This car would have been known as a cheap and slow shitbox with good handling and would just be another rusty abused...

This car would have been known as a cheap and slow shitbox with good handling and would just be another rusty abused shitbox if it wasn't for initial d

Now it's one of the most iconic cars in history

Other urls found in this thread:

jekylhyderacing.com/snapoversteer.htm
cosprings.craigslist.org/cto/6147713083.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>doesnt know about its racing heritige
>rally
>circuit
>already had following before muh Vietnamese cartoons

ur dum m8

This. The AE86 was chosen for Initial D BECAUSE of it's racing heritage, and realistically, Initial D is just Shigeno writing/drawing glorified fanfiction of Keiichi Tsuchiya. Their cars are nearly identical colorwise.

The MR2, the AE86's sister car, is almost exactly identical to it except for one key difference, mid-read engine, that also contributed to it's greatest weakness, snap oversteer.

>snap oversteer meme
just learn to drive, fucking retards

This. Same thing with the A80 and R34 arguments with Fast and Furious. The movies didn't make them popular, they were chosen *for* the movie because they already were.

Nah, I'm talking about actual racing Motorsports, not anecdotal occurrences. The AE86 DESTROYS the AW11 because of this sole weakness. The AW11 is literally a worse AE86, on par with the AE85.

>one of the most iconic cars in history
Really..? when i was young i saw an E30 i knew what that was. knew what the 190E was. knew what skyrines were. knew what Evos and poobaru Sexually Transmitted Infections were. knew what Supras were before i had even heard of the Fast and Furious (though to be fair Supras were mostly a mystery to me and was unaware of the meme-horsepower they could make)

i saw this though and i'm like.. what even the fuck is that? EG6 Civics were more iconic where i'm from than this.

>and was unaware of the meme-horsepower they could make
Wish people would stop thinking this is the only thing they're good for.

they can't turn unless you have a jgtc bodykit, so he's right. they're pigfat grand tourers.

The 86 is more sought after than any of those cars

Nice triggerbait, but I've heard it all before.

They are fun to drive, OP.
I have three. A daily driver, my first one & a beater track missle.

Shigeno himself owned an AE86 in the 80s.

And why did he buy the car? I'm sure Tsuchiya had nothing to do with that decision. The AE86, at the surface, was just another sub-2.0L Japanese shitbox, but this one was RWD unlike other sub-2.0L Japanese shitboxes. It wasn't until well after their production that they became famous, and their original sales numbers are extremely tiny because no one wanted that car. It's basically the Japanese DeLorean.

Fuck - marry - kill

>makes a reply based on personal assumptions

damn nigga you really love truenos

>Coupes

Superior breed.

>Truenos

just kys now please

Do them all have the aftermarket cup holders?

I bought a case wholesale of aftermarket cupholders. Also this box of dried mayonaie raman.

Why all the other stuff in that picture of your cat?

Objectively superior FR car comin' thru.

It was an insanely popular track and rally car for its day.

mass media lets the riff raff in

whatever, fag

jekylhyderacing.com/snapoversteer.htm
traverse MR was a mistake
the moment of polar inertia is too quick for slow drivers
longitudinal MR and RR are much easier to deal with

Not to anyone that those movies would've appealed to

It really isn't

the ae86s popularity and iconism was set before initial d, buddo
initial d just made it a weeb car

>The MR2, the AE86's sister car, is almost exactly identical to it except for one key difference, mid-read engine, that also contributed to it's greatest weakness, snap oversteer.
fuck off benchracer

>Now it's one of the most iconic cars in history
that's just plain stupid boy

My dad used to race them. at the end of the year, the winner got a brand new 86. lol

its STILL a cheap slow shitbox. its just that all the cars you want are either overpriced and already had the shit thrashed out of them.

The AE86 had a racing legacy long before inital D, the show was inspired by arguably the first competitive Japanese drifter who drove an AE86

I dont get why the celica isnt more popular.

I'll fuck mine, thank you very much.

The Celica was heavier.

For Japs and JDMfags, I think he's not far off

They're coming back. Trust me

Yeah, show me the AW11's racing lineage being even close to the AE86's. Oh what's that, it isn't? Gee, it's almost as if it's mid-rear engine was a fucking design flaw or some shit, crazy innit?

Its a way much of wannabe a sport car

Is the CR-X an old shitbox that nobody cares about?
AE86 would be about the same

Ford Mustang would have been forgotten if not for muh V8.

The Ae86 would be the perfect retro slow but fast car if it wasnt that expensive. For the kind of money they are going for, you are just buying a meme.

The AE86 was extremely popular over in japan, there's a reason why every fucking 90s drifting home video made by them has a bunch of fucking S13s and AE86s.

the main difference is RWD
Is it worth the price difference now? fuck no.

>one of the most iconic cars in history

let's not get fucking crazy because you watch anime and browse this board lol

nobody has fucking heard of initial D

Indeed the anime has created insanity like this.

cosprings.craigslist.org/cto/6147713083.html

I know about it
I meant that the CRX is also an 25+ years old "economy sports car" and I wouldn't call it forgotten

>I don't understand price curves: the post

exactly this

who else saw the ae86 in the nürnburgring classic race yesterday?

>Now it's one of the most iconic cars in history
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

> No radio. ( why would you want one in this car though , unless you wanna listen to Eurobeat on the mountain passes)

Top kek

There are many other cars with rally and racing heritage, but no one gives a fuck about old Celicas.

Sure thing

Every Murriclap shitbox at the time had a V8 though.

This. I knew Skylines because they were killing our V8s at Bathurst. I knew RX7s. I knew Celicas and Supras. I knew the underworld favourite WRX. I knew the Mazda Familia GTX and Nissan 240Z. I has never heard of the meme 86 until I saw Initail Meme.

most of the stock ones are tame
the type r version of that car is a death trap
its the kind of car I would refuse to sell to "those type of people"
there is such a thing as exploitable stability but its not for everyone

That's because they were the goto choice of japanese grassroots motorsport, not international competition.

I do ;_;

Me too senpai. Levels of comfy that shouldn't even be possible

>tfw want a first gen celica so bad
>in california so only a pre-75 is really viable
fuuuck

>muh strayan racing
>muh weebshit
yet you never knew about the ae86? 1990 and 1991 atcc
never opened a fast4s mag or anything in the 90s or early 00s? video option etc?

top kek

I'm with these guys I care. Especially about Mk.III's

>TFW every Mk. I-III I find near me has been destroyed by time, or rednecks.

You are asking why I don't remeber an obscure crappy Toyota during seasons dominated by the RS500 and GTR? If I wanted to go rallying I would get a TX3 Turbo and if i wanted a Jap drag car I got a RX3. What use was a AE86?

If it wasn't for Initial D. You wouldn't have even known the car existed. It was quite popular in Japan well before Initial D, racing, drifting, you name it. But again, all of this occurred ONLY in Japan. Never outside.

literally gay

THE D STANDS FOR DEMEROL

>racing, drifting, you name it
>occurred ONLY in Japan
btcc is a Japanese championship?