For almost twice the price, is Royal Purple oil actually superior or it's just a meme?

for almost twice the price, is Royal Purple oil actually superior or it's just a meme?

Just asking Veeky Forums option to consider will it worth spending money on, not for shitposting purpose.

The only reason I've ever bought it was becuase the gear oil I was needing, needed friction modifier to add to it and it had it in it already.

purple is a fag color

it's literally the same as Mobil1 oil, it's pricing is a joke and a meme

how much is it per quart? because i bought the cheapest i could find of 10w60 which was Liqui Moly 2068 at $15 a quart.

It's a meme. It is not any better than Mobil1 or Castrol Edge, both of which are half the price.

Meme oil, don't waste your money. There's a forum post of an engineer who tested all these oils and royal purple did very shit. One of the best oils was mobile 1 synthetic. Another really highly rated one was Pennzoil full synthetic

Get Mobile 1 1500 miles if you want a good value and a good oil. It's less than 35 dollars and lasts 5 times longer than dyno and 3 times longer than full synthetic.

fuck off you insecure micro dick. i bet you like red and black like the edgy pre-teen you are

This
Unless you have an LSD don't buy this meme garbahj.

Right now IMO the best value synthetic oils are Pennzoil and Mobil

I can get a 5 qt jug of 5W30 full synthetic Mobil 1 for like $23. I think the equivalent RP is nearly $40, and I don't think there is a $17 difference for a road car.

If you're gonna race use Aimsoil stuff

That Pennzoil made with natural gas is supposed to be mad niggerish, but I just use Castrol Edge (because I'm edgy).

My dad has only used Castrol in his Exploder and it's got ~300,000 miles with no rebuilds

The bottle looks cool so there's that.

nigger confirmed

>▶
i use castrol gtx in all my stuff

nigger confirmed

Came here to post this

I use it, treats me pretty good but I also don't trust cheaper shit for a turbod car. If you have na car, don't bother. But don't listen to these poorfags in their 200k miles na accords if you got a new, turbod car.

my ship uses it in our cat 3516 generators.

seems decent, doesn't look to get as dirty, is actually purple.

also I fucking hate cats, I've had 2 cats explode after remans due to their shitty oem parts.

the new pennzoil with natural gas is good in modern engines but older engines with their looser clearances tend to ping with it from what I've gathered based on the varying reviews