What color is your car, and what color do you wish your car was?

What color is your car, and what color do you wish your car was?

I have a black Mk5 GTI and I love it but I wish every day I'd gotten an orange one. I never saw one for sale and about a week after paying cash for this one, an orange one shows up on craigslist for about $1000 more. I'd pay that. Whatever my next car is, it will be orange, I won't stop looking until I get it.

You? And how do you feel about getting your car repainted and changing the color? I probably wouldn't do it, afraid it'd look obvious and drop the value.

green

looks like this

Black FoST.
Sometimes I wish I got a color that didn't show fucking everything.

Damn that is a good look

it's speed yellow

Im happy with it, i think it looks fantastic. But sometimes i wish it were a llittle less exotic color, something that doesn't get that much attention, like blue or that beautiful metallic green some came in.

I ain't changing the color though. Shit's good.

Red mazda 3. I like it since there are so few red cars on the road in general, and feel like I got the best color choice. But I've seen some blacked out ones that look insane. Next car is gonna be black for that reason, all blacc everything

i have weird tastes

Only time it's ever worth it is if it's a super rare car or there's significant enough damage to the paint that you may as well repaint the whole thing.

You would have to basically kill yourself wetsanding to get a really good looking DIY paintjob in your own garage or spend a good amount of money renting out a facility. Either way you'd spend a lot of money on average quality car paint or a fortune on the quality stuff.

If you really wanted orange that bad, it would've been better for you to just buy it and sell the first one you bought.

As far as the topic is concerned, I got a dark metallic grey. Sometimes I wish i had silver since the metallic flake in the grey doesn't look very good in bad weather, but then I give it a good wash/wax and it looks fucking amazing.

Yeah I'm committed to this black GTI now, so I won't be repainting it or selling it or anything, but what a missed opportunity. I'm thinking of just hanging on to this car for a while and in about a year selling it and putting that money towards a new FiST. Orange of course.

I have magic blue volvo s80. Hard to find good photos of the color In bright light it has a little bit of purple in it too. I was originally looking a pearlescent white but magic blue is a good second choise.

It was called silver spruce. It's just silver with a touch of green.

I don't have a prefered color when it comes to car. I just look at it, and either like it or not, sometimes the same color might look good on a car, and shit on another.

I like the color of my car because it's the only one I've ever seen in this color, the other AE101s around are either white or red.

Gen1 MPS in red is a thing of beauty.

blue

BLUE

blue is best color

All of my this. Nothing beats a nice deep blue

bright blue is cool though

Fun car
Is: Red.
Wish: Red. Da red wunz go fasta.

Daily driver
Is: Dark blue
Wish: Silver, so all the swirls are less invisible.

I have a Molten Orange FiST and it's amazing how clean it appears even after a couple of days. My previous car was black, and while it looked good when it was cleaned, it didn't last long.

Get the orange trimmed seats too, the grey cloth just looks strange to me now.

That colour looks great, much better than the white.

Car is white. That's the color I want my car to be.

I have a Crystal Blue Miata. It's an okay color when it's in good condition, but probably has too much silver in it. Mine needs a repaint, you're probably right that a different color devalues the car, but so does having it repainted at all. In any case you're probably not going to get out what you put in. I wouldn't mind a greener color like Java Green or Ipanema Blue, but I'd probably only do a color change if I could cover everything including the interior firewall. Loud greens will be tougher to sell regardless of original paint.

thanks for the neck exercise, really needed that

Do you have any availability tuesday afternoon for a cut, perm, and style?

Race Red all day

Dark Metallic blue is so nice so glad I got it (BLU MAGNETICO)

That being said someone at work has a Mazda 6 with a white pearl metal flaked paint and when that is clean and in the sun it looks so nice.

fuck that's a pretty nice colour, but I've always been a fan of red or dark blue 850/v70

Mine is chalky red/pink now, I wish it was red like it used to be before the sun raped it

This is the exact car I want. I'm considering getting a slightly used one financed.

I really wanted the dark green, Ford calls it guard, with black wheels. But black on black is really growing on me

Das it mang.

>BLUE
>blue
>BLUE
>blue
>tfw you wanna buy a new fiesta st but they don't sell it in blue anymore

Orange is best

Felt a few cracks myself

Own a black volvo c30
Wish it was rebel blue

They don't make blue FiSTs? What about a FoST?

Blue.
Wanted: Blue.

Black. While I do like it, I would have preferred the Laser Blue offered on my car.

Carneol red, bending from red to almost purple.

I'd like to try matte red.

Pic related.

FD3S

Currently faded black with mismatched red bumper.

Really want a deep black with a slight midnight purple pearl.

Indic Blue Focus ST Estate.

Wish I could've gotten it in Magnetic Grey but while that color is available on Fiestas, Mondeos, standard Focuses and Focus RS, it is not available for the ST.

Black is honestly only classy choice to go with.

Nice econobox

MK5 GLI

I agree OP, the orange is pretty rad.

Red, but with some peeling because Subaru

Dark green or dark bl

Blue, fug.

volvos have nice paint. its just wasted because most people have no taste and order drab shit like silver

But they do still make them 2017 model in blue or my local ford dealer does not know yet that they stopped making them. It is still listed available for performance blue or deep impact blue and they just announced a couple of weeks ago a new model and it is available in blue.

I got mine last year, it's a 2014 and had just under 10k miles on it. Got it for a steal as well as they had listed the car as a standard ST instead of the ST3, only noticed when I saw the cruise controls on the steering wheel.

I brought this up in /org/ but this thread is relevant too. Anyone on Veeky Forums ever plastidipped their car? I've never tried it but it seems like a good cheap non-permanent way to get a specific color car. Doesn't tank your value, serves to protect the factory paint underneath. Peels off clean if enough is applied. Plus I happen to think a clean matte finish looks pretty good and eye catching on a car since most cars are glossy.

I'm so tempted to try this.

Black 2016 f150
White or silver.
I made a big mistake getting black and now I live with scratched to fuck paint.

Blue w/ rust and patina
One day I'd love to to repaint it the factory blue but for now a simple clear coat would do fine over the patina.

Got my FiST in Kona Blue, didn't really think much of it when I got it, it was just what the dealer had, but it's grown on me since I've had the car. It's just about impossible to see in any whole-car pictures, but it actually has a lot of metal flake in it, which looks really nice (to me anyway) when seen close up.