Fact: the speed limit is not a minimum

Fact: the speed limit is not a minimum.
It's a maximum.

Whenever you witness speeding, jot down license plate numbers, get a 2nd witness and file a formal complaint with the police.

You can contact the local police about forming a Community Speed Watch group. Community Speed Watch is an informal speed management process involving the use of speed guns at the roadside. Volunteers are trained and supported by either the Police or PCSOs. Vehicle details of those exceeding the relevant speed limit are recorded with drivers receiving warning letters.

Personally, I also enjoy driving below the speed limit to relax. Note there are sometimes minimum speed limits. Be sure to check with local laws first.

Other urls found in this thread:

smogspotter.com/
arb.ca.gov/enf/complaints/smoke.htm
tceq.texas.gov/airquality/mobilesource/vetech/smokingvehicles.html
deq.utah.gov/ProgramsServices/programs/air/mobilesource/smokingcar.htm
cabq.gov/environmentalhealth/vehicle-emissions-testing/report-smoking-vehicle
colorado.gov/pacific/cdphe/smoking-vehicle-hotline
grammar-monster.com/lessons/vocative_case_commas.htm
grammarly.com/blog/comma-before-so/
google.com/#q=community speed watch
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I'd rather not care at all about others and ride at a good speed for my RPM/gear slightly below the maximum speed limit on the right lane.
No need to be a zealous cunt.

Kys yourself

There's this cunt that does this shit in my town. Rats out everyone.

Slashes her tires a couple months back. Hopefully she learns that rats get punished.

>TFW DOING 105MPH in a 35 zone so i can endanger all the chilluns

Those reports will be formally shredded unless you live in actual bumfuck nowhere

No, no... California encourages snitching. They'll look into it eventually.

Doubtful.

And still, that's one state. Where I live, cops are less likely to pull you over for speeding as they are for you to be swerving in the road.

>Slashes her tires a couple months back

>FBI
I'm sure they'll care

You are a humongous cunt.

>FBI cares about slashing someone's tires
Holy fuck gas yourself you autistic crybaby

The UK encourages snitching more than anyone else, and have hotlines to tattle on your neighbor for everything you could think of, stuff that isn't even a crime in other countries.

Two different people placed two different calls reporting the Manchester bombing suspect to a terror prevention hotline five years ago, and no action was taken. Chew on that.

It'll 404 by the time they read it

Fact: Humans are capable or driving automobiles without overbearing limits, regulations and rules. Yet the mass inability, ignorance, and lack of manners force the government to baby citizens en masse. Transportation, and the efficiency of everyone's time (and life as a whole) would increase if automobile speed limits were removed especially in long, open roads.

Have fun being cucked OP thinking you are doing good when in reality you are burdening local law enforcement, possibly ruining people's lives when they have not in and of itself commited an immoral act (their only action as far as anyone can know is only driving their automobile fast, the potential consequence of an accident is a mute point, you cannot predict the future) and taking up your own time for a meaningless and even destructive task.

OP is a cuck, everyone who drives slower than necessary is wasting their time sitting (an unhealthy act) and commuting on the road (an unproductive act that if we had the ability to surpass, we would in order to free our potential as individuals)

>You are a humongous cunt.
Why? Breaking the law should be punished.

Gonna lobby to make "being a cunt" illegal, then you'll be sorry.

How am I a cuck if I'm enjoying myself as I report parking infractions and speeding?
I'm retired and this is one of my favorite pastimes.

Dad, get the fuck off Veeky Forums.

What kind of boredom does it take to think reporting people for going 32 in a 30 is an enjoyable pastime?

>drivers receiving warning letters.
oh man I'm so fucking scared some fucking soccer mom didn't like it I passed her slow ass on a multi-lane highway so she took my license plate and sent me a letter

Into the fucking trash it goes. If a cop doesn't see it it doesn't count you dumb fucks. Police don't give a shit about the "community speed watch" program, they're annoying cunts that only get in the way

Your reports do literally nothing unless a cop sees it

While you're at it, you can also report coal rollers.

Take a picture of the license plate and the smoke. Fines are up to $5000, depending on the state.

Nevada: smogspotter.com/
California: arb.ca.gov/enf/complaints/smoke.htm
Texas: tceq.texas.gov/airquality/mobilesource/vetech/smokingvehicles.html
Utah: deq.utah.gov/ProgramsServices/programs/air/mobilesource/smokingcar.htm
New Mexico: cabq.gov/environmentalhealth/vehicle-emissions-testing/report-smoking-vehicle
Colorado: colorado.gov/pacific/cdphe/smoking-vehicle-hotline

>slashing tires is a "mission of national security"

>prius driver

Hope someone rolls coal in your eyes so you go blind you insufferable waste of semen.

You seem to refer to the law as a manifestation of all which is "good" in this world which is not the case. From the perspective of allowing citizens their autonomy and freedom, laws are the exact opposite and their purpose is often contsested and debated. It can be said though that the basis of government is only to go so far as the "social contract" or agreement from the willing citizens. Understanding these concepts (maybe you don't) you must then question the ultimate morality and purpose of your actions.

Indeed, the time you enjoy wasting is not time wasted. But you are engaging in a meaningless activity which only holds purpose in a narrow sliver of the spectrum of life. It also holds negative energy as you are in "conflict" with the fellow humans which you inhabit the earth with. You may claim otherwise, but no doubt you commit illegal acts. Would you like your fellow man to "big brother" you at every turn? Hpw many people make mistakes, get away with it, are grateful for it and are in whole "good" people. Yet if everything was reported all the time, many lives would be ruined by restrictions on their driving license or even the prison industrial complex.

>angry hippies SO mad they have to report other drivers

Reminder to always report grammar violations.

grammar-monster.com/lessons/vocative_case_commas.htm
grammarly.com/blog/comma-before-so/

>"Another day at the office, a lot of important investigations to get to"
>"Where should I start? Missing persons? Terrorism? Pedophiles? Cults?"
>Ah, I know! I have to put that evil tire slasher behind bars"

I missed one. Sorry.

Boomers were a mistake

Wow I remember when I posted about cunts like OP snitching on me (nothing happened of course. Cops have to see it with their own eyes) it seemed the whole of Veeky Forums was acting like OP. Now everyone is on my side. Wtf

Law enforcement used to be on the side of the responsible working man, but now they just make sure you get your daily pozzing by the local dindus and mudslimes while making your life miserable in other ways when they have a spare moment.

I linked to the incorrect poster previously, and will continue on a point. You are a retired man, are you happy? Do you find purpose and meaning to get up everyday? Where is your family, your children? Have you contributed to the world in a meaningful way or positively impacted the lives of those around you?

These are much more serious aspects of life than reporting automobile drivers/owners for disobeying the law. If the health of your mind, body and spirit and the health of those around you are not in order, you have problems to deal with in your personal life rather than dabbling into the lives of others. Clean your hands before you point the finger. Live everyday making a positive impact on the world, not cucking it. Don't like people disobeying driving laws? Contribute to the implementation of ideas by visionaries such as Elon Musk, who seeks to create driverless cars and mass automotic transportation which would remove these trivial problems you think are so deserving of the precious time you have left being a physical entity on this earth.

>Are you happy?
Do you find purpose and meaning to get up everyday?
Yes :)

>Where is your family, your children?
My daughter is married to a respectable man.
My son is behind bars since I reported him for substance abuse.

You seem to have ignored the majority of other points in my post. Why did you ruin your son's life? Do you fear him?

He ruined his life by abusing illegal substances.
Now he has time to think about his life. It will make him a better man, a better citizens, and a better neighbor.

Wow what a piece of shit. Family isn't supposed to report each other, you just him to change his ways and let him fall on his own if he doesn't. Not kick him down the fucking hole. What was your logic? "Oh he can't get drugs in jail so he'll be cured by force?" He's getting them. And he won't know how to function in society after getting out. You've made a lifetime criminal out of someone who was merely an addict before. Seriously hop into your fucking grave right now you geriatric sack of trash.

I can't believe how many people you managed to troll.

Wew

Awesome thread OP I'm sure you're totally not baiting

No sir. There is absolutely no guarantee of that. In fact, statistics would suggest the contrary. You have forcibly immersed him INTO a world populated by criminals and deviant minds. Why didn't you, as his father, talk to your son and assist him in curing his drug addiction? Rather than throw him into the prison industrial complex. Understand, prisons MAKE MONEY off people being in them. Workers there as typically just as involved as a McDonald's cashier. Think anyone is devoting time and effort into curing your son's mind, body and spirit so that he can resist the temptation of drugs? Nope, nobody gives a shit, he is another number to keep in line, they probably treat him like shit. Perpetuating nehative emotions and feelings. His own father betrayed him, what support sysyem does he have in difficult times of need? He is alone, locked in a cage, removed from experiencing the outside world.

The law is not a joke to be ignored, mocked and trampled upon, It was his choice to flaunt the law and now he has to experience the consequences.
Why even have a law if it is not enforced?
There would be no point to it.

... and regarding the prison system. Sure, it may be ugly, but nobody is forced to enter it. If you don't like prison, do not break the law. It's very simple.

I have already addressed these points in previous posts. You are very detatched from reality, sir. Your son was on a path. You and your family could have assisted him in correcting that. Instead you have left it in the hands of uncaring strangers. He chose to do drugs, not get locked up. You are the only catalyst for him getting locked up.

I already addressed these things, it was clear that since this is your mentality you had issues in your personal life. Way to screw other people because you are innately unhappy.

>why so lawyers, drug rehabilitation centers, judges, Supreme Court exist if the law is so perfect and set in stone.

Keep shilling dumb fucks. Sheep like you contributed to Hitler's abuse of power

Daily reminder that the US would not be a country if it had not broken British laws.

Fact: speeders are statistically safer. Even the cops speed.

Burger legislators and bootlickers CAN NOT UNDERSTAND road safety. At all. They don't even let motorcycles filter to the front of jams and lights but in California riding between cars on the highway is fine. Wtf America do you want everyone to die? Burgers set the speed limit at 55 for a deserted highway and then fool their cities with 45mph statutes that turn into 30mph straights once the houses start... So the speed in a residential area is 45mph, as wood variations in speed are often ignored. Wtf again. In a sane nation, it's 30mph max in all cities. Americans can drive anything right away, corvette or hayabusa, and licenses are handed out to anyone with a pulse. Wtf.

BUT FORGET ALL THAT Y'ALL GOTTA MAKE SURE NOBODY DOES 65 DOWN THE INTERSTATE WHAT IF THEY HIT A HITCHHIKING NUN

>Whenever you witness speeding, jot down license plate numbers

Just write a letter to your legislators to change the privacy laws to allow insurance companies and law enforcement to access car driving data. Most modern cars now phone home the vehicle driving data (speed, GPS, mileage, selected or commanded OBD2 info) to the manufacturer databases. GM's OnStar is just one of many systems that has speed data.

I was told that if you are doing 5mph below the limit, you are impeding traffic and can get a ticket for that

>Be me
>Be responsible adult
>Be head co-headchairman of the ASANS(Anti Speeder Authority Notification Society)
>Park our cars, incognito, by busy streets and highways to catch criminals in the act
>Once we see these hoodlums, we alert our nearby brothers and sisters to close in on the target, at a safe speed of course
>Have caught over 250 people so far, and had them rightfully tickets
>Cops love us, and even buy us food for our stakeouts
>Chairman is a woman(so chairwoman), so we know we're in good, safe hands here
>Only time we've ever let a suspect get away, is some evildoer in a civic, clearly modded, doing over 200
It gives me a warm sense of happiness to know I am helping our society out by keeping the streets clean of these do-no-gooders. I'd advise you all to do the same, and start up your own ASANS to rid the world of this filth.

>Whenever you witness speeding, jot down license plate numbers, get a 2nd witness and file a formal complaint with the police.

That doesn't work because speeders exist everywhere and because your complaint is just a general speeding complaint that has no specific solution point. You need to word it in such a way there is a solvable target. For example, say that speeders are frequently running the stop sign instead of slowing down. Or that speeders are regularly going through the school zone so a speed camera is needed.

If I get a ticket in the mail because one of you cunts writes me up for going 40 in a 35 I swear to god I will track you down everywhere you go and write all of you up for every fucking infraction I can find and report it to the police. I will make it so one of your shitty Societies never exists in the city ever again. I will make it my personal mission to make your life hell. Get off of my board and pray that I don't get a ticket from you.

How do you even prove they were speeding
>heh heh, heh officer, me and my buddies caught this dude doing CRIME
Yea ok

This pretty much. Get the fuck off our board. You're lucky this guy says he will fuck with you legally because I'm just as likely to slash some tires if not an outright driveby.

>mfw i can take corners above the maximum

feels good being fast

>Disney cartoons dancing like niggers

How can this possibly be the best and worst timeline at the same time?

Go ahead, try it. Try and strike us down. Just remember, for if you strike us down, we shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine.

You think I will stop when your society falls? You think I will care? I will make it my personal life mission to monitor your driving 24/7. I will write you up for everything. I will write your friends and family up for everything. Your mom going 5 over? Get ready for a ticket. Eventually your insurance company will drop you. You will come to me begging to stop, but I won't. I will move into your neighborhood, join the HOA, and make it so you can't do anything short of moving. So I really hope you are ready to start this war because I swear to God I will finish it.

Yeah, that doesn't work.

If the officer didn't witness the offense then it didn't happen. I mean I suppose he could write a ticket but it'd get shot down in court immediately. More than a few of those and court will take a very dim view of the officer clogging up their docket with bullshit.

You can't monitor what you can't see. We operate in the shadows, we are ethereal. Just when you think you've avoided our ever encompassing grasp, we've already got you.

You will obey the law. You will obey the posted speed limit. You will become a model citizen. Or else.

>You can't monitor what you can't see

I will see you though. You think hiding in your car will work? What will happen when I organize the 250 people you gave speeding tickets to? I will have an army of pissed off drivers who were probably only going a few miles over. You will be found. I will find you and I will make your life a hell you can't imagine. I won't physically harm you or anyone you know, that isn't the point. The point is to send a message. You think your identity is safe and that you and your friends are cute just sitting with a radar gun in a car on the side of the street, but radar guns can be tracked and if it is coming from some randy care then I know who is sitting in it, some prick who thinks they are safe in the their little cocoon. I will make it so you won't see me coming, I will tear you down until you move and even then I will pursue you.

"The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact."

You're either really dumb or just that gullible.

I live in a different country you fucking retard. Holy shit can you really be this autistic?

Why do people keep replying to this?

Fun fact, you have no legal obligation to adhere to yellow speed signs

Reported your post to the grammar police.

>sees you writing down my license plate
>NOT SO FAST, KID
>*slows down and gets behind you*
>pshh, nothing personal
>*pits you into a guardrail*
>kid

>tfw radar detector that works cash
>go 90mph+ triggering boomers
>some actually do try to catch me
>mfw

lmao

>If the officer didn't witness the offense then it didn't happen.
No, in my state, unmanned traffic cameras are sufficient. It's just in those places, the organized speeder catcher white knight group gets training after a security and background check. Then they get issued officially calibrated equipment. They are basically speed trap cameras but self-guided to target speeders. So that is why the recorded evidence is accepted for a speeding ticket after review.

You can contest it of course. But then you are up against the same defense as with the speeding cameras.

>implying incarceration makes better individuals

Jail does not and never has acted in any way shape or form as rehabilitation for criminal or substance abuse behavior. Your blind faith in the state is both concerning and amusing and your son will return to your life a complete monster.

My local ASANS recently added Bluetooth to our arsenal. It's not uncommon for juvenile boyracers to use OBD2 adapters. These adapters have unique MAC addresses that can be scanned from afar. Most of them are completely unprotected and reveal the vehicle's speed.
We installed cheap Raspberry Pi microcomputers with Bluetooth adapters all over our ASANS network to keep track of repeat offenders. This setup runs on batteries too. A cheap $15 USB battery pack can power a Raspberry Pi for a day easily. We simply record all MAC addresses, attempt to connect to the OBD2 adapter and read its speed. At the end of the day, the data is transmitted to a server running a simple SQL database.

Data mining is then performed on the server, where there is no limit due to battery life.

If your network is tight enough, you can triangulate the car's position! This can be combined with OpenStreetMaps which knows the speed limits. Our software can then point out the IDs of all the criminal drivers AUTOMATICALLY. Very nice.

Of course many cars don't have Bluetooth OBD2 readers. That's why you should add another tool to your arsenal:

RTL-SDR -- software-designed radio. These cheap USB dongles are capable of picking up GSM signals, and in turn the IMSI of any mobile phones traveling in the vehicle. GSM itself is encrypted but the IMSI is not.

Keywords to search for:
* Raspberry Pi
* OBD2 Bluetooth
* RTL-SDR
* Osmocom

You will need someone well-versed in Linux and programming. Our group tends to release the monitoring software as open source. Maybe we can work together and make a turnkey solution so that speed watchers all over the country can use it without technical expertise.

Best regards

Which boots taste better, local or state police?

P.S. You can estimate the speed by high frequency triangulation of cell phone signals too, but it's not very reliable and needs a higher number of monitoring stations.
However it is a great way to narrow down the target population.

Also, once you know the IMSI, you can track the racers outside of their vehicle, in shopping malls, and other popular locations, and investigate further.

Fuck you Hitler was great. Without him we wouldn't have the Autobahn.

Never, ever judge an entire person for one post, it makes you look silly.

You remind me of a guy in another imageboard who was complaining about a guy getting out of the shithole and being happy, and gone all:
>OH MY GOD DUDE DO YOU EVEN LIKE YOUR GF?
>DOES YOUR GF LIKE THE SAME THINGS AS YOU
>YOUR FRIENDS DON'T EVEN FUCKING CARE ABOUT THE THINGS THAT MADE YOU
>YOU WILL REGRET WHEN YOU REACH YOUR DEATHBED, AND I WILL LAUGH, KNOWING YOU WASTED YOUR LIFE

he just sperged out when he was on a board made for self-improvement and somebody actually achieved self-improvement
then the guy said, "I feed off negative emotions, i feel better off when everybody is the same as me", like holy shit,

>tfw most people in this thread still think you're being serious

The possibility of tracking cars by their cell phone is actually a bit scary, now that I think about it.

Virtually everyone carries one, and the phone blasts its unique ID over the ether constantly, especially when driving as it hands over the signal from tower to tower.

What he's saying is true but I doubt that he's actually part of some anti speeder cuck club

>The possibility of tracking cars by their cell phone is actually a bit scary,
Divorce lawyers use the cell tracking data to convince the judge marital infidelity occurred. So not just criminal case lawyers use it, but civil cases too.

Yes but they get it from providers with subpoenas.
However anyone can track cell phones (in proximity) with a $20 software-defined radio

le mayo kill you're shelf you autistic retard

Difference is those are state owned. I've contested multiple traffic cameras and won every time because no officer cares to show up.

Basically, if you dont contest them, you're an idiot. You can get away scot free

Enjoy your Alzheimer's, Grampa.

Called the cops on this asshole from Colorado in a blacked out Yukon.

Prick passed me on the right as I was passing a Semi like I was standing still and I was going 80.

Prick was pulled over in the next county 20 miles later.

Well done, brother

Large Government was a mistake...

This. Kill all niggers.

Jesus Christmas you idiots. Stop. Replying. This is painfully obvious bait

Nobody likes a rat.

Rats like other rats :^)
Hence Speed Watching Societies.

google.com/#q=community speed watch

Patriotic citizens upholding the law.

My parents and me work with cops all day. Whenever they see us they pull us over just to chat with us. Nothing's gonna happen kiddo.

For our friends, all. Everybody else, the law.

Why do we allow old people to live?

Please tell me they getting paid for this

if you're going to be this autistic, at least learn to use punctuation properly.