/dsg/ - Demon's/Dark Souls General

RINGED CITY IS OUT, IF YOU DON'T WANT TO BE SPOILED, STAY AWAY WHILE YOU PLAY IT BY YOURSELF

>Squished:
>Ringed City items checklist (if you find an error, please reply and correct):
pastebin.com/724E2jEB

>1.11 patch:
store.steampowered.com/news/externalpost/steam_community_announcements/75839063734797566

>1.12 patch:
store.steampowered.com/news/externalpost/steam_community_announcements/75839596812166515

>Ringed City DLC stuff
pastebin.com/4mUsZWmv

>Character Planner
mugenmonkey.com/

>DARK SOULS 3
docs.google.com/document/d/1u8Mak1goSv4g73g16XsWV4sJelDQUatWkP2kcO6GVAA/pub

>DARK SOULS 2
pastebin.com/CAx8Yc8v

>DARK SOULS
pastebin.com/eNY3su63

>DEMON'S SOULS
pastebin.com/RjpF5s7a

>BLOODBORNE
pastebin.com/WdLBWD8n

>KING'S FIELD
pastebin.com/G8zw0sc3

>Community & Fanart
pastebin.com/vVWz9pJm

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/iekkxUm9x78
youtube.com/watch?v=WB6_phG0fuA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

RECOMMEND ME A FUN BUILD THAT ISN'T 66 STRENGTH

invader used taunt

it was super effective

99 strenght

I shall partake.

2nd for PARTAKE

67 strength

Pyromancer

Everything is weak to fire

You can cast more or less every spell in the game

Demon Scar 2h r1 combos into combustion/blackflame

DO NOT FEAR THE DARK

youtu.be/iekkxUm9x78

>start new character
>want to use ring knight spear
>end up using Raw ASS the entire ruin

>start new character
>Want to use heavy Exiled curved meme
>end up using Ilythll Straight Sword the entire run

>want to make a Gael UGS character
>end up using Raw ASS the entire game

I wish this game had fun fucking weapons, I miss Santier's Spear.

nth for best dragon.

better have your character named Dragonslayer Armor

40/40 Dark Sorcery/Miracle Pope

P A R T A K E

Oh for fuck's sake

Can anyone on PC help me transfer over a crystal sage rapier and some rings? I can do upgrades and have most of the good weapons upgraded to +10 i can offer (other than dlc weapons)

>killing Gael in the ash plains doesnt give you an option to end the game right there
>Lighting the bonfire doesnt cause the player to sit down next to it and the camer slowly zoom out, showing him alone in that barren field of ashes, as the sole survivor at the literal end of the world
>we don't get a message come up on the screen saying YOU SURVIVED as this starts playing over the credits
>youtube.com/watch?v=WB6_phG0fuA

Ringed Knight Spear is fun
Exile meme sword is fun
Gael's sword is fun

>using raw ASS and Irithyll SS
You're the one who's no fun, user.

>locusts are memed into pvp
THE FEAST BEGINS

Why 66?

>Raw ASS
>not going for our lord and savior the Millwood Axe
That thing annihilates in PVE. I use it at 27 Str to speedrun through higher NG levels.

Is there anything more satisfying than baiting a roll with affinity and then getting a hit with great soul dregs while flattening them with dark edge all at the same time? this combo is guarenteed to work 9/10 times.

holy fuck that music

2h 66str = 99str
2h 27/40 = 40/40

>the steam rating of ashes of andriel
Seriously? I just beat it for the first time and felt it's length was perfectly fine. The atmosphere was good, the final boss was fun as fuck (although she gets stunlocked so easy if you play with fast weapons), the enemies were challenging and the levels felt mazelike but still well designed. I totally felt like it was worth the money and don't see why people are bitching. Is the dark souls fanbase mainly comprised of grovelling idiots who scream when something isn't perfect or am I just easy to please?

What do you expect from a game where every boss is ADHD SUPER FAST MEME where you constantly have to dodge left and can get 1-2 quick R1s after their combos before having to play dodging simulator 2017 again.

Slower weapons are just a pain to use, and is absolutely boring to play unless you like doing 1 r1 every 5-8 seconds during bosses.

Sure, I need a sage rapier transferred myself

set pass to dsgg and put down a red sign here

These guys are way too overheated. They need to chill the fuck out. Seriously though, fighting them with this thing is a breeze. And to think they gave me the cold feet every other time I fought them.
The only thing almost as fun as 66 str is ____65____

So did people here actually like the DLC? Almost everywhere I look it's just nonstop bitching about the angels and Midir.

I personally loved the DLC, including those aspects.

>Inb4 ironshitapple do the same video

why is it disliked

Came back for the DLC
Is poise fixed yet?
Is this +3 Wolf ring literally useless?

I liked Midir
I hated everything else.
But that's probably more because I hated DS3 overall than the DLC itself

From best to worst

>PvE gameplay
Bloodborne
Dark Souls 3
Dark Souls 2
Dark Souls 1
Demon's souls

>PvP gameplay
Dark Souls 2
Dark Souls 1
Dark Souls 3
Bloodborne
Demon's Souls

>Atmosphere
Bloodborne
Demon's souls
Dark Souls 1
Dark Souls 3
Dark Souls 2

>Originality
Demon's Souls
Bloodborne
Dark Souls 1
Dark Souls 2
Dark Souls 3

>Music
Bloodborne
Dark Souls 1
Dark Souls 3
Demon's Souls
Dark Souls 2

>Story
Bloodborne
Dark Souls 1
Demon's Souls
Dark Souls 3
Dark Souls 2

Yeah, I think it's one of the best Souls DLCs.
Actual challenging fights, fun weapons.
Miracle that doesn't suck.

where are the abyss crabs

For raising cancer awareness.

The DLC is as long as AotA, so I'm not sure either. Granted, AotA had 3 fantastic bosses (and even Sanctuary Guardian was pretty legit), while AoA had 1 fantastic boss and one forgettable boss.

I was about to bitch at you but I actually agree with pretty much all of this. Personally i'd put PVE DS2 over 3 because I feel like the PVE allows for more build variety since everything isnt a fucking hyper speed super saiyan but otherwise yeah

lol infinite stunlocks return, bravo miyazaki

>skip around in the video
>switches outfit several times
>always full sets
>no preacher head
>that music
What the fuck is wrong with japs?

I can actually agree with this 100%. Well done.

If you took your time to take in the surroundings and search for stuff instead of just rushing ahead and not exploring at all then yeah its fucking short

>PvP
>Dark 1 & 2 above BB
BB had 10/10 PvP, when it connected

>DS1 PVP over DS3 PVP
Lol no.

I agree with everything but Originality, OST, and Gameplay.

DaS3 should be at the bottom of all 3 categories.

Forest ganking is literally the pinnacle of Dark Souls PVP. 3's gank areas just can't compare.

I think I remember trying to pvp in bloodborne multiple times but only being able to find another player once

Managed to get a good screenshot of this fucker while invading a random guy

YOUR TOP 5 MUSIC TRACKS FROM SOULS GO

Aldia, Ludwig, Champion Gundyr, SoC, Gehrman

PARTAKED

One fun area doesn't make the whole of its PVP good.

>his axe is already geared up
This guy is so fucking ready for us it's unbelievable.

>forgot I was on NG++
>this fucker could one-shot me
That was a trial

DS1 poise is cancer and I'm glad it's dead

Agreed, backstabbing in the forest is far more fun than backstabbing anywhere else.

>P A R T A K E
>THE FEAST BEGINS

what do the mean by this?

Hail the Nightmare never gets a lot of love, but it was one of the most effective souls/bb soundtracks for setting a mood for an area. I was losing my shit the first time I went to Yahar'Gul.

I'd say DS2 actually has the worst PVE due to how slow it is and how many of its bosses are just guys in armour damage sponges.

It baffles me that of all the glitches they didn't reintroduce toggle escaping to make the combat somewhat enjoyable.

That they fear not the dark, friend

Does nobody actually know?

t. dexfag

Ludwig, Abyss Watchers, Soul of Cinder, Ash Lake, Cleric Beast

my sign will be down for when you switch

Gehrman
Executioners chariot
Ludwig
Dragonslayer
Twin princes
(3rd form Gael)

Aldia
Astraea
Ludwig
Gehrman
Friede

>the abhorrent invasion system
>good

there were only 2 (TWO) areas you could be invaded in the entire game if you weren't a co-op shitter

even if you did co-op you could still completely protect yourself from invasions by killing a loud enemy somewhere in the level

Dark Souls 2 had the worst PvE and PvP by the simple fact that the engine was a piece of shit.

Maiden Astraea
Looking Glass Knight
Gascoigne
Twin Princes
Gael

This, can confirm.

I know exactly what you mean. The first trip to Yahar'gul is one of my most memorable Bloodborne experiences. The whole place has this eerie "you shouldn't be here" atmosphere to it.

Cheers m8

Gehrman
Laurence
Gwyn
Ornstein and Smough
Ludwig

>make a new character for the new dlc because its a tradition
>play through the game up to the ringed city
>get halfway through it
>new weapons give me ideas for more characters
>want to make a new character more than continuing to play the one I have now
>tfw this always happens

Yeah totally a dexfag you fucking retarded dingleberry, not like I could use poise to tank shit using falchion.

>not having a pve god character to test all the weapons

never made a pyro before

how to improve this

Game really had some top tier spooks. The first visit to Upper Cathedral Ward is way up there too.

Who were these people the Locusts were telling us about?

I recognised Alva, I assumed the scholar was a reference to Aldia, and the heavily armoured knight was supposed to be the guy dressed up as Morne.

Who was the girl who killed her kin, and the other one?

Ws the girl who killed her kin on the the Sable church sisters?

Facts about P A R T A K E meta

The preacher's arm weapon art DOES NOT scale with Intelligence, only STRENGTH

It benefits from Leo Ring

Equipping two arms allows you to alternate arms by spamming L2

Very good taste

Decent taste

Shit taste

Good taste

Bad taste

(me)
Best taste

Hey guys, I'm back from my broken controller 6 month hiatus. I still haven't bought any of the DLC as I haven't finished the main game yet. Should I get it and include it in my "first play-through" or finish the game at least once before getting the DLC?

At what point in the game do you get access to the stuff anyway, I literally just made it to undead settlement on a fresh character.

>talking about PvP gameplay
>bahh i can't invade shitters

Girl was Sirris, I think the scholar who seek Dark is either Aldia or Ledo.

Parry backstabs made DaS1 ganking the WORST in the series.
Not to mention all those blessing chuggers.

Lower str down to base and don't use parting flame

Maybe trade a bit of health/vit for one extra attunement slot, pyromancies used to be super efficient but then they nerfed chaos fireball to have the same cost as bed of chaos more or less, so it's good to have extra juice and an extra slot

Lastly, be SL120 and 40fth/40int

The One who craves Souls
Sir Alonne's theme
Ludwig's theme.
Sully's Theme
Abyss Watchers theme

>ay this dlc is pretty cool
>check all this cut content

fukin god damn it From, at least remove it completely so we dont have to know what it is weve lost

ringed knight set still pretty great though

>bloodborne
>legitimately oppressive atmosphere that makes you constantly on edge throughout the game through sound design and aesthetic alone
>dark souls 3
>has an area where randomly picking up an item will make obnoxiously loud jumpscare sounds and a village full of crows that make obnoxiously loud jumpscare sounds

to be totally fair bloodborne's crows were loud too but not AS loud

First dlc is at the cathedral of the deep
Second dlc is at the kiln of the first flame, or after you beat the final boss of the first dlc

trgrd?

time to learn to stand still my man
parry bs only eases the timing
unless you're on console, then good luck

>The preacher's arm weapon art DOES NOT scale with Intelligence, only STRENGTH
oh good, is 40 str good?

The scholar is the guy who you can give scrolls to. He is searching for knowledge, affiliated with the dark (Yuria says he's trying to be Lord of the Hollows) and kills himself in the Grand Archives (realized his knowledge is useless)

Just killed Gael, great fight. But I have one question: Where the fuck is the pygmy who was memed about here? The one who says "The curse of the abyss shall take the gods"? Quite furtive indeed.

Also, take like 7 points off vig and put them in end for a more balanced spread. Spells cost stamina too.

Also lastly, that pyromancy I forget the name of with the pink orb icon that mind controls enemies, that shit is fucking rad, don't forget to get it and use it.

>Ledo set is cut content
Forever i shall be mad

Drop your END to base, You don't need that much stamina.
Keep your VIG at 30.
Put those points into INT/FTH

Make sure you are using base stats for the weapon.

"And so she lived in fear, of the dark, of the things that gnaw'd at her flesh and yet the abyss hath yet to produce any such creature."

>the insects in gnaw are actually little locusts who came from the outside and evolved in the abyss muck, not born from the abyss