What went wrong?

Fiat

It looks like a Stu.

Looks like a phatt magnum

Niggers

Chrysler

It was made to replace this.

Unibody and the stigma that dodge makes cheap vehicles

Nothing since it's the best vehicle that FCA currently produces.

really fucking heavy for an SUV, more power than you know what to do with. If you want that power you'd get a truck, if you wanna carry people there are smaller SUV's that are just superior

its 4800lbs on the 6 cylinder and 5300 with the 8 cylinder. Thing is obnoxiously fat and has garbage gas mileage to boot.

Its like FCA wanted to make their own unique crossover but instead of crossing over an SUV and a Sedan they mixed a fucking pickup truck with an SUV

Isn't this thing an embiggened Grand Cherokee? It's kind of moot now but I was down to a GC or 4runner and went with the Toyota. I remember seeing a few of these for a pretty good deal with a few miles on them. You might be ok with the Pentastar v6 but it's still a FCA.

The Durango sits on a modified Caravan frame, actually.

The pentastar has the highest quality control of Chrysler engines besides the Ferrari engines.

Huh. Thanks, user. Was not aware of that. I just assumed it was a stretched GC since you could get it in 4x4.

>quality control
>Chrysler

Depending on the plant the pentastar is produced at, you'll actually have quality engineers that are willing to stick up to manufacturing and not ship engines made out of scrap.

It's the rest of the car that I'm worried about.

1.Iacoca leaving
2.Not body on frame
3.Chrysler build quality (lack there of)
4.Aspiring basement rappers can't afford it

no
what went wrong*

>not the pre-magnum V8s

It's not a well advertised fact. I'm a big Mopar guy and a Ramcharger owner, so shit like that makes me salty. It was a decision forced by Daimler that they've never reversed.

dodge died when they made them hardtop only.

>I'm a big Mopar guy
Then talk like one.

>Daimler
Damnliar*

It's built on the same line as the GC and uses the same powertrains. The Internet says it's a stretched GC. I'm thinking its a stretched GC rather than some chopped up Caravan.

The Grand Cherokee uses a modified frame as well, if I'm remembering right. I can't remember if it's the same Caravan based one, but it is not the same one as the Durango.

The new Durango is literally the same underneath as the bulbous turd from the late 2000s early 2010s which was, in fact, based on a stretcher Caravan frame.

I cannot begin to be assed enough to look it up, because that shit is buried YEARS back in the Allpar archives. I'm not saying you should take my word, just don't listen to the first sources you find.

Removable tops on SUVs is a meme. Why the fuck wouldn't you want a structurally sound roof to mount safari racks on for carrying additional equipment and supplies during overlanding?

I'm not a boomer.

neither am I.

Its a brick with wheels like every other Dodge

Phatgnum

Huh? Link? Or are you just talking out of your ass?

It's a lengthened Grand Cherokee.