ITT: You can create a movie based around any event/period in history...

ITT: You can create a movie based around any event/period in history. The movie can have any cast/budget/production value, but it MUST be historically accurate in what it depicts-the only exception being languages being translated for release of course.

What do you choose?

>tfw no movie about the Nine Years War in Ireland

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YJBWCLeOEaM&bpctr=1474589424
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turkish_Abductions
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/September_Dawn
youtube.com/watch?v=0qT0nX6I6iA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

fuck

I would make a movie about the slaves in America. We need more of those.

Why should my movie be historically accurate when none of the hollywood history movies are ever accurate?

the roaring 2020s

Sumerian period

Egills Saga

>the only exception being languages being translated for release of course.

Subs not dubs

Probably some shit with the Russian fleet during their war with Japan where they get BTFO by themselves repeatedly, it would be a fucking comedy

The Liberation of Istanbul from the corrupt Constantine XI

18 hour long epic about the Finno-Korean hyperwar

I Literally Cannot Stop Sucking Cocks: The Life and Times of OP

No?

A biopic of Muhammad in which he's actually depicted

which will inevitably cause a mob of angry Muslims to riot and burn down Hollywood in protest I'm guessing

Mob of Muslims to bomb Hollywood*

already happened
youtube.com/watch?v=YJBWCLeOEaM&bpctr=1474589424

that was just some shitty YouTube short film made by evangelical Christians to attack and b8 Muslims, who then proceeded to take the b8 and chimp out as usual

I'm talking about a AAA project; something made on the scale of The Last Temptation of Christ or Exodus (that movie was shit btw)

Movie about the Battle of Tours and surrounding events. Have it focus on both Charles Martel and Abd Ar-Rahman Al Ghafiqi.

Yes.

And the Christian Greeks, while in reality were deceitful and malicious as their Byzantine ruler, will be depicted as respectful people of the book.
Because that is how righteous the subjects of House of Osman are, without holding any grudges unlike certain people.

>Battle of Tours

are yuropoors still memeing about that skirmish?

>the only exception being languages being translated for release of course
fucking pleb. Ba iontach é Aodh Mhór a chloisint ina theanga féin.

fucking pleb. Beadh sé go hiontach Aodh Mhór a chloisint ina theanga féin.

Ottoman fuckboy...

Succession period from Diocletian to Constantine.

There were so many great characters between two of the greatest men of Rome like Maximian, Maxentius, Galerius.

It'd be historically accurate, but I'd take creative liberties with their characters. Galerius would the bad guy, plotting against Dio. and Con.
Maximian would be a tragic character whose vanity let him be manipulated, Maxentius would be a spoiled rich kid just for shits and giggles.

Diocletian's tragic flaw would be the trust he put in his subordinates after he abdicated, Constantius the one wise ruler and Constantine the rightful succesor to Rome.

I'd make it like those old movie adaptations of Shakespeare plays and would less on the military conflicts and more on the diplomacy of the emperors, maybe a scene at the forum in Rome with the public gossiping about Constantine's victories.

I don't really know how much Christain imagery would play into it.
Rightfully it should play a large part, but I feel like that might hamper the story more than help it.

Haitian Revolution

Starring Idris Elba as Louveture
Danny DeVito as Napoleon

You can throw your petty insults all you want.

But we descendants of the Great Seljuks and from them the great Tribes of the Oghuz confederation, favour knowledge and power over squabble.
With that we achieved to write the history that today causes butthurt and to the centuries to come.

And back to topic, the movie should star Brad Pitt as Sultain Suleiman with Steve Buscemi as Constantine XI.

Normal people wouldn't be able to follow along. I'd love to see it, but most aren't savvy to the politics of the time. I would propose a movie like that be focused around and after Milvian bridge. To obtain the interest of christians. Make it more about Christianity's development.

2nd Punic War 6 hour epic.

First part is the end of the 1st Punic war flashback and Hannibal swearing the oath to his father to always be an enemy of Rome. Get some Carthago delenda est action, get some Alps and elephants actions, get some cannae and Lake Trasimene, some Fabian shit, based Scipio shows up, and Zama, etc.

Rise of Islam would be kinda cool too. I've also always wanted more sequels to Master and Commander, so more of those or just more Age of Sail movies.

Who reads your side of history? Dirty turks? I respect the ottomans like i do carthage. They're still the losers of history. And brought an inferior imperial structure and culture. They literally started declining 100 years after their conquest of constantinople. Suleiman fucked their shit up.

...ahhh more butthurt.

The devşirme sustains me.

Also ifthe Seljuks were so "great" how come only those who look into histoty hear about them? You sound like modern greece and their "muh heritage".

Honestly a play like is something I've always wanted to do. I might just write and shoot it ultra low budget Hands of Manos style. I took a film class in high school for two years

I'd release independent

It's not butthurt. It's just looking at the past without a favorite. I see faults as well as pros. Stop painting the Ottomans as the shit when they were low tier to start off with.

If that's the case I'd love to see it. What would be the over arching message?

A film based on the conquests of Genghis Khan.

But we'd need a western film actor lead to get the american audience, emphasis on western.

I know, John Wayne!

>Iceland
Every fucking time.

Just noticed this. How and why?

The Mountain Meadows Massacre.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turkish_Abductions

Tyrkjaránið

Apparently having Barbary pirates raid and abduct people from Iceland to sell them on the Ottoman slavemarked made it conquered.

Which is funny, cause you could legally kill any turk setting foot on Iceland until 1974 when the law to prevent it got abolished.

Why not the murder of Ramesses III? That's a topic I've been interested in for years desu.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/September_Dawn

Forest Brothers movie
War in the Vendee movie
Haiti Revolution movie
Evacuation of Serbia WWI movie

and last but not least

BATTLE OF ADAWA MOVIE

Yeah but mine would be Danny Devito play Brigham Young.

The rivalry of Hannibal and Scipio
The rivalry of Sulla and Marius
Belisarius' campaigns
A FUCKING NAPOLEON BIOPIC
A three season Miniseries on the Sengoku Jidai

This shit would be hilarious

That map is a load of shit. Dont pay it any heed.
Real Osman fans dont have to lie about the extent of their empire.

I'd make a movie about World War 1 focusing entirely on the Greek, Anatolian, Egyptian, and Persian fronts.

The end would be an emotional scene where the Entente dismantles the Ottoman Empire entirely.

Not a lot of history recorder from that era, at least not enough to make it historically accurate and intense.
Would watch a cozy slice of life set in Sumer.

A movie about King Michael's coup. A young handsome king of an European country staging a coup to overthrow the dictator who was running his country, and then switching sides in WW2 to take the war to the Nazis for attempting to stop him? Shit would sell like hotcakes. I'm legitimately surprised nobody has done it yet, not even in Romania. Maybe they're just waiting for King Michael to die.

and of course I forget my fucking image.

It'd be like an exploration into what makes a good ruler.

Diocletian, the man who pulled the empire from the brink of collapse, left the empire politically divided and set it up for decades of civil war.

Maxentius, a rich brat but also loved by the people of Italy.

Maximian, a great general and leader but put political stability in question for his own glory.

I'm not sure if Constantine would be set up as the truly enlightended despot or just as another flawed ruler in a dynasty full of them.

The Anabaptist rebellion in Munster.

A movie about the 30 Years War told from the perspective of a minor electorate in the HRE.

A good movie of King Harald's saga. I've wanted this for so long!

i genuinly think there should be more movies about the Seven Year War.

This, or from the perspective of a mercenary

So many choices? Does it have to be a movie, some things would be much better as a high quality series, such as Hannibal's life.

But I'd love to see a full recreation of Ernst Jungers Storm of Steel, exactly in the diary format of his book, but all displayed as a very very long movie.

This, or the Haitian revolution.

Band of Brothers but with Roman legionaries

With that attitude the byzantines aren't important same with russia.
If you look at what normies find important its basically greece>rome>medieval times>early modern period in western europe>WW1>WW2>cold war>present time

70s Psychedelic styled Emperor Maximilian biopic.

Birth of the swiss confederation, from the pact of the Grütli in 1291, through to the battle of Morgarten in 1315 and ending with the battle of Sempach in 1386

>With that attitude the byzantines aren't important
They aren't anyway. What did they do except slowly decline and fall?

>made by Jews to brainwash Christians
ftfy

They heavily influenced the slavs in the balkans and russia.

This looks like some of the stick figure battles I used to doodle as a kid. What was the battle of Adawa?

I never quite understood what the dismantling of the Ottomon Empire was for or much about it. How do you just dismantle an Empire?

Bismarck creating Germany.

Make a miniseries focusing on the time period between the height of the Gilded Age (1870-1890) to the reforms of the Progressive Era (1900-1914)

Include the following
-Political Machines
-Tammany Hall and Boss Tweed
-Credit Mobile
-Great Rail road strike of 1877
-Homestead Steel Strike
-Assassination of President Garfield and Civil Service Reform 1880-1881
-The first two times private citizens bailed out the United States Government.
-Tenement Housing
-Discrimination of "new" immigrants
-Irish/Italian/Polish/Jewish/Blacks etc.
Lincoln Stefans' "Shame of the Cities"
Yellow Journalism
Spanish American War

Progressive Era

Meat packing industry and food reform
"Muckrakers" and early journalism
Triangle Shirtwaist Factory and fire safety
A Living wage and the 6 day work week
Theodore Roosevelt
"The Square Deal"
"Trust busting"
Pay increase for children who work

Alternatively or in conjunction with the above; a biographical film of Theodore Roosevelt

-The "sickly boy"
-"Teedy" and Alice Roosevelt
-Roosevelt in the NY state legislature
-Death of his mother and wife on the same day
-Going West to grieve and be a cowboy
-Ethel Roosevelt
-Assistant secretary of the navy
-Spanish American war & Rough Riders
-Vice President to William McKinley
-Assassination of McKinley and the Youngest President in history
-Adding the east and west wings to the White House
-President Roosevelt
-Bull Moose campaign of 1912
-World War I and death in 1919

Sitcom about Platos Academy written by Larry David, with regular appearances from Diogenes who is played by Danny Devito

>a movie
200 minutes blockbuster on the Cimbric war.

Not a movie, but shit how cool would it be to have a multiple seasons series about the war of Cambrai?

the german revolution of 1918-19

The rise of Charlemagne

Rhodesian Bush War

A U-Boot and its crew during WW2.

A 3 part film series based on the rise of Zhu Yuanzhang, the overthrowing of Mongols and the establishment of the Ming dynasty.

The story of a poor orphan boy who was forced to beg on the streets, that ended up leading an army against the seemingly undefeatable Mongols, destroying their ranks completely and becoming the emperor of all of China.

What a grand fucking tale and I'm surprised no film maker has even tried this yet.

Split into 3 parts. The last Film is split into 2 sub parts. Sound track is K pop and all Finnish characters have to speak Spurdo.
You my man just got yourself a movie deal.

Missionary caught in the middle of the Boxer Revolution in China, falls for a local girl while her family represents the multiple states of Chinese culture. Keep the original languages in it, and play on the stupidity of the Missionary not knowing the language (like with the grandmother, who actually knows English, but refuses to speak it in his presence until he pisses her off with his demand to be more involved with the family).

No fantasy elements whatsoever. Play it as a straightforward drama, and throw in an inconclusive ending with the missionary as an old man having a young Chinese lady visiting him on his death bed, with their conversation fading to black then credits.

I kinda want a movie about Ingvar the far-travelled.

But Napoleon was in his late 20s when it happened and wasnt even the ruler of France yet

It was an empire falling appart anyway from infighting. It would have gone on without the war for longer but it was getting beat up from within. Even if it didnt get broken up after the war it wouldnt have lasted long i dont think.

A 6 parter WW2 movie covering the eastern front

America: The Nigger Problem

An ACCURATE look at how Niggers are the biggest contributor to crimes in the US, and would showcase many of the horrific hate crimes committed by niggers that were overshadowed by the events of Michael Brown and all the other "Hate Crime shootings."

It'd also accurately show how each and every single one of those "Police shootings" were justified, and would delve into the Victim's past. Bringing up all of their past crimes, how they were actually extremely awful to Society, and just over all delinquits.

No censoring of the Media, no "He was a good boy" bullshit. No 13 year old church photos from his childhood. Just the hard, straight, accurate facts.

This would be sick.

I'd want to see a movie of the Romans fighting the Cimbri, Ambrones, and Teutons. While simultaneously doing the Servial wars. I want a 4 hours slog of massive battles and killing. Either this or a movie following the Punic Wars from Romes pov all the way from the first to them tracking down and killing Hannibal and the fucking utter wasting of Carthage. Damn that story is so good if done right.

although this thread belongs on /tv/, the Marx one got deleted

fucking mods, get your shit together

youtube.com/watch?v=0qT0nX6I6iA

Xuanwu Gate Incident.

If they could do Chinese stuff historically accurate Id be down. The scale of Chinese historical battles and events is so massive it'd be great.

At least you admit the best ottoman soldiers weren't even ottomans. I like your style, Turkroach.

This. I'd love to see adaptions of Zhu Yuanzhang's rise from peasant to Emperor, Wu Zetian's life (not portraying her as a benevolent Mary Sue), Taiping Rebellion, Battle of Yamen, Cixi's life, etc

Battle of agincourt from the french pov or any other tragedy film from the pov of the losers

The Makhnovist uprising in Ukraine, including the bit where Makhno goes on a rampage towards the end.

Robert Scott versus Amundsen

The Germans did something like this, "Unsere Mütter, unsere Väter".

Quite a good show.

No.

Justinian's reign from the perspective of Belisarius, Nica Riots, war with Persia, the Vandals and the Goths. Years and years in Italy only to be called home and leave the country a mess.
Josh Brolin as Belisarius. Guy Pearce as Justinian. Eva Green as Theodora. Mel Gibson as director.
Title: The Last of the Romans.

WARRING STATES GUAN YU VS LU BU LETS FUCKING GO NIGGAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

You already got so much shit for the Three Kingdoms.

War of the Roses

The Anarchy

Three part movie about Hannibal Barca from his rise to his campaigns and finally his death. But none of this "WE WUZ HANNIBAL" bs. When I watch the film's the actor better be Semitic not Nubian

In the late 1800s the Empire of Ethiopia defeated the kingdom of Italy in a large scale open field battle. Italy ended up getting their asses kicked in the war and their attempt to colonize failed.