I want a fun daily driver thats also functional, is there a better option?

I want a fun daily driver thats also functional, is there a better option?

what do you mean by functional?

used 335 use the rest of the money on tune/mods and repairs.

There are alternatives
>Civic Type R
>Focus ST
>BMW 135i

I think he means it can fit stuff and people.

>BMW 135i
Enjoy your trunk.

RSX TYPE S!!!!!

Yeah, good for 5 people, large trunk space alot of cup holder etc
A type R is far out of the price range
The st is a good alternate but is it more fun then the GTI?
And. The 1 series is not functional at all

Nothing used, I need it to be reliable

And specialy not a used bmw 3 series

Sorry i dint mention it has to be new and in the same price range, also i love in Mexico so we also have Seat amd Peagut down here idk of thay helps

>is there a better option?
here. Maximum fun. Only people who've driven them will understand.

>F i a t
>i
>a
>t

Not sure if you're a burger or not, but what about a Megane RS?

>needs to be reliable
>Volkswagen
huh

drive one. Was loads of fun. 12/10 fun car.

In the same boat as OP. Is there a better hot hatchback in the same price range as pic related?

Depends what country you are in but my inner economist says the ST since I'm American and have been dealing with VW repair bills the last 3 years.

no

Every ST owner I come across is a tryhard that cannot drive his car.

elantra sport doesn't feel as numb to drive as the gti. plus it's got plenty of room, decent oomph, and a long warranty.

I'm in the US

Definitely not me. I've owned similar cars in the past. Had an Eclipse GST some years ago.

I really wish they would sell some of those Euro cars in America.
Greater selection is always good.

Ah ok, then I would definitely recommend the GTI. I have a FiST and I'd most likely pick the GTI as my next car. Before getting the Fiesta I was looking at a used Megane RS or a new Swift Sport and I think I made the best choice.

Do you get the Scirocco in the US? I prefer the Golf but I rarely see the Scirocco get a mention here.

I've never seen them in the US, so I assume no. I checked 3 local VW dealerships and none of them carry it.

They have a ton of '17 GTIs for dirt cheap though, since they're getting the '18s in soon.

>Ford ecohatch built in Mexico
Ahahaha

What's your recommendation?

a civic for 3k. fun, and practical.

No, we don't get the Scirocco.

The only way (for a time anyways), to get a Scirocco was through HPA, and that would set you back six figures, although you'd get a Twin-turbo VR6 w/ AWD "sleeper" to boot.

I'd say go for it, it's basically the perfect all rounder. You should be able to push for a cheaper price even if they're discounting the 17 GTIs as well so don't just expect they're giving you their lowest price.

Make sure to get the tartan cloth, that adds 5bhp.

Camry plug in hybrid

Mazda3 with the 2.5l is really nice, though it's down on power compared to the GTI. Wish they would put the turbo from the CX-9 in it.

The Focus feels really cramped inside compared to the Golf

The build quality difference is actually noticeable. Saw a FoST and a FoRS last time I went to a Ford dealer. Panel gaps around the hatch on the ST were huge and really inconsistent compared to the German-built RS.