Why does the Toyota Prius trigger Americans so much?

Why does the Toyota Prius trigger Americans so much?
>Car of the Year Japan Award
>Efficient
>Economical
>Environmentally conscious
What's the catch?

Other urls found in this thread:

wheels.blogs.nytimes.com/2013/08/12/the-rich-drive-differently-a-study-suggests/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Like BMW - the owners are dickheads

Nothing really, its a boring as fuck Eco friendly commuter for normies.
Burgers hate them because its not a truck and hasnt got a veeyate. But really its a shit car for anyone Who enjoys driving even a Little.

>a 20 year old civic is more environmental, a tenth of the price and gets more MPGs
How can toyota even compete?

>meh
>I guess
>not really
>hahaha fuck no

Its a meh car that has been over exaggerated with the marketing wank.

Americans judge cars by the people that drive them.

yup this. Great vehicles, not so much the fan base.

That car is worse than a Land Rover when it comes to environment. The metal in the battery has to be mined

>mfw Clarkson took up shitposting on Veeky Forums

>Like BMW - the owners are dickheads
Spot on, actually.

wheels.blogs.nytimes.com/2013/08/12/the-rich-drive-differently-a-study-suggests/

Worst drivers according to the University of California:
BMW and Prius

It's doesnt trigger me, it's just that it's a very boring car and really care about it. just for sheeple who think they are saving the environment or who really don't care for driving and just needs a daily commuter but doesn't want to spend too much on gas.

lol who am I kidding it's gay

Oh yeah, essentially this is the truth

>It's doesnt trigger me
>sheeple
>it's gay

This has been debunked time and time again. Please stop. I hate Prius just like the next f/o/ol, but stay with the facts.

As for OP, why do you think a car enthusiast board would even remotely like soulless car? What's your next thread? Why people don't like Kia Soul?

>Why does the Toyota Prius trigger Americans so much?
Because the people who advocate rights for the homeless to camp in front of your house are also the type of people that buy Prius.

>wheels.blogs.nytimes.com/2013/08/12/the-rich-drive-differently-a-study-suggests/
>Worst drivers according to the University of California:
>BMW and Prius

While there are courteous drivers of those two models, there are also a DISPORPORTIONATE number of asshole drivers for certain cars. So I agree for the BMW cars, but Prius aren't too often dicks in this area if you don't count their hypermiling antics that slow or block traffic.

The whole Prius hate thing is pretty much over by now. Nobody really cares if you drive one and the owners don't really bragg about them either. People just get them because they supposedly get good mpg's or look "cute". Nowhere as fucking as bad as "T" people.

The people that typically drive them are massive faggots.

This. They're so common that it's hard to have feelings about them in either direction.

I dislike them for being Toyotas - dreadfully dull to drive, and I don't like the way Toyota designs its interiors, either. Or its exteriors. But the shape and size are great - if you have child seats, most compacts are a little tight and a lot of midsizers are bigger than you need. The Prius is nicely in the middle. The hatch is nice, too. They're stupidly reliable and cheap to run. I can understand buying one.

>The people that typically drive them are massive faggots.
That used to be the case. But over the years, Prius became more mainstream, and the asshole ownership became diluted percentage-wise by the large numbers of normal people that got a Prius simply because they wanted a car that gave high mileage and still had a cost reduction advantage after replacing the battery once.

Certain climates help the Prius be economical while some climates make the Prius a negative buy compared to a regular ICE car.

Like my dad. He bought a Prius Prime because it can be run all electric so it's silent and it doesn't shift. The thing is basically an oversized golf cart and he loves that. Not so happy with the exterior though but he says he doesn't have to look at that while he's driving

I'm tempted to buy a hybrid electric, but only after they start adding in capacitors like in the subaru. Batteries can't absorb the most of the energy spike from braking or downhill speed limiting, but capacitors can. That extra edge given by the capacitors would also improve battery life since they cycle less.

Hopefully the day will come when battery packs are replaceable by users in smaller modules rather than one giant proprietary tesla module. I also don't want to see more of that tesla style licensing where the battery pack you paid for only gives you 80% with the extra 15% or so made available electronically if you pay the extra licensing fee. Tesla then sends a signal to the computer in the car that you are allowed to use all the battery hardware capacity (that you paid for in the first place).

prous drivers aren't dicks they're just unskilled drivers

>prius drivers aren't dicks they're just unskilled drivers
It takes skill to make use of the feedback numbers on the prius display screen to adjust your speed, slow but not too slow acceleration, and coasting to a stop. I saw that last nite when next to a prius with my chevrolet malibu. I also have mileage feedback on my screen and can try to hypermile by not accelerating too fast so that the numbers show my instantaneous MPG are as good as I can get for accelerating on the terrain I am on. But that would make me a dickwad too. So I left that Prius behind and all the other cars piling up behind the prius went around it.

I know that prius could have easily went faster. But the driver was clearly using the MPG econ mode. That's legal. There is no law requiring all cars must drive the maximum speed allowed on city, connector, or residential roads. Is the Prius driver a dick for not reading the mood on the roads? There's no way Mr Prius didn't know there weren't lots of cars piled up behind it. So the driver must have been driving for MPG as guided by the car's display.

It's such an ugly boring car

As a hatchback autist I love the look of the Prius. It's a great looking, comfy top-tier commuter if you just have to drive about 30 minutes to and from work every day like me (although it doesnt have too much room in the boot for carrying stuff).

As an American who likes driving even a little bit, I'd never own one because it's so anemic. I'd get one for my mom though, if I wasn't a poorfag.

It looks like shit and you have shit taste. Never post on my board again you fucking idiot.

I drive this (2013 Ford C-max hybrid). The styling, in my opinion, of both the interior and exterior of the car far exceeds the Prius and it's driving mechanics are much better. Steering is much better and it actually can accelerate rather fast and has a decent amount of torque. The better choice in the segment, imo.

make me :p

Bought new, the last two don't count. Building cars destroys the earth and real hipsters recycle. Bought used, maintenance catches up with you eventually.

Meme car