So I just bought an NA FC

I was wondering what would be the most cost effective way to get some power out of this car. Should I just swap the Turbo 13B into it?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=IQ3wYoCHcRE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

V8 swap

Is the R32 yours as well?

Nah it's my dad's. We sorta have a ricer family.

I was hoping to stay JDM if possible, as to not get butt blasted by everyone.

>stay JDM

F20c swap... or probably not because that's expensive.

Those rx7s are pretty quick. Get the engine ported and tuned to spin high rpm.

the most cost effective way is to sell it and buy a faster one

Thing is, I got this one for 2 grand. All the Clean Turbo ones go for 8 grand here easy.

Bridgeport that bitch and get a standalone ECU, tune it, bam. 200-250HP N/A RX-7.

Got an idea on how much that would cost?

Since the engine would be getting fully rebuilt, I really do't know. Maybe $3000? You'd have to call around and ask a knowledgeable rotary shop. The porting is the cheap part though, it's the teardown/rebuild that costs the money. I'd estimate the actual porting is only like $500 of that.

Also this would include the cost of a new ECU and the tuning process. $3k sounds steep but after you've accounted for all the shit going into it it's not as bad.

Mazda KL-ZE swap, or KL-DE if you can source one here in the states.

I appreciate the input. I might look into this.

13bt or 13b-rew, everyone else can suck a fuck.

juan jay zed

The engine can handle 10-12k stock. The limiting factor is the transmission.

A ported 13b with a decent turbo could be fast as fuck though, depending on what exactly he does.

>Dremel tool and a weekend port job

>hoping to stay JDM
Well you're doing a fucking shit job so far by buying a North American RX7 with no turbo

youtube.com/watch?v=IQ3wYoCHcRE
whatever you do, keep it sounding good.

>The engine can handle 10-12k stock

Not with the factory balance it can't, you"ll eat apex seals from the chatter. Mazda doesn't weight match rotors and just uses the counter weight.

For 10 -12k rpm you would need to weight match both rotors, balance the eshaft, then make the last minor corrections on the counter weight

$700 job since only a hand full of rotary shops in the us have the equipment for it.

Then you have to rebuild afterwards.

V8.

You could get a pretty good amount of power if you port out the intake and exhaust. Its way cheaper than an engine swap or a forced induction. All you need is porting templates and a dremel with the right drill bits. You can find everything you need on Racing Beats website.

the cars major limitations are in the factory exhaust and intake. cant make any real power gains without opening up the motor and porting so id definetly start with an exhaust and intake. if your state doesn't test emissions id delete that shit to. if you want to try your hand at a rebuild just get a master rebuild kit from a place like atkins rotary and then send of your side irons to get ported. rebuilding a rotary is easy, just time consuming.

>stay jdm
4G229G swap