What's it like to be able to afford a new not-shitbox car?

What's it like to be able to afford a new not-shitbox car?

t- wagie making $20k/year

I don't know, i consider my 2015 BMW 520i to be quite the shitbox myself.

Not that great really.

A heap more to worry about.
I just spent $110,000 on my most recent.

>i dont know how craigslist and ebay works
>i dont know how to unshitbox a car

I drive shit boxes and I make 60k a year. That being said I'm thinking of selling the Acura and getting a 500 abarth.

Feels p comfy man.

>i want to make my ugly collection of cars uglier

Lol

Ferd looks pretty good.

Abarth is to much fun to handle as well.

kek

Was neat

I make $45k a year and I drive a $400 corolla to work. Why waste money on a new car? AC works, radio works, interior is in good shape. Just had to put a couple hundred into wheel bearings and suspension shit.

>OP asks what it's like to own a new non-shitbox cars
>all the responses are poorfags with shitboxes justifying themselves
Veeky Forums is like pottery

alittleclosertoheaven.jpg

I could buy a new car but I won't. Cars are toxic assets. I have a Miata (cheap+reliable+fun) and spend my money on my 20 year mortgage.

>$110,000
>poorfag
$110K is the cutoff?

I've only ever bought one car new (2017 Miata) and it feels breddy gud. Not in the way that cumming in a cute girl(male)'s asspussy feels good, but it's a more sustained high.

It sucks I don't know what the fuck was wrong with me now I'm stuck with it for 4 years and now I wake up every morning hoping it will get stolen or when I drive it or have it parked somewhere else I wish it gets hit to the point where it's considered a total loss. I'm a fucking retard desu

lmao what the fug did you buy

I make 20k a year and vought a new car in 2016 because I am smart and dont have to deal with repair bills anymore. It is also better driving than any shitbox.

I've said this many times when threads like these come up but it's a 2015 corolla. I guess last year was the year of bad luck and shitheaps on Craig's list and add to that my gf kinda pressured me into buying it.

It's okay I guess. My price range is anything in the $20-25k range, so I bought a pretty new Subaru Outback for daily driving, but my truck is my shitbox workhorse. I reason I can afford to equip it with all the modern amenities of a newer truck for less than the cost of one (read airbag suspension, electronic trailer brakes, bluetooth and so forth).

I pretty much have always had a reliable car, and for me that's what it's all about. Reliability and safety. I had a Jeep Wrangler Rocky Mountain Edition at one time, but the safety just wasn't there, and as far as utility went, it really wasn't a practical car either. No room for anybody or anything, and it's short wheel base made for really sketchy driving in the Winter at anything over 45mph.

thats a shitbox

op said not-shitbox

>cars are toxic assets
>has a mortgage
looks like someone has never heard of Dave Ramsey

Houses seldom depreciate unlike cars.

t. corporate here and it feels pretty good, trying to decide between a Golf R, STI, and RS. Test driving the R tomorrow.

>letting your significant other pressure you into buying a car
Lemme guess, she gave the whole "it's time to be a responsible adult" thing? Should have dropped her the second that she was trying to control you.

Nah it's was more of a "you need to build credit so you don't struggle to buy things in the future you retarded faggot" type deal she honestly didn't care what I did with cars kek

Look who it is again, ID Heaven. I'm fed up with your shit faggot. The other day when you called me a newfag, yeah, haven't forgotten about that yet. Fuck you I've been on here for months and probably get on here more than you anyways. Don't you know that you make yourself look like a newfag when you call others newfag? Just because you learned how to hack your name and change it to "Heaven" does not give you the right to disrespect anyone at any time.

That's really fucking shitty of her bro.

>3
>2
>1

HAPPY 2008!!!

Idk soon we are going to move in together in a different house in a few weeks and I over exaggerated the "retarded faggot" part I just feel like one this point of my life for buying this stupid car it's so shit that she even noticed it was pig fat and slow yesterday when I got drunk and drunk me for some reason lost my sides

>has a nice car
>has to park it outside because apartment/no house cuck
>niggers will steal your wheels

How is that any better?

>Recessions happen all the time.
At least my house actually came back to value since then. Cars are guaranteed to depreciate the day you drive them off the lot.

I miss heaven desu

Why? I remember 'em, but why?

>don't need to worry about any problems you didn't know about
>carefully break-in the engine since day 1
>give it the best oil and oil filter you can afford
>making your own maintenance record
>hand wash it every 2 weeks
>carefully wax it every 2 months
>the smell of new and clean car
only work this way if you can get the car you love user

What's it like to be 14?

It's like moot, it was just a better time

By all means, rent. I don't mind having someone else pay my mortgage for me.