Weird stuff we love

>Weird stuff we love
I'm from Europe and I REALLY fucking love squared US-type licence plates. Government in my country doesn't let me randomly get US-type plates unless I have absolutely physically no way to put Euro format plates on my car (i.e. the plates need to be bent or frame holder/space is too narrow/small). And even if I want to pay additional shekels - they still won't give me just because I want to for aesthetic reason. Fucking jews.

Pic very related. Don't tell me it doesn't look better than Euro spec.

Other urls found in this thread:

ebay.com/itm/93-94-95-AUDI-90-TAIL-LIGHTS-REVERSE-LIGHTS-BRAKE-LIGHTS-OUTER-AND-INNER-/271837585297?hash=item3f4ac85f91:g:EgcAAOSwPgxVK8qG&vxp=mtr
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

There's an easy explanation for that.
You like big butts.

The tiny plates make the butt look bigger than the enormous Europoor plates.

a lot of American car guys wish they could run a jap plate or euro style

grass is greener etc

I do prefer bigger butts. But you must admit - US format plates objectively look better on 99% of all cars. It changes to a more aggressive look and "reduces" unnecessary size. Fucking Europe, get your shit together. I understand using "wide" plates, but why restrict it only to them? Why don't I have an ability to get small (US) plates whenever and for whatever reason I want?

Pic related - just look at this juicy ass. Euro plates make it look like piss.

>Weird stuff we love

Hypermiling and autistically keeping track of all fuel usage, MPGs, etc

Why don't Americans have the choice to use long plates?

I prefer euro plates on the S2 though, since they keep the full lightbar effect. US-style plates break up the center section.

Jap plates are dope too, but really difficult to get them here in Eastern Yurop.

Some people even pay twice, if not more, money just to get US-spec trunk. Wonder if that's really common elsewhere. It is really a patience requiring work. Some dude searched two years until he found Golf Mk4 US-spec bumper on sale. Bought it probably for enormous amount of money. Shit is crazy.

>muh aggressive look
Also stop living in a shithole. Here in Germany you can not only physically shorten your license plate alongside a custom combination ...

... but you also apply for US format plates (smaller actually for no apparent reason) simply by mounting the US trunklid or rear fascia on your car.

Yeah that happens everywhere buddy. Even in countries where you don't get raped by ahmeds

As it they are in any way good. Not to mention US plates have those cool images in the background. So Euro plates are just dull and disgusting.

Its not like you have a choice other than euro plates. Good luck on finding USDM trunk. Also - haven't seen S2 in US. Was it ever sold there?

I think the S2 made it to the US, the RS2 was Euro-only.
And I doubt you'd need a full US-spec trunk lid, just the center light section and license plate mount. They're separate parts.

user, I CAN get US format plates if trunk is US spec. But otherwise you can't obtain it. An expert has to check whether its really necessary to give out US plates.

It is a very trivial and subjective thing and not something to be angry at your country for. At least be happy that you do have a way to get different style plates, unlike how it is in the USA

US plates are all pretty and shit, but in return I get my 30 dollar fine for speeding in the mail thanks to my camera readable ugly European plates, whereas Americans have to waste taxpayer money so cuntbag cops can dangerously stop them at the shoulder of the highway and fine them ridiculous amounts of money or alternatively arrest them or shoot them for a lack of "cooperation".

What's your fucking problem then, you whiny little bastard?

>And I doubt you'd need a full US-spec trunk lid, just the center light section and license plate mount. They're separate parts.
And used center light section is probably somewhere around 500 euros to buy from overseas.

True. Not many people from US import Euro cars, so no real reason to produce different plates.

To get them for whatever reason I want, anytime, in any situation, without any experts.

Stop being poor if you're so hell bent on being a special snowflake.

No S2 here in the US. We hardly got any of the cool Audis from back in the day. Just the ur-quattro and the S4.

Can confirm. US-spec Audis can run long plates with a lightbar swap and vice versa.

ebay.com/itm/93-94-95-AUDI-90-TAIL-LIGHTS-REVERSE-LIGHTS-BRAKE-LIGHTS-OUTER-AND-INNER-/271837585297?hash=item3f4ac85f91:g:EgcAAOSwPgxVK8qG&vxp=mtr
The entire tallight kit, US-spec, for $275. S2 lights are regular 80/90 parts.