Whats the best horsepower range for a v6?

Whats the best horsepower range for a v6?

Post good v6 cars

Other urls found in this thread:

topgear.com/car-news/supercars/powertrain-mercedes-amg-project-one-hypercar
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Depends on the weight. i prefer something like 3000-3300 lbs and around 320 HP. there are cars that could go under 3000 lbs and would be great with V6s but they are either kit-cars or carbon fiber tubs like the 4C.

i like the idea of a 400 HP V6 but forced induction has to be involved and id really rather go the light naturally aspirated route.

unless you're really strict on the V in V6, porsche has many n/a flat 6's over 400hp....especially the new gt3

RS5 V6 450 HP

V6 Challenger.

These things are hilarious to drive in non-highway traffic with a lot of stoplights. So much grunt in such a little, unassuming cuck crossover with AWD. Give these a split second of brake torquing before he ligt turns green, and you'll steel the merge from mustangs, sti,s etc that were not ready for you to get the jump on them.

Tpyota 2GR is a wonderful, revvy, long lasting v6 that ranges between 270-315hp. I'm sure it can make more than that easily. They are hamstrung by the toyota/lexus auto trans though. I think that the 2gr is going to be very popular in swaps into other cars, and connected to manuals in the future. You can already see this with it's use in Lotus as well as a few low volume producers put of the UK and continental Europe. Toyota keeps a cork on these things from really performing IMO. Much better than that coffee grinder VQ garbage from nissan / infiniti.

>2017
>450hp
>with power loss from an awd system
has VAG been living under a rock? they're fosho gonna get raped by alfa

I think 1000HP at 11000RPM sounds good

topgear.com/car-news/supercars/powertrain-mercedes-amg-project-one-hypercar

the amount of cylinders has literally no correlation with horsepower my man.

It kind of does. You make more power by revving higher, but you also make more power though displacement. A large engine with few cylinders becomes unbalanced easily, hits valve float sooner, and places more stress on the bottom end, limiting its max RPM. Increasing the number of cylinders means each cylinder can be smaller while the engine retains the same overall displacement. Smaller bore and stroke in each cylinder means higher RPM and therefore more power.

TLDR : more cylinders = less stressed engine for equal displacement = higher RPM = More power

Straight Six > V6

This is correct

>It kind of does.
It kinda doesn't.

A v6 can make 100hp or it can make 800. the fact that it has 6 cylinders means fuck all with the realm of reason.

there's v12s that make less than 100hp.

They are balanced a lot better.

Nigger did you even read any of my post? The amount of cylinders determines engine balance. It becomes difficult to make power when the engine is too large for the bottom end to handle.

215 HORSES OF PURE FURY

>good v6 cars
Oxymoron

Porsche designed the ecoboost v6

3500lb with 440bhp

yeah, that's why when you're going for max horsepower and torque you use v6s

look at all those top fuel dragsters using v6 engines...yeah man so many

its basically an F1 engine

I really like this project desu

not basically

literally

LITERALLY

the AMG Petronas F1 engine

fug :DDDDD

I hope those cars get driven hard, instead of one arab guy buying 200 units for himself and gold wrapping them for showrooms

>300 lbs
>190hp/205 lb/ft
>0-60 in 6.5
Still pretty fun desu

>300 lbs
whoops not quite

>we were racing whether you knew it or not

kys

>that coilover suspention asymmetrical mounting
REEEE MUH SYMMETRY

Yeah I imagine that 300 pounds and 190HP would be quite fun.

350-380hp seems good. When I had my G37 sedan I ran a 12.9 quarter mile with long tube CAI, test pipes, and tune.

VQ37VHR in the G37 is a good combo.
>330hp/270tq crank with the ability to make that to the wheels without doing too much in the way of mods.
>3650lbs
>5.5s 0-60mph

Not really, thanks for guessing. Balance used to be a factor in longevity, but not really anymore and even back in the day there were high output i4s that would last a very long time.

I was wondering with cams and higher compression, could a v6 camaro reach 400hp?
>335 stock

Brake torquing... Just letting you faggots know this is an excellent way to ruin your autofaggot transmission. How do I know? Because I had a v6 auto camry that I would "launch" and the transmission failed after 130k miles

lmao, look at all these plebs

he said good cars not FCA garbage