ages ago.

Gently used triumph

Mid March.

YAMMERHAW

Damn I was only gone for like 3 months

cb500x is an sexy bike

You are learning until you stop riding
What's the issue with this image?

Only if you can't get a cb400sf bol'dor though.

ride safe, doggo

My first ever bike was a mini moto.

Top speed of 20 mph. I have never felt more free in my entire life.

Offroad, onroad, on your back. Literally a motor to take with you anywhere.

On my first day I drove through forests, slept in a farmers field, drove on the highway, drove at night with head-strapped lights (white pointing forwards, red pointing backwards).

Now I have a 125 cc I can go further and faster, sure, but I dont have the freedom.

Considering selling this and getting a street legal mini moto tbqh.

don't know how I should feel about that, I always thought you were a harley lovin gun totin murican

how do you like it?

lads what should I do to make the two days till I get my bike pass faster?
will puting a card between the spokes of my bicycle and pedal about making broom noises help?

sleep for a solid 48 hours

youtube.com/watch?v=TRu2MW23yxs

are they really the best motorcycle content youtube has to offer?

I did it /dbt/! I bought my dream bike!
2011 Hayabusa with 22k miles on it. The guy kept it in MINT condition, i dont even see a single scratch/wear anywhere.

Question though. I've been driving a CBR500R for a year now and I'm used to shifting a certain way and I feel it's going to make me power wheelie and get killed on this new bike....
Any advice for shifting on bigger bikes?

ok.
why don't you get a monkey bike though?

I'm gonna go ride early tomorrow, I have the feels.

>he thinks you can't like harleys and sportbikes/standards/nakeds

That isn't RJ

She is. She likes hanging around bikes.

I had a shadow for a little bit, it was fun but after riding it I realized I wanted something comfortable that I could put like 2000 miles on in a week, but also handled good.

It was either this or a hornet 599 and this was cheaper and a much better deal. I still pop around on my dad's Harley, but it was a little disappointing. I still want a dyna because Harleys sound great and are cool.

I also don't own any guns but I enjoy shooting them.

Make sure you go WOT before releasing the clutch so you won't wheelie.

Plan your first trip and tell us about it

Not everyone lives in Asia or Oceania, you know.

hold the throttle 3/4 open then just dump the clutch.
best way to shift on a busa.

What about those two weabos living in China?

They both have severe social autism. Cringe everytime I watch him.

yeah, and they are so criminally undersubscribed

everytime I see a video by that mongoloid Doug DeMuro who just records himself with the camcorder his father left over when he went to live with his new family babbling for a solid 15 minutes and getting close to a million views, I get so angry. 44teeth puts so much effort into their videos, and what do they get? 20, 30k views if it's not a clickbait title or an expo video

it is truly a shame

The funny thing is if you live somewhere that doesn't have them it probably means you live somewhere that the anime girls learner bike is too powerful for learners

That TÉNÉRÉ tho

>Third user to buy a busa
Preemptive: F.

>7 minutes of talking
>motorcycle content

I thought the Fazer was actually not the pinnacle of handling, and the Hornet (at least the PC41) was the better bike?

But still, very cool bike, if it didn't have that silly (read not aftermarket friendly) underseat exhaust

White and black is best color scheme

No?
the best motorcycle related content on youtube comes from cross training enduro skills.
youtube.com/watch?v=JsnTXVhbONo

This, and their other channels

yeah, always forget about adventure oz
youtube.com/watch?v=tVDv1r_65q0

Hornet us probably better, but I got a smoking deal and no Hondas where for sale. I got this with 6.5k miles on it for 3 grand, and I am pretty happy. Riding a bike with a 14k redline is fun.

Aftermarket blows, but now that I've got a new screen and sliders on it, I'm pretty set. I might put an exhaust on it but I don't think it's worth it. Only thing I need now is a power port for the phone.

best I can do is $20

Whoops that's the old screen.

>2017
>not watching based german supersport man

youtube.com/watch?v=GsXnyFAS8C8

it's insane, a slip on akra costs like 1200€ for a bike that's at best worth 3000€ anymore. But well

That screen does look quite nice on it, is the seat comfy?

The funny thing is the $1200 exhaust lowers the bikes resell value too.

The seat is decent. A little hard, but fairly comfy and roomy. It's pretty dang fun to ride. It has no power below 7k rpm and doesn't start to really move until 11k.

How does a Cruiser handle differently from sports / roadster

Also sometimes I hear a pop sound when I change gear on the front, what the fuck is it?

Or more likely you can just buy an unrestricted 650 for less money.

>It has no power below 7k rpm and doesn't start to really move until 11k.
lul, all the reviews I read of it (couldn't test ride one yet) always said "hurr it has such good power in the mid-rev range" but I always knew that's bullshit

it's a fucking 600cc engine that was detuned from an already pretty mingy supersport, of course it's gonna be a bit gutless. but that's not its intended use anyways
yeah, honestly, I'd love to get an aftermarket on my bike, but If I wasn't the one that installed it, thanks but no thanks

Well the initial turn in was nice, and the chassis actually handles the weight well. The problem is that because the bike is so low, and it has these massive footboards, you have very little available lean angle.

The initial turn in butthurt was really pleasant though. The whole seating position is funky when you've been riding something more aggressive.

Yeah man, its a scarier machine than I even imagined. I just bought it because of how exotic it looks, I'll most likely be sticking in the C 'bitch mode' for months because I don't want to get respects paid to me just yet.

Just bought my first bike /dbt/ how did I do?

why does every american seem to buy one of those?

neighbourhood looks comfy af pham

My 899.

I had no idea there was a dbt on Veeky Forums.

Anyone else in Vegas want to ride?

Pretty much. For a DD and touring bike, I'm in love. I can see myself keeping it for a while, it just does so much stuff well. You get over the lack of torque quick.

>Driving modes
No thanks. Nice bike though try not to die

>my face when a Blackbird has a lower power to ratio than a modern supersport and should be much more relaxed but I'm scared as fuck to ride one just because it's so big

these old supersports were literally unrideable

Have you converted your FZ6 to carbs to prove you're not a numale that gets cucked by computers or are you just being an ignorant fuck like usual

now you've really done it

My group fuel injection is fine. I'll leave carbs to my truck and the xr100 I'll be getting before drag racing season starts.

you did good, I had/have a nighthawk which is the same engine with a Standard-style frame.

Slow as shit, which is great because you can focus on getting the technique down before you can go fast.

lol what technique? that bike can't even lean over more than 15 degrees, what "technique" is there to learn?

Sup fellow Honda cruiser owner

What?

It's a pretty big pop.

I got mine for $1100 with like 8800 miles on it, guy threw in a tarp and a spare helmet too. I can't complain desu

just do yourself and the bike a favour and brig it into the shop, giovanni

Thanks senpai. I'm excited about getting my basics down and I've really enjoyed riding so far.

Must be different on the rebel than on the nighthawk because I can lean pretty far over on the hawk

Why so upset?

Study everything about it and buy or download factory service manual. Know thy beast!

>spare helmet

dude, don't buy used helmets, really. You don't know if it has been dropped and it probably doesn't even fit your head

Sup. Where you from?

I haven't seen one ugly CB bike. Great design!

Don't want to pay the mechanic.
At least I've gotta reach SEM in july.

>Any advice for shifting on bigger bikes?

Take your time, and FUCK the way you are "used" to doing anything. Learn what works and do that instead. The throttle goes both ways.

damn why is that livery so sexy?

Right now I ride with an Arai Signet-X. I'm hanging onto the spare helmet (some random HJC) just cause the guy who sold me the bike is a decent person and the helmet was free anyways.

okay good. I know so many people that just bought a helmet because it's "comfortable" and it's far too big for them

>Don't want to pay the mechanic.
>has no idea about even the basic workings of a motorbike

you really shouldn't have gotten one, then

Good ol Virginia. How about yourself?

Ask in brand-specific and if available model-specific motorcycle forums.

If /dbt/ is your tech reference you are doomed.

Look, if it's something I can't figure out, I'm gonna go to the mechanic, otherwise I want to at least try to do it myself.
Just because the manual isn't clear enough it doesn't mean I won't be able to refill or change the fucking oil.

Anyway I was talking about this pop sound. Any idea?

apperantly it does mean exactly that. do you want me to pull up the posts of yours in the old thread?

This makes my weewee stiff

No external damage to the helmet means it wasn't hurt. If you can figure out a way to structurally compromise a helmet in any remotely normal use without fucking up the surface finish, please share because I'll admire your creativity.

are you serious right now?

I dropped my helmet, why is that bad?

Isn't that powerful for a first bike. How many CC?

>tfw motorcycle tow combinations limited to 60 kph in your country for some insane reason thanks to some horridly old law so you'll see people completely overpacking their bikes or crippling themselves with sidecars before they even begin considering trailers

Good for you but THIS isn't the place to find out because we don't all own or have access to an example of your (MAKE, MODEL, YEAR) for riding contemplation.

Forums. Not this forum. Capisce?

By all means learn to do your own maintenance and repairs! Every motorcyclist should. Begin with a FACTORY service manual and heavy forum research. You'd have hated life before the internet because if you didn't find a skilled mentor it took years to get gud.

Boring

because there's an inner shell underneath the plastic outer shell of your helmet, and if that breaks, the structural integrity will be shrekt and you can't even see it. in case of a crash, your helmet can not 100% protect your head anymore.

this can already happen at just knee height onto asphalt. I used to work in a motorcycle clothing store, and we binned every helmet that an employee saw getting dropped from higher than knee height.

Why does your country hate you?

Yes. Helmet external surfaces show impact damage, especially since impact is accompanied by abrasion unless you manage to land then stay on a stiff mattress or fat chick at high velocity.

Maryland!! If you're far enough north we should ride together!

my helmet also shows outer damages because occasionally, twigs and such scrape against it, but it was never dropped. but see

Lol just 250. I already wish I had a bigger bike.

Well fuck, I need a new Helmet.

Is there anyway to tell btw?