Why does everyone always signal so hard about drunk driving? I get it if you can't handle your booze...

Why does everyone always signal so hard about drunk driving? I get it if you can't handle your booze, then you probably shouldn't drive. But I've been driving drunk every day for literally years now, and whenever I tell people they always freak out like I'm about to run their granny over or some shit.

Is it because our society is too much of a nanny state? Or is it because no one can handle their drink anymore?

fuck off OP, you're drunk

Because it's irresponsible, it does impede your driving ability whether you notice it or not and it doesn't matter if you make it home without incident 99 times out of 100 because the one time you run over a pedestrian will ruin your life and the lives of others. Just don't do it, it's not worth it at all.

This tbqh my friend

Funny how people who are adamantly against drunk driving will turn around and condone driving while high on weed.

inb4 those faggots show up and tell us how "it doesn't do anything maaannnn"

By this point, I have likely spent more time behind the wheel drunk than sober. You can crash sober 1 out of 100 times just the same.

I really think the drunk driving thing is just because of wives butthurt their husbands drink. Like what do you want me to do, spend $40 on a fucking cab every night?

>Tfw becoming a cop
I look forward to being able to arrest dipshits like this

Even if you're a "good drunk driver" (it is possible), you still have a vastly slower reaction time when drunk, so if anything unexpected happens while you're doing it then you'll be far more likely to crash instead of braking in time or making evasive maneuvers. And if that unexpected something is a person jumping out in the road, boy you are FUCKED.

Really no worse than driving tired unless you've downed a while case of piss

My father has been driving drunk every day since he was 18
A lot of old fellas I know have been doing the same
Knock off work, down a six pack, drive home... daily routine for half a century
Have yet to know anyone that has killed themselves or anyone else while pissed behind the wheel

That being said I try not to drive drunk, only if I've had a few bourbons (like 6)
I drive High every day
and I learned to drink drive when I was 14

So it's whatever

I mean it really depends how shit faced you are. Now you can be over the limit and drive perfectly fine. While it does hinder your driving ability, it is no more dangerous than driving while really tired. It's also more dangerous to be easily distracted or on your phone, etc. That being said, there are idiots that try to drive when they're so drunk that they're about to black out and these are the idiots that get people killed. I can pretty much tell when I'm too drunk to drive, but I try to avoid it because there's still a chance that you get stopped for something minor but end up getting a DUI which can ruin you.

>Like what do you want me to do, spend $40 on a fucking cab every night?
>every night
She probably wants you to spend time with your family instead of the bar you fucking absentee.
captcha: Broad Unsuitable

>can afford to drink EVERY NIGHT
>can't afford an uber/lyft/cab
>decides to endanger the lives of themselves and others around by driving under the influence
i think you got a problem buddy

These anecdotes are in direct opposition to the drunk tank in literally every town in the US

just don't drink so you're above the legal limit
problem fucking solved.

Alcoholism is a meme. My family line on my dads side have all been heavy drinkers and were fine people that got through life same as anyone else.

>falling for the drinking meme

>Drinking the fermented jew
Look, I know you're retarded and all, but try not to put it on display for all of 4chins to see, okay fella?

>implying
I am against driving while impaired by any substance (except for Eurobeat)

(You)

I'm not gonna spend like $80 for a round trip on a taxi and uber. fuck that shit!

>going out to drink

that shit is retarded

Stop being a fucking alcoholic.

Not everybody drinks that much, ergo they are not adapted to operating in an inebriated state.

Honestly man, you sound like redneck trash.

>got through life
laughing at your sad life tbhfam
also your red herrings aren't fooling anyone
you sound like a very stupid child

If OP is an experienced driver and can handle his booze, then he is probably less of a risk to others than 99% of Asian female drivers.

Have one for me, OP, and then hit the road.

It'll be funny when he gets a DUI on a routine traffic stop, because ya know, probability n shit

There's buzzed and there is drunk.

When I say drunk I mean you are not in complete control, and not fully aware of your surroundings.

If you are buzzed, driving is fine, if you are drunk you should get an Uber.

Whether you are drunk or whether you are buzzed depends on your weight and drinking tolerance.

I'm 6ft and 150lbs. I drink occasionally. Anything under 5 drinks and driving is no problem. After that point I Uber.

These wasted fucking spics are fucking up traffic for my whole town. They fucking drink at the pupusaria and get beyond fucked up and drive home.

>Every night
Dude, I love my beer but drinking every night is alcoholism. Take it back a notch.

Eurobeat is the most dangerous and should result in automatic vehicle impound, license suspension, and roadside sodomizing with a 12" Maglite.

you are more likely to crash when drunk user, that fact has been established via testing and studies

yeah you might get away with it for a long time but just like texting and driving, it's not a safe thing to do

You shouldn't be driving while high on any substance.

Hell some people shouldn't even drive after taking a Benadryl

Everyone thinks they can handle their booze mate. See the thing about alcohol is it impairs your judgement, so every dickhead who has downed 10 beers thinks they're perfectly fine and right to drive. I'm sure you're the special snowflake who knows his limits blah blah blah, but the average fuckwit does not and it's not worth letting one person make their own decision if it means 100 other dudes are going to make a bad one and endanger people. 35% of all vehicle fatalities are alcohol related. It's a big deal.

>I really think the drunk driving thing is just because of wives butthurt their husbands drink. Like what do you want me to do, spend $40 on a fucking cab every night?

I think it has more to do with the thousands of people drunk drivers kill every year in our country

>35% of all vehicle fatalities are alcohol related. It's a big deal.
So 65% of all vehicle fatalities are caused by perfectly sober people?!?!

BAN SOBER DRIVING

>tfw I regularly take NeoCitron in the winter and proceed to operate heavy machinery

Somebody save me from myself

The other 65% are caused by women and asians. We just need to ban women, drunks, and asians from driving and we'll have perfectly safe roads.

>Why does everyone always signal so hard about drunk driving?
They are guaranteed to be hit-and-run drivers if an accident occurs. And even if they are sort of sober, they will hit and run simply because they know they are drunk enough to be illegal when the police, witness, or property owner shows up.

Hit and run. Yay.

okay but 35% of people aren't drink driving

because YOU WILL be charged with murder because you hit and killed someone with your car, or is that not enough of a deterrent to you?

I'd 'signal' pretty hard if some faggot like you T-boned me on another drive back from the bar and made me pic related

It's bad drivers basically. Some people drive aggressive as fuck, don't look ahead and have no patience anyway.
When these people drink shit gets out of control

For further information on this watch Oz

>excuse me while I operate large, high speed machinery in an unpredictable environment in close proximity to other people where split second reaction times are literally a life and death matter

>here, I'm going to do it after ingesting chemicals that are proven to increase reaction times and impair desicion making processes

>I'm cool

Because it essentially puts you on par with murderers man

It's just not worth it

>fucking smoothskins