Wrinkle your snobby little noses all you want -- for a daily driver...

Wrinkle your snobby little noses all you want -- for a daily driver, keyless entry combined with push-button start is the most incredible set of conveniences you can get on a car. Not having to search, fumble, or fuck with your keys a single time during the entire driving process is godlike.

Name 1 (ONE) car accessory or feature set that comparably reduces the pain in the ass of a daily commute.

You can't.

Yeah it's so hard to jam the key in a hole and turn it

don't be rude towards OP. he is obviously autistic & has difficulty with his motor skills. for a challenged individual, push button start is superior.

>don't be rude towards OP. he is obviously autistic & has difficulty with his motor skills. for a challenged individual, push button start is superior.
don't you have to keep the keys with you for push button start to work anyway?

if you could get rid of the keys altogether I could kind of see it, but if you still have to remember them and keep them in your pocket it's not saving any time

Who said it's hard you dumb fuck? Not having to do it is convenience, not salvation. Also bonus points for motion detection tailgate when you have your hands full of groceries and it's raining so you don't have to put the bags down while you try to find your keys.

Agreed, just took the keyless/pushtostart pill myself. Im never going back.

Until the battery dies, faggot.

>Who said it's hard you dumb fuck?
OP said it was hard:
>Not having to search, fumble, or fuck with your keys

he's been fumbling with his keys and having lots of trouble using them

Automatic transmission.

>take 30 seconds to replace the battery every 10 years
not that i care about push start or not. my car doesn't have it

Ever heard of a shopping cart?

There's conveniences, like frozen waffles, gesture typing, and electric windows

And then there are things that don't save any time. All they do is save retards like OP from needing to have basic motor skills/executive functions. Like automatic transmissions.

Push button start is neither of those. It's a simplification of a complex failure-prone mechanical system. Repairing a failed keyless start system is actually very simple, it's just that a dealer will overcharge for it like they overcharge for everything.

>Open your key
>You find a manual key inside
>Insert it into the keyhole all cars have hidden in the door handle
>Open the car
>Open the hood
>Jack the battery
>???

You should know about that if you looked at any modern car. Unless of course you're too poor to afford one and try to play sour grapes?

>lose key
>battery dies
>somehow defective
Gotta love that $800 bill getting it replaced

>thinking you can just replace the battery
Look at this goy, only the dealership can replace the battery, that'll be a $400 job ;^)

>Unless of course you're too poor to afford one and try to play sour grapes?
nice projection, post your car you weeb fuck.

>And then there are things that don't save any time.

But keyless does. If faster, more convenient since you don't have to try to reach your keys when you have your hand full and it's cool to watch your car lock itself when you walk away from it.

It should be for you to do it but fine. And yes it has keyless entry and tailgate and I also have a weekend car without even central locking so I can say that keyless it amazing.

It is pretty nice just to grab the handle, get in, push clutch and push button to go.

Man, turning a key must be extremely difficult. How could people stand doing that for decades?

It doesn't unless you lack basic planning skills

>get your stuff
>get you keys
>keep them in your hand
>unlock car
>start it
>keys never leave hand

Inb4 two hands full

You'll need one hand to unlock your car regardless unless you enjoy setting yourself up for a carjacking
>STAND NEXT TO THE CAR NIGGA
>NOW STICK YOUR ASS IN THE DOOR WHILE I PUSH DIS BUTTON

Poorfags detected

Yeah tell us more about the base model luxury sedan you lease for $300 a month when making $30k a year after taxes, mr. rich. you are so rich. wow.

The last time I saw an actual rich person (cash assets alone in the millions) get in their car it was an older subaru legacy. The only thing that made it stand out from other cars of the same year, make, and model was that the paint was perfect.

>Look at this goy, only the dealership can replace the battery

Keyless entry and push--button start is nice.

I also like backup cameras with the proximity chimes.

Remote-start is nice when you want to have a warm car to walk to in winter.

Heated seats are great if you don't have the remote start, because atleast your buns are warm while you're waiting for your car to warm up.

I also like Bluetooth that not only handles calls, but also plays music through your phone.

I love those plates you place in the back of your phone case, and then it holds to a magnetic base (not those stupid grip type holders)

Blind-spot sensors that'll make a chime if you're changing lanes and someone is there.

I have most of these in my MazdaSpeed3, but I want to add all of them. All I need is the heated seat module, button, and inserts from a regular Mazda3 Grand Touring. I can get am aftermarket head unit with rear camera hookups.

I figure I can easily do it all for under $1k.

a $300 per month lease is pretty cheap, you probably won't get an entry level luxury car for that

come on, just because you saw a couple of rich snobs who dont need a fancy car it doesnt mean that they're all like that. poor people dont buy bentleys,RR, ferrari and all that. if you're rich, you can afford life's luxuries. and no, broke ex-nba players are not proof of your point.

They go on sale all the time. You've seen the commercials

>base model japkraut luxury car only $279 a month for 24 months! offer ends soon!

The full coverage you have to pay is the real kicker. I see these people at the store. They pay with multiple credit cards.

If you're rich, you're probably not a Veeky Forums user that lives under a rock and still thinks this stuff is high end.

this actually isn't completely wrong. with a lot of car models, you can replace the battery but it will fuck up the keyless entry on that key and every other key that was sync'd with your vehicle. in order to resync it, at least with the luxury brands, you need to go to a dealership and they charge you out the ass and will claim it takes an hour of work.

>tfw no remote start cause manual

>being this butthurt because ur poor

Lmao dude

i dont get why all the poorfags and purists hate all the convenience features. look, i dont need a 1983 go kart for my daily commute in London traffic, but a 530d that has all the features mentioned above is actually quite comfortable and convenient.i like features and gadgets, i dont live on a racetrack and i dont care that your rusty miata handles better in corners.thats not something i look for a dd.

>Name 1 (ONE) car accessory or feature set that comparably reduces the pain in the ass of a daily commute.
a car that is fucking fun to drive at speed limit.

>implying bentley isnt high end
tell me about how your 5000 year old lexus ls is better.kek

>tfw, just don't leave your transmission in 1st gear. Also; fuck da poe-lease.

wrong. in most cars, you can sync in yourself and it only takes a couple of minutes.just need to have all your keys with you. easy. had 2 cars with keyless entry already.

I have keyless entry and start on my fun car but not on my daily. Sue

Almost guaranteed people bashing keyless entry itt have never owned a car with it. For a daily driver it has to be one of the most convenient amenities. Stick your fob in your pocket and never worry about taking it out.

Just because it's possible to have the keys in your hand and stick it in a lock or press a button and then stick it in the ignition switch doesn't invalidate the convenience of the fob.

The thing is they always want $3000 down on those offers, you have to look at the total price of the lease and divide the down payment by the total term of the lease to get the actual cost per month

300 per month is only 3600 per year, most luxury type cars depreciate more than this per year the first few years

ive got adaptive cruise control.
>LOL YOU STUPID CAN YOU NOT KEEP DISTANCE FROM THE CAR IN FRONT YOURSELF,MODERN TECH ALLOWS YOU NOT TO CARE ABOUT DRIVING YOURSELF
ive been driving for 10 years and only got adaptive cruise control 2 months ago. and its convenient as fuck. especially in semi-slow traffic.

>Almost guaranteed people bashing keyless entry itt have never owned a car with it. For a daily driver it has to be one of the most convenient amenities.
not really

>e92 keyfob recharges while in its dash slot

>not really

ok poorfag

>bmw g10 keyfob has a battery status bar on the screen
i bet for most idiots on this thread, their cars will run out of metal (rust) before my key or battery dies.

it's illegal here. i guess you could still do it and there's almost no chance of the police finding out

Note the word luxury brand. What was the make of your car?

>>tfw, just don't leave your transmission in 1st gear. Also; fuck da poe-lease.
>it's illegal here. i guess you could still do it and there's almost no chance of the police finding out

tie the clutch pedal down, they can't see that

TFW my car has keyless start

TFW it's a used vw golf

such luxury

so riches

>It's illegal here

What is the shithole country that doesn't allow that? I always leave my car in 1st in case the handbrake fails.

Many places don't allow remote start on manuals

Air Conditioning

>TFW my car has keyless start
>TFW it's a used vw golf
>such luxury
>so riches
kek

bmw.

>button breaks
>stranded
>nothin personell kid

>Name 1 (ONE) car accessory or feature set that comparably reduces the pain in the ass of a daily commute.

Power steering

Power brakes

Having a radio

cruise control

air conditioning

anti lock brakes

the list of things that are a million times better than keyless start goes on....

>ignition switch breaks
>stranded
>nothin personell kid

The radio is all garbage.

>not doing a radio delete and replacing it with a clock, an aux jack, and an amp with a smartphone mount somewhere in there

Also who the fuck uses cruise control

>The radio is all garbage.
Not if you have an MP3 player

you don't like music?

>Also who the fuck uses cruise control

I do, all the fucking time

i do. with adaptive cruise control too.

People who actually drive long distances and don't use their car just to go to the toegay which is the only activity they do in a day.

Yes, if you have an MP3 player the radio receiver itself is a piece of junk. I don't like 10 iheartradio stations and some shitty ad-filled chatter.

Car stereo is great but radio is not

Take a plane poorfag

>Yes, if you have an MP3 player the radio receiver itself is a piece of junk. I don't like 10 iheartradio stations and some shitty ad-filled chatter.
>Car stereo is great but radio is not
Autism

Ah, BMW does still work to resync even with the new generation, but most of their dealers will still try to shill you anyways. With Audi though they require you to take it to a dealer. I had a discussion with a mechanic friend about it, it's absolute trash.

op here, FUCK i forgot adaptive cruise control + lane assist

my commute is literally a ten-mile straight line in stop-and-go traffic, takes half an hour. if I could just set that shit and read a book and eat breakfast i'd be happy.

>With only $5,000 and a limit of 8,000 miles a year

i meant the remote start on manual, not leaving it in gear. my bad for not being clear

heat and ac. nigger

My mom's car has keyless start and it's fucking annoying because you it locks once you get like 5 feet away from the car automatically, and you still have to have the keys with you even if you press the fob unlock button. So if I have to get something out of her car, I can't just unlock it and set the keys down.

Maybe I'm just autistic but the amount of times I've forgotten the key fob is so annoying

Ez

Cupholders.

Nice nerd cartoon you little loser

>Looses key
>That'll be 3 grand sir
Thank you for letting us fuck you in the ass

Reminder that Nissan and other companies used to offer both keyless entry and keyless ignition while still retaining the traditional keyed functions for both (ie: the '05 and '06 Infiniti G35's). They switched to those retarded buttons when they realized that they could make a fortune off of repairing them. Consumers (primarily women) fell for it hook, line, and sinker.

Anyone ever modded their car to have these?

>tfw leave car unlocked with the keys in the ignition

>Name 1 (ONE) car accessory or feature set that comparably reduces the pain in the ass of a daily commute
Driverless Autopilot

>Sitting in you car with things in your pocket
Yeahnahm8. That's not comfy.
I have to take my keys out of my pocket anyway. Plus I enjoy turning the key in the ignition. It's satisfying.

Just another new "convenience" feature that shits me. Not as much as electric handbrake though...

just the auto transmission, but other than that, keyless entry/bush button start are fucking A1

OP is right. Once you have it you won't go back.

>lithium battery dies and no longer holds charge after a while
>have to open it up and resolder a new one

hahahahaha.

this happens a lot in e46's. im sure its the same in the e90

I dislike them because they're finicky and somehow never work when you want to do something like put it in accessory, turn the car on but not the engine, or go back to accessory from on without turning the whole car off. Some of them even eliminate the on-but-engine-off position entirely which is annoying.

Just give me a regular key and lock cylinder, fām.

OBDII, electronic choke, electronic fuel injection, electric starters, distributor/computer controlled ignition timing, engine block heaters, defrost, gauge clusters, trip computers, seat heaters, and everything said

lel dumb fuck you can get keyless on a fucking Nissan Versa the cheapest car in America

Automatic climate control is pretty great.