/lisg/ - Life is Strange General #486

''Always take the shot'' Edition

Previous Thread: Life is Strange is an episodic interactive drama from DONTNOD Entertainment. Set in the Pacific Northwest in the town of Arcadia Bay, the player follows the story of Maxine Caulfield and her seemingly newfound ability to turn hella gay and rewind time. At the prestigious Blackwell Academy, Max must prepare with Chloe Price for the incoming storm of returning to her hometown after five years. Available on Steam, PSN and Xbox Live.

>Official Website:
lifeisstrange.com

>Steam:
store.steampowered.com/app/319630
steamcommunity.com/groups/4chanlisg

>/lisg/ Permalink:
orph.link/lisg

>FAQs, Old Threads/Strawpolls, Soundtrack/Music & Leaks:
orph.link/lisgarchive (UPDATED)

>/lisg/ Community Written Fan Fiction (Continuation WHEN):
orph.link/story

>Compilation of Fanfics:
orph.link/fanfic

>/lisg/ Content Producers:
imgur.com/a/DOAKn

>/lisg/ sings:
youtube.com/watch?v=pQJgF3NToUg
youtube.com/watch?v=WjPsOkijFh0

>Strawpolls:
strawpoll.me/11965358
strawpoll.me/12158769
strawpoll.me/12405766
strawpoll.me/12416723
strawpoll.me/12453760
strawpoll.me/12453759

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rhvZxmgLfNA
youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ
instaud.io/kVV
instaud.io/kWb
na.square-enix.com/us/blog/life-strange-official-merchandise
lifeisstrange-blog.tumblr.com/post/142063060582/totallynotaprank
orph.link/lisga
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=785603956
twitter.com/DONTNOD_Michel/status/848122657967091713
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Just FRIENDS. Nothing more.
April fools!

Okay no more jokes (For now.)

BFFs, Pirates, Wonder Twins, Partners in Time & Crime & Love, Fellow Dorks, GFs, Wives.
OTP.
youtube.com/watch?v=rhvZxmgLfNA

People here go missing all the time. They file a missing persons report and if they don't turn up dead they usually never find them.

Its weird to see a small town that actually cares when one of its young people goes missing. You'd never see a flyer like that at any of the community campuses where I live, people here hardly even talk to each other.

Max is #1

Anyone else excited about the news confirming Max and Chloe as having "a major presence" in season 2 of life is strange?

youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ

I actually like this song.

Before Episode 5's release:
>Lol Mari's theories're shitty.It's way more than shitty to become true
>Chloe has to die thing doesn't make sense.Don't worry they will come with unpredictable story
>We're gonna learn everything about Max's powers,Rachel and Prescotts even Nathan,spirit animals..
>Jefferson knows about Max's powers
>Nathan,Frank,David or Samuel's gonna save us
>Victoria's with Max,she'll save her
>(After seeing Cemetery scene from leaks) I'm sure it'll be Williams,Rachel's or Kate's grave.
>Rachel's the doe and Butterfly and probably we'll see her in Max's dream
>Blue Jay's Chloe

After Episode 5's release:
>Mari's shitty cliche theory became right
>We visited the SF art gallery for 3 seconds. FOR 3 DAMN SECONDS
>Jefferson became a silly bad guy from Disney
>David came to save us.He's a former-soldier but he can't even fight,just listens teenager's orders. Even he doesn't know she has some time travel powers.
>Victoria's with us in the dark room.Laying there and we can talk her or not.Just it.
>Nathan get killed,Victoria too
>Nathan knew something about the storm but they cut it.
>Warren explained Max's powers(!)(thanks warryn) We found out her power causes/related with Chaos Theory and storm.It's not like we didn't know or something.
>Storm is only coming for Bay because Chloe lives in there but Max's the one who keep changes the time
>Prescotts story erased.Nobody even mention their name.
>Rachel's story fucked too.She isn't or butterfly,bluejay just spiritualdoe
>Spirit animals thing died.Blue Butterfly's storm summoner just it.
>Chloe dies again in one of endings (unpredictable) It gives you a lesson: You shouldn't have used your power.And you shouldn't play this game.Now erase your choices and cry like a bitch.
>Chloe has to die thing comes true, Cemetery scene explained with that.
>The other ending's short but it's less cliché than other.We saved Chloe,storm's hit the town and gone.That's it
>Epilogue: Use ur imaginations:)muh budget

Oh wowsers. It's like it's 2007 again.
I wonder if Hiro will do a prank this year.

Yeah, it's not bad.

As Max and Chloe are leaving the ruins of Arcadia Bay behind, there's one more tragic story unfolding
>Alice and Lisa stuck in Max's room, Alice hasn't eaten anything in days, the dorms are destroyed and no one comes looking for them
>"No one's gonna come save us, this is the end, we'll starve to death..."
>Alice...you can survive this and go back to your owner. All you have to do is... all you have to do is eat me."
>"What? No, fuck that. Lisa, you're my number one priority, I'm not eating you!"
>"Alice, think about it... how many times this week did you try to nibble my leafs? I'm a plant, Alice, you're a bunny, maybe it's time I accept my destiny... OUR destiny."
>"Lisa, I can't make this choice!"
>"No Alice, you're the only one who can"

>eat Lisa
instaud.io/kVV

>eat your own foot
instaud.io/kWb

LIMITED EDITION MERCH!

na.square-enix.com/us/blog/life-strange-official-merchandise
lifeisstrange-blog.tumblr.com/post/142063060582/totallynotaprank

There is no such thing as an Ivy League highschool. The Ivy League is a sports league consisting of a few prestigious Northeastern colleges
As to the question, you are right to be confused - the French devs didn't seem to know much about the American education system and they concocted a completely fictional and self-contradictory version of a school. It's supposedly a one-year program, IE just for highschool seniors, focused on art.

I'm gonna sleep now, please don't let this thread die.
Thanks.

> just for highschool seniors
I think we all know what happened there. Students taking drugs, implied sexual situations. Jefferson himself is an ersatz rapist. Chloe getting shot.

Some executive had a look at the basic premise and said, "I don't care how dumb it sounds. Make everyone seniors (implying 18 y/o or higher) and save us a major headache."

I thought I once saw someone mention here that Max was originally planned to be 16 but they aged her up. Not sure if that's apocryphal or what.

As a matter of fact, one particular contradiction strongly supports this. In the beginning of the diary Max claims she wants to build a new wardrobe 'over her junior year' implying she was a sophomore, IE 16

Well a lot of texts and stuff show Max just turned 18. I don't think that was a last minute change.
Warren is still 16 in the game.

Blackwell is not consistent at all, but my best guess is that it's a private four-year high school with programs for seniors.
Which students can transfer into, since Max built up grades in Seattle and then transferred to Blackwell for the photography classes for her senior year.
If people from outside of Arcadia Bay come to Blackwell then it explains why there's dorms.
There's probably a public high school somewhere in the surrounding area as well.

I'm currently having some issues on my server, please use orph.link/lisga in the meantime.

>In Caulfield's dorm room, Kate Marsh watched as her friend hung out with Chloe on her birthday. Marsh had shared a beer with Chloe, well, Chloe had drunk most of it, but she'd had a few sips too! She wasn't lame!
>As their friends began to leave--including a scruffy older fellow with tattoos on his neck, the ever kindly Warren and others--Kate knew it was time for her short walk back to her dorm room.
>While smoothing her skirt, she reflected upon the evening and thought about how strange it was that Chloe slept over in Max's dorm so often.
>"That's not so weird. They have slumber parties. Maybe I'll invite them to come to my room!" she thought, giddy at the idea of the three of them watching movies and eating ice cream all night.
>She also thought about all the time Chloe and Max spent together. Aside from getting tea, whenever she spotted Max on campus she was walking or sitting with Chloe. Sometimes she spotted them in town, during hikes or at the beach. Max often rested her head on Chloe's lap while reading a book or playing with her cell phone, sending the much hated emojis.
>"Come to think of it, Chloe has been dropping off Max for our tea dates or arriving at the end to pick her up..." Kate shook her head. "I'm being silly. They didn't see each other for five years. They're making up for lost time."
>Then she thought about their habit of holding hands, leaning their heads on each others shoulders and wrapping their arms around each other as they walked.
>"That's not quite so strange," she thought. "I hold hands with...myself." She often clasped her hands together over her lap.
>Their hands made it onto each others laps quite a bit, often when they didn't think anyone was looking. Sometimes they gave a little squeeze, or a rub or a...

>Kate bit her lip for a second when she heard Chloe say something to Max.
>"So Max, how bout we take this party back to my place?"
>Max blushed and nodded. "If the birthday girl insists..." She looked up at her with desire gleaming in her eyes.
>Kate turned to them. "That sounds fun. Can I bring Alice? She'd love to meet your new dog."
>Chloe and Max turned to Kate. The few remaining partygoers, including the now less abrasive Victoria Chase, raised their eyebrows or squinted at her in confusion.
>Max had trouble looking Kate in the eye as she spoke to her.
>“Um, sorry Kate,” she stuttered as she looked from her chaste friend's face to her own shoes. “B-but I don't think that's a good idea. Alice is a rabbit a-and--”
>Chloe smirked and stepped toward them.
>“Between Max and I, we've already got enough animals in my house. Besides, we planned on heading to my bedroom and--”
>Max's eye doubled in size before she smacked Chloe on the shoulder to interrupt her.
>Kate smiled good naturedly. “hopping on the bed like rabbits. You are such party animals, right?”
>Kate laughed. Max's penchant for puns had rubbed off on Chloe since they'd been spending so much time together.
>Chloe smirked. Some of the other partiers giggled. Victoria rolled her eyes.
>“What is she fucking blind?” Chase muttered.
>Kate smiled, not detecting the eyes on her.
>“That's alright. It's getting late. I have Church tomorrow.”
>Victoria rolled her eyes again. “Wouldn't want to miss that...”
>“...And I don't want to nod off and miss the good parts.”
>Chloe turned away and chuckled.
>They said their good byes and parted ways.
>Kate went back to her dorm room.
>“My. Max and Chloe are lucky to have each other. They're such good gal pals.”
>gal pals
>CHOO CHOO!

What I find most amusing about this is the idea of Frank hanging out with them at a party. He'd think it was the dorkiest thing ever.

Also
>I don't want to nod
>don't... nod

Gal pals
choo choo

I'm guessing Joyce says "gal pals" at some point in the game, but where did "choo choo" come from?

Where can i get the full OST (menu&game themes etc, and licenced tracks)????

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=785603956

thx m8

real cute, user-who-runs-the-permalinks.

happy 4/1 to you too.

It really sprinkled my tinkles.

hope this isn't 2lewd for a blue board

>no underwear on Max's lower half

Th-that's lewd... but romantic, and relaxed.

No idea who Jean and Jess are.

New game when?

Never haha :)

What kid of prank did Chloe play on Max for April Fools?

>gal pals choo choo

That's a big bench.

DURR, FOR YOU, HURR.

For them

Clearly, it is big for them.

Oh my. It appears grave robbers have trespassed on the construction site.

Is that deliberately Scott Pilgrim style? It fits perfectly.

ehehehe
Had I made the thread I was going to try to sneak something in as well.

Many.

That's neat. If it's for the contest, it's different than the others I've seen.
Wonder what Chloe was doing up there.Maybe sunbathing or she knows a swimming spot.

HAHA
Seems like /pol go prank'd pretty hard

wut

Yes. It is in fact an exact redraw.

One of the various gifts Molli's given us. R.I.P.

Photo session with Max, duh.

And documenting Pan Estates' construction site to expose violations in the future.

It is for the contest. There's also yet another conception of Warren's dorm (pic related). But it's decidedly too tasteful and interesting to actually be his.

One of the shots from the day up there.

I get understand: how is this made? It looks far too real and if you tell me it's a photograph I'll probably believe you.

>we've had to combine a few boards. Try and make some new friends!
/pol/ + /mlp/ merged for the day.
There's a few others but I won't spoil for those who want to go looking.

HD render. The lighting is crucial to make it look that realistic.

When you scroll through an interior design catalog or something, much of what you think are photographs is actually CGI too.

More.

>Photo session with Max, duh.
Of course. It also looks like a nice day so a photo shoot and walk on the beach.
Max clearly took some good shots. As she always does.
My guess is since the storm and all the corruption exposed, Pan Estates ceased construction.

On another note, that does look cool for Warren's room. Weird that that seems to be the most common entry topic. I've seen at least three depictions of his room.
That one's probably the best though since it feels like Blackwell with the brick wall and looks like a school dorm and not some awesome apartment.
They extended the deadline until April 14th so either they didn't get enough entries or enough people were still working. Hopefully there's a lot of results.

Her face looks like a contrived, bored model trying to look attractive with no knowledge of the character.

Holy shit this is hilarious

OH, NO, Veeky ForumsLIT/, GET OFF MY Veeky Forums, FUCK.

>mfw Veeky Forums fags up my board with their pretentious bullshit

My beloved /k/ remains intact. Kind of sad about that actually.

Why are you even here if you have no appreciation of literature, and are too retarded to use any other word than "pretentious" to describe something you don't understand?

It's absolutely fucking excruciating reading your ilk's posts.

Is this really subtle satire? The "ilk" bit makes me think so.

If it is its very well done.

Do you really have subtle brain damage? The "Veeky Forums" makes me think so.

Please no arguing about other boards!
This is still /lisg/! Same old comfy, awesome, /lisg/.

Yeah I'm pretty sure it is.

Well done. 8/10.

Surely there aren't this many Veeky Forums frequenters here.

Is it hard to believe that people who lift might also appreciate comfy lesbians?

/lisg/ is pretty diverse with where its posters originally came from.
Quite remarkable.

I'm just disturbed that retards such as are missing the layers of the game, probably in post-workout, testosterone-fuelled masturbatory sessions.

Tyler1 played the game exactly like that, and he still picked bae>bay because he doubted bay would change anything

Well it seems like his brain works. So that's good.
Would be interesting if someone did a poll to see where everyone came from.
Also new month so maybe new polls soon. I'm not the person who makes them.

Max was a good person.

Max and Chloe deserve happiness. All love is God's love. After Max talked me down from the roof, I left my family's church to focus on social justice. Organized religion has discriminated against lesbians, homosexuals and the transgendered for too long. If a lesbian can see the worth of my life then God must see the worth in theirs.

I will dedicate my life to preaching the good word and bringing not only God's love, but also his justice to the earth!

Happy April Fool's Day, from the Bayest.

She is a good person and so is Chloe. After they uncovered that the Prescotts had corrupted Native American rituals to summon the storm, they saved the town. Prescott industries was dismantled and the means of production were spread among the townsfolk. Economic and spiritual prosperity returned to Arcadia Bay thanks to Max Caulfield and Chloe Price. I'll be sure to send my kids to Blackwell to learn photography from Mrs. Pricefield.

>was
You mean IS.

Her days of being a superhero may be over, but she still is kind to others.
Inspiring others to follow their dreams and not doubt themselves, teaching photography to youngsters interested in it, showing how love can help you get past anything, giving money to charities and making appearances with Chloe.

Chloe is fit. Just look at her abs.

BAY > Bae
April Fools. Sorry. Still a bad joke.

Jefferson did nothing wrong.

The Bay is still great because is brought us the Bae.

The town itself is pretty nice. Hopefully they rebuilt it fairly quickly and it returns to being pleasant.

I agree.

twitter.com/DONTNOD_Michel/status/848122657967091713

What did he mean by this

Jesus, she isn't a WASPish eurotrash yuppie with a humanitarian image to keep up.

She'll just live a dorkishly eccentric life, mainly indoors, as she would enjoy, and continue her photography career.

She won't become an A-list celebrity (I wouldn't wish that horror on them) but her name will be known in her field.
Max can still live a mostly quiet and private life while being charitable. Wanting to help people (and maybe make up for the stolen $5,000.)

She's a photographer. She will inspire others with her work, story, and personality. By extension, Chloe will be known by some as well since she's always by Max's side and appearing in a fair amount of the pictures.

He realized how poor the story for S1 was

>we've had to combine a few boards

What if they combined some of the general threads here on Veeky Forums?

>/twg/+/gsg/
>/csgog/+/r6g/
>/simg/+/wotg/

You missed /lolg/ + /d2g/
Any general other than /utg/ and /ksg/ + /lisg/ would result in tremendous butthurt too

/lisg/ + /utg/ would probably mockingly be called /tumblr/
I wonder who else /lisg/ could buddy up with besides those two.

>/lisg/, /feg/ and /pg/ combine

The waifu wars would be brutal.

>/utg/ and /ksg/ + /lisg/

MADMAN

How bad would it be? I've only glanced at those other generals once or twice. /lisg/ does not have much waifuing as /ksg/. It could work out for a day.

Another great idea is fuse /wowsg/, /wotg/, and /wtg/ into one. Now THAT would be a shitshow.
I'd sit back with popcorn and watch.

what would /ksg/ think of wheelie chloe?

They're gonna prank the Vortex Club!

>They're

You mean Max, right? the other two are dead, haha:)

Go away, Michel

Michel did nothing wrong.