Does your city/town have a road that you love to drive up/down?

Does your city/town have a road that you love to drive up/down?

I go up and down here every couple of days because I love it so much.

Yes. I need to get out there more often instead of spending the evenings getting drunk.

FDR Drive at nighttime is comfy. Daytime is shit and is full of traffic though.

Mulholland Drive.
I try to drive it at least every other day or so. It only has around 6 lights for its whole 15 miles, so if you can catch a time where it's fairly empty, you can really tear shit up.
Unfortunately, that's really only late at night or ass early in the morning.

LSD

YOOOOOOOOO
>do this and back at least once a week
Never taken it all the way to San Jacinto though. Just might have to.

Here's a non-poverty spec picture of the fun part.

Nice that's like 30 minutes away from me, may try that in a couple days.

Just got back from another late night drive up and down, did it twice this time and decided to say fuck it and time it downhill, did it in 10m 52s, which is pretty good I think when I'm driving a stock 2015 civic.

Thank you for subscribing to my blog.

The wiggly bit in the middle is brand new pavement, smooth as can be.
On weekdays there's hardly any other cars around.

Last time I was up there hooning it in my turbo miata I came around a corner marked 30 doing maybe 70, and as soon as I get atound the bend there were 3 state troopers parked on the side of the road. They didn't pull me over though. I think they were busy doing something else, not on traffic enforcement duty.

trying to get a drive where i have to drive through here every morning seeing as i will have to roughly the same distance anyway. unfortunately its a pretty popular road and wombats are everywhere at night but i have nothing else

fuck me i have some boot leg English in that post

Denver has shit roads, but cruising down Colfax at night is p comfy. The alternative is blasting down I-25 at 120mph on the bike at night.

As for fun roads, I'm partial to highway 72 and taking that through Nederland

>Austria, Vienna

[[eurobeat intensifies]]

dem old Appalachian roads

Das scenic route.

I do this about once a week. Go on weekdays to miss hikers and cyclefags. Also be on the lookout for cops.

Wr Anton pls

Hello my fellow OCfags

S/o/Cal did this road last month. Fun shit.

Pros:
No Cops Becuase state lines.
Very little traffic.

Cons:
Roads need work, alot of gravel and loose dirt that can fuck your day up on a bike.

Lmao my man. Graduated Clemson last year and lived in West Union. Loved to ride up to Highlands NC on the weekends.

Nothing within the city bounds, really.
I need to go 30-40 minutes out of the city before i get to the good stuff, but it's worth it, as they are some of the best roads in europe, with virtually no traffic or police, even at the weekends.

Fuck did they? I started browsing Veeky Forums a couple weeks ago, that's fucking great. The road itself is so smooth and so much fun to go around.

S/o/Cal mini meets tend to move around different roads. We do anything from Malibu to SD, and whatever's inbetween.

Definitely need to check this out then, I have no friends interested in cars here in Hemet so it's really shit.

Next one's a campout in SD. You should be able to find the thread in the catalogue.

Running through the Champlain Islands. Vermont has some sick roads.

The drive to the track

I do but everyone on Veeky Forums thinks it's just a straight road even though it's far from

Well what is it

Live Oak Canyon Road in southern California

maps make it look like nothing but it is pretty twisty in person

If you're talking about the one off Sand Canyon in SCV, it's not that twisty.

Yeah I got a little drive here in met calf road. Getting there is fun and the crescendo is a very twisty very steep 2 mins of driving. I like to think of it as a stage in a rally cross

It's off of Santiago Canyon. In Orange County. It's a lot of high speed corners.

do you live in hemet or something.
i like this road but i dont like driving an hour to get to it.

thats not even the same road you mong.
ops pic is in mountain center near hemet.
ortega is shit.

>thats not even the same road you mong.
>ops pic is in mountain center near hemet.
I know that OP's pic is a different section, it was in reply to >ortega is shit
Not at night.

This is fun, but only when the cyclists and RV's go home.

implying im going to give away my roads on this autism forum

*Falls asleep and crashes

and the endless squids.

>my roads

Well they go faster than my shitbox does, so I'm not too worried about getting stuck behind them. Sometimes they even pass me when I'm doing 50 already.
Haven't seen a crash yet surprisingly.

*60, honest typo

yeah they go fast just before they lowside into your car and you go to prison for manslaughter

>courts taking the side of the squid
Would this really happen or are you meme-ing? I'm pretty new to California.

What do you drive?

Nice hill climb. I try to go on weekdays to avoid cyclists and trucks coming from some mine.

Yeah I live 5 minutes away from the start of the climb, East side of Hemet.

Stock 2015 Civic

No one posted the tail of the dragon yet?

I would be on this shit like white on rice, but I don't live anywhere near it.

>Ontario

Of course not, this province is garbage

Christ that looks fun

Wtf I do this like twice a week. Lets meet up and tear this shit up

The only fun roads are shitty gravel roads that I pretend to be a rally driver on.

I live in flat plains so there isn't shit

>tfw Florida
>tfw nearest fun road is 4 hours away

Are you the red NA miata with the /osg/ stickers?

No

The further north you go the better the roads are

Anybody happen to have some good roads in the Lancaster/Harrisburg PA area? I know our roads are mostly shit, but there's gotta be at least a few places worth driving

If you guys do meet up I'll come along with my slow 2015 civic

Lets do it tonight? Which side of the 74 are you guys on?

I'm in Hemet, so I'll be coming from the East

Sorry guys I was knocked out.
I'm pretty embarrassed of my current shitbox with previous owner's baked on plastidip abomination, but I'm on the west side of Ortega.

Well if you guys wanna go for a drive tonight I'm up for it, if both of you are on the West side I'll come to you, would also give me a chance to look at the road first.

What time is good with you guys?

I'm old civic guy and anytime past 9pm would be alright for me.
I'll suggest the Target at 990 Avenida Vista Hermosa that we could meet at since it has a fuckhuge parking lot and is only a short drive away from where Ortega gets fun.

I'll probably get there at like 9:30 or 10, but that works for me. Hopefully beemerman is still down for it

Sounds good. Past 10 would probably be an ideal time to head out considering a bunch of people probably went to the beach for Memorial Day and will be heading back home inland in the evening.

Many, and they put most american 'twisties' to shame.

But I'm not going to share them because they'll end up clogged with Veeky Forumstists in shitty hatchbacks that can't keep up the pace, and edgelords that will hold up faster drivers for the sake of it.

You sound autistic

Super down. See you guys tonight probably will be closer to 10 for me too.

the map makes it look way straighter than it actually is, it's also pretty fuggin steep. You can't run it during tourist season since people park and walk all over the road during certain times of the year.

You sound insufferable to be around

I'm in Barrie. Anything good near by?

the FDR is all about speeding at those hours. No real twists unless we got an hour north. What are you driving on the FDR?

Night time only

Old Civic guy here, sorry, someone at the cookout I was at stepped on my glasses and I'm almost fucking blind without them. Unless I limp behind going 25 the whole way with my perscription sunglasses on, I'll probably end up off the road Cummy style.
I hope you all get the chance to go still and if we reschedule after I get a new pair I'll definitely hit it up.

Man, I need to head up here one day.

Alright well I just got here so hopefully beemerman shows. The road was really fucking nice though, not too much traffic and was able to push it a little.

The way it turns into smooth road was great halfway.

I'm in the middle of the lot, blue civic near the mitsubishi.

Also I'm always down for some late night driving, what's your email I'll send my number

This thread got me looking for cool roads

Is an hour and 45 minutes an autistic distance to drive for about 25 minutes of mountain? They're the only ones anywhere near me.

when you get the chance, hit me up at [email protected]
I'll probably be able to get some costco glasses before this weekend so should be able to go back soon.

>live in buttfuck nowhere minnesota, flat land for the most part with forests
>no good roads anywhere nearby
>closest road with some degree of curviness is currently in shit condition due to winter

Shame you didnt get to come out tonight man, well definitely all have to get together and hit the toegay

Just got back, fun as fuck yo. Definitely could have pushed a bit harder if I had more confidence in my grip. Was able to keep up for a bit then he eventually just got away from me a couple times. Proud of my stock civic though, felt great. Also there was some random as fuck fog in the middle, scared the shit out of me.

I thought you had pulled over at one point because there was another guy on the side of the road flashing his hazards, so I pulled over and found out real quick it wasn't you.

Good fun though, good luck on getting your fog lights working rofl

There's this tiny stretch of twisty road I have to take to go to work, usually deserted and it's an one way road!

Seems pretty nice, only 2.1km that's sad

>Another Stuttgartfag
Please show me a good 2ghey, Kamerad. My car ain't fast enough to be fun on the Autobahn.

Email got timed out I think, email me at [email protected]

Bonus points if you do the paper cup meme with a XL Burger-King Soda.

Sent.

Can confirm.. I live in Favoriten though so it's too far away from me

Lotta nice bits here and there with small city stretches between them, so I usually pick one part of the "course" and stick to it.
Some of it has lots of traffic unfortunately, especially bikers on weekends.

I thought that guy was a cop as I flew by him at like 85 lol. Fogs are working just took the bulb out of my other broken pair of fogs and it worked perfectly! Now just to splice the one side of my foglights.