mini_platform
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Dear god no just get a 3k civic

This

A corolla is fine too

They aren't BAD, certainly, but you're going to stand out, and get a lot of questions.

Please, just spring for the 3k civic or some towncar. Something practical, unassuming, and with a trunk.

>you're going to stand out, and get a lot of questions.
No problem unless you're insecure.

Don't bother unless you live in one of those tiny Italian villages.

They are great if you looooove the cock.

3k civic?
Yeah a real trunk would be nice, as would the ability to carry more than one passenger. But I like the small size.

only good one is the roadster.
Instead of that op pic shitheap just get toyota iq or twingo.

Are those any good? Why?

>Americans triggered by small cars

I could buy a miata and still look like less of a faggot than OP in his glorified geo metro.

owned smart forfour year 2004
1.5 liter mivec engine pulls around 110hp is very rev happy pulls well too in everyday driving situations. it has sport suspension and low center of gravity so it corners like fwd miata, but ride is uncomfortable because of that, you will feel every small rock on the street. soft touch automatic manual transmission is bit slow, i'd get manual if you have chance. or a brabus version. also build quality for interior is piss poor

Thank you, that's the kind of info I am looking for.

how new exactly are you?

I would rather a geo metro desu

Enjoy looking like an idiot driving it.

>BMI over 50
I got to a BMI of 28 once and looked like shit, the fuck is wrong with these people

my brother had one as a company car. it was fun as fuck to drive.

These have absolutely no use in the US. We don't have an issue needing space. A Chevy cruze is 100x more practical and gets better mpg. You would have to be retarded to buy a smart fourtwo.

>trying to make a shit car seem good

Gallons of soda

They look fun to drive, but I'd rather be able to carry more than 1 friend, because I have more than 1 friend.

Have you looked at the mitsubishi mirage? They have way more room and get better gas mileage.

Technically a 2 liter bottle isn't a gallon

The automatic is total fucking dogshit.

Get a fiat 500
A smart car is 10/10 gay.
A 500 is only 7/10 gay.

I literally take it in the ass, and a Fiat 500 is too gay for me

>I'm looking at it as my first car.

Do you know what you are doing with your first car? Regardless of what you personally want for style purposes, your car must solve your problems. A Smart Car is a good choice for certain circumstances. More than one person in my neighborhood has one since they are retired and use it for grocery getting.

Before you buy a car, you should be able to write down at least ten different weaknesses of that car on paper. Whether it is a rolls royce, tesla, mclaren, yugo, toyota, lexus, honda, chevrolet, or smart car, there will always be more than ten weaknesses. If you cannot, then you don't know that car well enough. This is a sign that you have not researched that car well enough.

It's a terrible little shit ball.

Why not a spark?

That's not a Twingo m8

The first 2 liters are just to exercise the stomach. She quaffs it in one long draw to pre-stretch the stomach so she can eat more pizza.

Fun fact:
The Fiat 500 shares the platform with the Fiat Panda. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fiat_Mini_platform
The Panda is a quite reliable city car, favored by short distance delivery and nursing services in Germany.

Personally I find the 500 quite comfy to drive. I would never buy one because you pay so much just for the cute looks, but it's not a bad car.

They don't have an oil drain plug. That alone should make you run away.

Probably too new, I am asking about a first car.
Not really one to care about that. I like the look, others don't have to.
I keep hearing that.They look fun to drive.
This is a serious concern I have. But it also would prevent friends and family from begging me to help them move stuff or pick up their kids (a likely thing in my circle).

>turbobusa smart car is the only acceptable smart car

The new one's fine. You can still get a much more practical and/or entertaining car for cheaper so I wouldn't call it a terribly wise decision, but it's fine.

The previous generation was not, mostly because of the transmission. It was one of the worst I've ever experienced in a modern car. There is no way to drive it smoothly.

Why?
Opinion noted and filed away.
I will be using it as a daily driver around town, getting to work and such (30miles or so), very rarely making trips to the adjacent state.
I can of course list some problems with it, but I'm asking for the help of this board to perhaps assist me with this decision.
What?

I was actually looking at buying an older used one. If I bought it new I would likely get something else, for that much I could get better.