Do you volunteer with your local Community Speed Watch program?

Do you volunteer with your local Community Speed Watch program?
There's usually free cake and coffee.

Other urls found in this thread:

telegraph.co.uk/technology/2017/02/03/phone-app-pays-people-10-snitch-illegally-parked-cars/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Fuck you

Didn't Britain start or is considering a snitching program on bad parking too?

I hope so.
Parking rules exist for a reason.

Burger here. Some old people actually tried this. I sped past them going 20+ over when I would normally do 5 over like everyone else (including the cops).

Because motorcycle.

If it's not worth the time and effort of the real police it's not worth their time, period, and they have a better informed reason for not giving a fuck than anyone else. Like maybe, they agree the speed limit is set too low, or they see too many distracted driving cases from speedo watching on a high traffic curvy road where such shit is even worse than driving at the limits of grip doing 85 through chicanes.

Parking is much easier to enforce than speeding because you don't need police, just official parking inspectors. They can't be everywhere all the time. I'm lobbying my city council to advertise a WhatsApp group for this reason. Both official parking inspectors and ordinary citizens can join the group, and share parking violations.
1) Citizen takes picture of the offending car
2) Posts location and picture to group
3) Official parking inspector goes there and writes the ticket

It could be much more optimized with a dedicated app that automatically sends GPS coordinates and calculates the best route for the inspector. It's a case of the traveling salesman problem.
I'm a software developer, hopefully retiring soon. Then I can work on this. I will make it open source so it's available for free to all communities.

already exists in the UK
telegraph.co.uk/technology/2017/02/03/phone-app-pays-people-10-snitch-illegally-parked-cars/

A private car park company is offering £10 to users who take photos of illegally parked cars

Bascically the snitch gets a cut from the parking ticket

>Bongs

What's with the jaggy road lines?

Indicates a pedestrian crossing approach in the UK.

Can these cocksuckers give you a ticket, or can you just speed past and flip them off?

God there is a group of them that do this along one of the roads near me (very middle class area). Couple of old guys most likely with nothing to do I suspect. Most likely want to feel like they are helping out the primary school on the road but you would have to be a complete fucking moron to be speeding on that road any way its just not a good road for going fast.

I doubt they catch any one unless they are going to be complete jobs worths and try and report people going 1-3mph over the limit. I mean in one direction you shouldn't even be speeding any way because you'll be arriving at a roundabout just after them.

They'll file a private legal complaint.

Which will not pass because no official law enforcer was there to measure their speed, right?

It's civil instead of criminal.

Dafuq? Thank god there isn't anything like that here, or the cat lady from next door would have me fucked up.

Theoretically yes. Any court would laugh off speed measurements by private parties here in Germany and in other logically functioning jurisdictions, but apparently things not making sense is normal on the Isle of Bong.

At least they don't hide like real po lice

because it most likely required a form to fill out making it completely 'official'

If you get caught by one of these they send you a letter saying 'don't speed, please think of the children.' If you get three letters the police can open an investigation but quite how that works I don't know.

parking watch is a good idea, speed watch is for faggots unless it is in school zones or residential areas.
kek poorfag bimmers and audis are hilarious.

I wish they had this in my neighborhood to stop the faggots peeling out in their mom's SUVs.

Nah

I prefer to just write down the plate, look up the person its registered to, see if it matches the driver and either call up or go to see them, with the intention to ask why the fuck they're going twice the speed limit in a residental area with a lot of kids, bicyclists, animals and corners where you have no chance at stopping if something is in the middle of the road around it

You can take it to court if you want and they probably will laugh it out, but most people don't know this/think it's easier to just pay the fine.

>look up the person its registered to
wtf

I can do that in Norway

Just send the registration to a number (its the Statens Vegvesen, our version of the DMV, that controls the service), and you get the name its registered to, if the yearly road tax is paid, and when it has had its safety and emissions inspection last

Costs about $2

What a load of shit. That sort of information should not be available to the public.

For the greater good

And we also have nationwide "phone books" where you can look up most people by their phone number, name, location and so on

Its not the most secure stuff, but with a very low crime rate I haven't heard of anything happening because of information being this easy to get

They also log the number used to search up who the car is registered to and so on, which does help deter

>see neighborhood watch faggot
>downshift and BRAP past flipping the bird out the window
What you gonna do cunts? Nothing, because you're not fucking cops.

If you find a jew you also send him to Auschwitz?
fucking snitch

gay

Someone needs to make this a slap.

Same in Sweden, but it's free

Jesus fuck it's like IRL YouTube Heroes lol
What kind of tool do you have to be to sign up for this shit?

just demount your plates and do a quick flyby on these cunts

>What kind of tool do you have to be to sign up for this shit?
A father. You wouldn't want your kids get run over by a drunk Paki in a Corsa.

But you'd be ticketing the car, not the driver

I should. Damn nignogs and spics speed around my suburb street like if they are madmen. Local audio shop brings them in because they offer layaway and financing for 30% interest. Then they drive by the street playing their loud as music on motorcycles and shit cars. No one wants to listen to your shit guys...

>tfw can't stop doing 90-100 mph on open highways
It's where my car is happiest. I know that I'll inevitably get caught someday