Getting a car for graduation tell me why it should be a focus rs

getting a car for graduation tell me why it should be a focus rs

2.3L turbo, 350hp, mother-fucking hot-hatch, and standard is standard.

really making me wonder how either WRX or Golf R32 will even compete but that's the test drive list

Buy an ss.
Unless you're hell bent on looking like a boy racer faggot.

>FWD

That's reason enough to not get it

Get out of my board faggot

It's ALL WHEEL DRIVE

WRX isnt competing with this car the STi is, this car is awful, have fun dding it with horrible understeer and it going into limp mode if you push it for more than 30 minutes.
Mazdas engine inside a shitly built car, what a waste.
it will limp into fwd after 30 minutes of pushing.

I stand corrected on this one but I agree with the poster above me about looking like a boy racer faggot

literally no one would take me seriously as a professional adult in a little kid car like an SS.

I feel like the rex has the same effect. Golf R is def the most grown up

Golf R32 if you're not a poor.

forgot to relate the pic
I'm not so this is really what I'm leaning towards. Daddy is already retired and he has millions in the bank but he doesn't spoil me THAT far. He'll ppay for my college and get me a car after but itll be a used one a few years old so there aren't really many .

30k is prob out of the range desu

graduating high school?

because hot hatches are fine if you're a teenager with a daddy that has too much money, but otherwise you'll look like a loser trying to relive his younger years.

>golf R32
These were always slow. Look it up. A 2009 R32 is as fast as a 2009 Camry V6

graduating college. but i am 25 (lol) so it can't be a HSish car

>and it going into limp mode if you push it for more than 30 minutes
more like 2 minutes of actually hard driving

>it will limp into fwd after 30 minutes of pushing.
is that what turbo lag is

Spending over 40k for a fucking 4 cylinder.

Have fun with the heat soak and constant electronic and turbo bullshit going out on your memeboost engine.

I'll stick with a real american sports car, not an overpriced import from ferd Europe

you'll look like a complete fag. think of a wigger in his mid to late 20s. that's you.

get a v6 camry or some sporty lexus if you don't want to look like a fag.

I did start to "just shave it" so I'm aware that this is a true possibility and only holds more true beecause this will be the last free car I'm getting to I plan on having it well into my 30s.

although I think I would rather have that perception in normies eyes than dd a v6 camry and just be invisible

damn, I didn't know

>Unless you're hell bent on looking like a boy racer faggot.
>buy an ss
Do you read what you type or what

Focus RS is "All Wheel Drive" the same way a Honda CR-V is. It's a FWD vehicle with a pencil thin drive shaft that can send no more than 30% of engine torque to an electronically controlled clutch pack that overheats after one lap around the track. It's almost always in FWD only mode and there's no use-defined torque split like the STI's drive-controlled center diff

fuck all those 5 door hatchbacks

why isn't anyone making a hot hatchback that's a 3 door

US market when

the RS is just one step under the type R in term of factory rice and the exhaust is ricy as fuck unlike the ponies.
Get something boring like an audi if you want to look professional.

Stop eating paint chips.

probably assumed Cobalt SS

Golf R is a gay little hatchback. So is the RS. You look like a boy racer.

The SS is the only car that looks adult. Funny too, I've only seen adults driving them. Only skinny beta college students drive WRX's, ST's, and GTI's.

By the way, no one knows or cares that you payed $15k more for the "R" version of your cute little race econohatch

If i wanted to full perfessional I wouldn't get some new money MIchael-Kors teir car like audi

I knew exactly what car he meant.

It's boyracer shit too

I realize now I'm being trolled.

The Chevy SS is boy racer shit just as much as the Focus RS is

Difference being one is 4 cyl and one is 8 cyl

Set to appeal to boyracers

You're projecting way too hard.

i dont care how fast it is or how fast you think it is, you'll look like a faggot and anyone who doesn't think so either drives the same thing, some gayer, or nothing at all

buy whatever you want, just remember that

why aren't you getting a bmw 3 series? don't you want a girlfriend user?

looks pretty fucking comfy desu

I drove a Focus RS before buying my Fiesta ST. Wish I could have afforded the RS, if you can, get it.

do you get pussy?

Projecting what? That's just what I've noticed. Only people on Veeky Forums like hot hatches. Except me I guess

Do you guys all vape too?

This is bait you fucking idiots

SAGE

just dont listen to pic related fags when they come in this thread

my life is bait lol conventional wisdowm would suggest thaht I am a pathetic loser but doesnt feel that way so i wont kms yet

Mk6 R bro here.

RS is without a doubt faster but as a daily you can't beat the comfy Audi tier interior

Actually wanting a ford

No. I did when I was driving a 2005 V6 convertible automatic Mustang but I'm pretty sure that was a fluke.

I also vape.

I actually did used to get a lot of pussy but now I have't for years and I am a 25 year old who lives at home and took 7 years to get a bachelors and already gave up and shave my head (fuck comb overs) so getting some wigger mobile is of concern cause that perception wouldnt really be off at all but i do want to actually be an adult now and go back to being a respected person who gets pussy even tho itll be harder now

>370z
fuck no

If getting pussy is your priority then you're going to have to start making choices that line up with that, I'm just doing my own thing right now and if that means no pussy so be it, massage parlors are always an option when I have the cash if things get really bad but jerking off on a regular basis keeps that shit at bay pretty well most of the time

>tell me why it should be a focus rs
It's like a WRX STi that isn't. Less copbait, but just as boyracer.

That being said, you could also buy a better platform like the Evo X or WRX STi and dump the difference in price into making either quicker as well as better-handling than a Focus RS. It sells purely off hype and marketing, and the aftermarket support is inferior to the aforementioned two.

You shouldn't be getting any car. A few hundred bucks a month would be most of a mortgage payment.

idk wtf poverty place you live in but a few hundred a month wouldn't even be half of what my rent will which wouldnt even be half of what a mortage payment would. I need a car, the jeep they got me when i was 17 is falling apart

you don't need a new car. fix the jeep. or go ahead and be irresponsible. kill yourself.

>jeep when they got me when I was 17

I'm still driving a honda I got in '97, stop buying american shit that keeps breaking.

no matter what I'm going to get a stick so I feel like I can't go with a fors or wrx cause that would just be too boy racer but a nice golf r is sleek and refined, yet fiesty and fun (I think). Idk I know im getting older but I'm not getting some economy sedan auto tragic not yet. I have the rest of my life to buy boring particle cars

>buying new
>buying a boring hatchback
get a mustang gt faggot. hot hatches are for europe.

no one is going to take you seriously as a professional adult if you buy a blue fucking hatchback with muh spoiler you absolute idiot

has the seating position of a fucking bus

You're either trolling or you don't know what the word you're spouting means

That car, does not in any stretch of the imagination appeal to ricers

The focus rs/st/etc as much as I like it, does.

Fuck off shit cunt

Nope, it's all time AWD that can send 75% of torque to the rear wheels. You're thinking of the Haldex ""AWD"" found in vagshit products.

>literally a malibu with a V8
>literally no one can tell it's not (insert midsize chevy cucksedan)
>somehow boyracer

this is a joke, right?

>muh take me seriously
People take your seriously if you aren't a beta cuck who makes decisions on what other people expect of you.

Get what you like the most OP, then enjoy and live with confidence.

>Merica fags get a full ride of uni and expect a brand new car for passing all their shit

What the fuck is this heresy?

never

scirocco will stop being produced this year

If you have to get a new car, it should be Mazda MX-5 RF. It will hold it's value longer. Ideally you'd drive it for 6 months and then try to sell it and buy a cheap shitbox because who gets a new 40k car for a graduation present? What a waste of money. You need to earn a new car or else you'll never truly appreciate it.

Only on Veeky Forums

A full size sedan with a rwd V8 is more of a boy racer car than a ford focus.

Well that's all I need to know about this board. I've seen too much. Having sold Subaru and Chevrolet, I can say with certain that I never sold an STI or WRX to anyone that didn't seem like a complete flat billed hat cape cheap tattoo beta faggot who loves at home and thinks fast and furious movies are the pinnacle of automotive culture and history. I have never sold ford but having been alive for 32 years I can say with confidence that nobody in a position of power or success in life thinks a Ford Focus is a respectable car.

I know you think its edgy and cheeky to think that you will be so awesome and cool in your hot hatch, but you will grow out of that. Things you thought were cool as a teenager dont always stay that way. What's worse is the 30 something year old guy still driving around in a car teenagers idolize and doing everything in his power to recapture his youth. But its too late. And that guy looks more and more desperate. And I know you say, I don't care what other people think. That's great and healthy attitude. But its really not true or you would just buy a Hyundai.

Dont mistake attainability of a compact car with a turbo for happiness. You wont be any more of a car guy than the old fag who buys a corvette with all his money and thinks he is awesome now even as he is too old to even enjoy it. I don't lime that guy any better. He's doing the same thing you are doing. Buying a car that looks cool to a small subset of car show culture but utterly useless in the long term because you will grow out of that phase.

Your car should be a utility that gives you great performance and capability and the ability to grow in life. Not just a stylistic choice that makes you and your significant other cringe in 6-10 years if you haven't moved on to a real car.

You will grow up and learn about what's important in life and its not impressing losers in Saturday night.

What in the fuck are you on about

>loves at home
Hi. Go to heaven.

>paying more than $500 /mo for rent
Wtf why do you live in such a lib shithole?

No, here in Australia the V8 commos are driven by bogans in their late 20s onwards

You hear them racing along the suburban streets in the moonlight.

If you hear the song of the V8 in the night, it's without a doubt that of the Commo

>MX5
He didn't say his profession was sucking cocks or cutting hair

>it's an insecure teenager projects his fantasies
You can look good in any car if you actually look good. If you're an autistic incel with a dozen complexes that's another story, though.

I can hear some cunt launching his 3.8L ecotec shitbox in the distance right now

You probably haven't stepped out of your basement much then. Go to any car meet and you'll see hot hatches everywhere.

Memes aside, they look pretty good.
And besides, they're mostly driven by old, fat guys or young guys with stickers.
Hairdressers drive Camry's.

>projecting this hard
Do you honestly care that much about what people think of you?

you guys sound fucking miserable. As much as I hate to admit it I do care somewhat about what people think, but if it'll illicit sperg outs like these I almost want it more.

For the record I think the car is ugly as fuck but the combination for practicaility and fun is hard to find. sedans are fucking stupid there is litrallyw no situation that any car wouldn't have more room for passengers and more room for cargo if it was hatch or small suv version

not realizing that cost of living is a direct function of economic opportunities. Sorry Cleetus, I wanted to make big city bucks instead of move to the boonies

Get the VW. The styling is more subtle and looks more professional.

>getting a car for graduation
how about not doing that and investing that money instead you stupid goy cuck

you know, you could have just posted a smug anime girl face and the "Only on Veeky Forums" statement instead.

Cause I need a car to get to and from work? And everywhere else I go? My car is over 10 years old over 100k miles and is on its last leg if they didn't buy me one now I'd end up spending my own money on it 3-4 years from here MAX.

plus I aready have a brokerage account I trade stocks on and only plan on throwing more money into that when I start being a real adult with an actual job

>My car is over 10 years old over 100k miles and is on its last leg
Did you never do any maintenance? This isn't the 50s

no and I run it on E constantly and way past oil checks one time the guy told me there wasn't a drop in there and he doesn't know how it didn't sieze up....when he came out and I was in the waiting room he just goes "hey...do you hate your car?" lol

>lol
Kill yourself

pretty sure I did actually lol when it happened

>kill yourself
>not kys
rip in peace mate

>My car is over 10 years old over 100k miles and is on its last leg
plus it's still at the point where they can get SOME value for it. bought it for 19k, say they get conservatively 5 back then I had the car for 7 years for 14 k which is 2k a year which is 166 a month. that's nothing.

Have fun with the insurance and repairs!

even my mother doesn't get these things, calls their drivers 'wannabe racers'

ur right bro, im a sperg, get your clown car and totally piss me off when you see me :^)

IDK how much your parents make breh but that's an expensive ass car. Its a $35,000 hatchback.

When or if they tell you no, say you want the ST which is a non-full retard model and costs half the price if you get a slightly used one.

I have an ST but I'm paying for it myself and am now in debt for it. I'd have an RS in a second though.

Good choice aut/o/bot just don't fucking crash it like a dipshit.

35k? Expensive? How fucking poor are you? That's a high schoolers car

What's it like being stupid?

>Insurance and repairs on a Ford
Wow yeah, he better watch out for those, it might come out to a whole thousand dollars per year if he's not careful. Maybe even two!

That's nothing, I know a kid personally whose parents are going to buy him a Rolls Royce Ghost once he graduates college.

>$35k
>high schoolers car
>$700 car payment because at best they'll have a couple thousand to put down and high interest because no credit
>not to mention insurance on a teenager with a boyracer car
I know you're baiting and even I made decent money in high school by working nearly full time, but goddamn, just no.

Is the insurance price a good reason?

>$700 a month car payment
>~$300 a month insurance
So it's about $12k annually
Not completely undoable for a highschooler but not realistic for most. At least, not without a little bit of daddy's money to help with the payments.

>t. Muhammed the foreign exchange student

Was your family poor or something growing up?

Not at all, but they sure as hell didn't just hand me money for stupid shit or pay my bills

>not moving to just outside the metropolitan area to keep land value low enough where rent is cheap

Also
>not living in a fly-over state
Dumb.

>that projection
>car salesman
>knowing anything about success

kys my man. considering a physician friend in his 50s just bought a RS and I own a STi as a pharmacist, I don't think you realize that most people don't give a fuck you man child.