>2000 Solara
youtube.com/watch?v=mS28NX4UGe0

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

newyork.craigslist.org/stn/cto/6158789183.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>How do I join the montage?
See pic related.

Anybody know where I can get a 7m or 5m crank for cheap? I'd pay if somebody was willing to get me one from a junkyard or something.

Did you try looking for it in ebay?
btw
>disabled
Can I ask why?

No leg, Cancer got me as a kid.
I saw one on eBay, but I just don't think I should pay like 400 for it. If somebody saw one on their local classifieds and was willing to ship it that'd be cool. It's a long shot but I might as well ask.

inb4 that faggot with the blue Supra

Nah senpai. It's the lesser known ally, black supra.

Quiet in here...

If you guys keep this thread before page 8, I won't post it :^)

So how's your supra m8?

I still drive it because it's my only car, but I'm looking for a cheap used crankshaft so I can pull the motor and change the bearings.
It's got some unhealthy boost leaks, but I figure fixing them and applying more psi to a spun bearing is a recipe for depression.

Need your advice guys, 1988 celica gt, 2.0i.
171'000 km and 2000€, but it needs some work done, the exhaust is leaking and the handbrake is weak.
Should I contact the guy and buy it, or am I getting into a moneysink ?

If you're willing to fix the problems it should be fine. The weak hand brake is probably just worn out shoes

The technical control report stated that there was "some play in the forward half axle" to be corrected, do you think it's a big problem ?

CV axle. The car is still a 7/10. You can do it at home if you have a compressor

>Tfw you fall for the maaco paint job meme
I guess it's better than my 5 color 5 speed... Now I gotta find a Mexican who will paint up the trim in the cheap, I told them to do it black
>blue headlights
YES I KNOW, THE GUY SAID TO COME BACK IN FOR DETAILING LIKE HIS ASS DIDN'T HAVE TIME

>going to school in a city

fuck me Veeky Forums i won't have a car for at most a couple years ;_;

My MR2 shit the bed but I had fun for a couple weeks, but I even find driving my V6 Accord as enjoyable

I'm entering college as a junior but I'm only 18 and can't afford a parking pass or an apartment

It's going to be weird, maybe I can put together enough cash for a motorcycle or something but I'll never need it and I need to save.

Look around for places where you can bum parking. I used to park my car at the bus station across the street from my school.

anybody else got BIG AERIALS

So my MR2 has some play in the steering, and it will drift from side to side as it drives straight. I'm thinking it's the little bushing in the steering rack that holds the passenger side front inner tie rod that's worn and needs to be replaced.

Have any of you ever experienced anything like this in an AW11?

You should've taped the headlights desu

Just save the money breh

Aerials?

It could be the tie rods themselves

Just replaced the outers and the inners seemed completely fine. All the ball joints are brand new. Everything is pointing to this bushing or my rear tie rods. Hopefully it's as simple as I think. The car should be super stable after this.

I had this problem in my sw20. the suspension is about the same so..
Jack up the car with the wheel on and grab the wheel on the 9 and 3 position and wiggle. if it wiggles then it's your tie rods. now try 12 and 6, if it wiggles up and down it's your ball joint.

now here's a possibility that's retarded as fuck and happened to me, the CONTROL ARM BOLT IN THE R E A R was loose and it caused my car to steer itself randomly so do check the rear

btw good luck with the steering rack bushing bc mine snapped while going in

Forgot my pic

I definitely will give it a shot. I know my rear tie rods are gonna go soon so I'm going to check the rear tomorrow and tighten everything up like you said.

I'll also try to be careful with the bushing, I figured it'd be pretty brittle.

I know, I didn't put myself in charge of it. I think wheel shine, detail, plus black trim and I'll finally have a decent looking car

Any ISF fags lurking? It's recently hit me and now I really want to get one

Really digging the colour

Thanks man, I was really wary of getting it done at maaco but the guy I talked to had been personally vetted by four different people so I said screw it, it's just a grand. Turned out great though.

I think I'm gonna keep the fender flares blue, but redo the bumper, glass trim and duckbill in black. Then with some universal moulding on the sides it'll be a prime example of a sub 3k shitbox.

Starlet confirmed bird puller

Veeky Forums I am so fucking close to importing one of these bad boys.

1jz-gte, will swap a manual in.

Tell me why I should/shouldn't do it.

should i buy an MR2 as a weekend car? i really enjoy large engine bays so i can work on the car easily but the mr2 engine bay looks small as fuck

insurance costs

Dont ruin my dreams

Is Bluepra fag around? Can I see another photo of your drop? What springs did you buy?

Here's the latest photo I took on Monday I believe. I used lotek springs from eBay since they gave the most drop iirc. Lmk if you want a specific angle.

You should see my car if I park in the back.

Enjoy having to import parts from Japan over night

If the engine bay is a deal breaker, no.

Forgot pic. I'm always lurking btw

You an me both pal.
I just bought the lotek springs as well for the same reason.
Hoping I get the illusion of a bit lower with these 18's

Make sure you get the cheapest KYB shocks with it on eBay too. Mine are 18's as well and the car looks at least twice as good as it did before.

Really? I was hoping it'd be just a tad lower if I'm honest. The front is supposed to be more drastic though soaybe I just can't quite tell.
I decided to run the original TEMS struts until they blow. I like being able to point at the dash and tell people it actually still works.

Thinking of removing the side moulding. My car didn't come with it and a new set is retarded expensive. Opinions.

Sup, brother!
Don't have an ISF but I know a guy who's had one and now owns the RC-F. Amazing machines.

looks nice and clean

There are universal options for like 40 bucks. I have a friend who got some and painted it gloss black, looks pretty good but I imagine he'll have you do it every year. Unless the paint somehow holds up

My struts were done so I replaced them as well. I do miss the tems desu.

Looks better without it

can someone with an mr2 take a pic of their engine bay for me? i wanna see how small it really is

its small, but the real problem is that shit is really hard to reach and get to, you pretty much have to climb over the trunk

I think I got a bead on a mk3 supra parts car. I think I'm going to put a w58 and an N/A diff in my car. should make it feel a lot faster without having to push the 7m too hard.

Why put a non-LSD?

gay

Non turbo cars have LSD's as well. they were an option.
My car is currently only an LSD going left.

At least from the pic it looks damn good for a 1k job.
I think that'll gonna look pretty spiffy. Keep the updates coming.

I'm a bit jealous of that black interior, mine is the beige/cream type.
That's good to hear. I know the ISF at least was s'posed to contend with the likes of the M3 and C63, and those probably have a much sportier and luxurious experience respectively, but there is just something about the Lexus that's getting me.

Is there a fun toyota that gets good mpg?

Frs
N/A Mr2s
Celica
Lc200h F

corolla
cant speak for the newer ones but older ones are fun with tires and suspension

How much oil consumption can one expect from a 1zzfe with 115k? Pic related.

Also wondering about the long term durability of coilovers. (K Sport Kontrol Pro's @ ~$950) as opposed to Monroe Quik-Struts/Regular struts as a daily driver that sometimes goes on bumpy gravel/dirty roads/shitty rough mountain roads.

Are coilovers typically going to last 40-50k mi like regular struts? And yes I've already got good tires.

Matrix XRS

Depends on driving style. The higher you shift, the more you'll burn oil. I recommend staying below 3K rpm. Just get a set of raceland coilovers if it's available for your car.

found another black sheep of the family to park next to.

my 1zz hasn't burnt any oil in 3k km and I drive an mrs.

I wouldn't consider the celica to be a black sheep desu. Maybe in today's standards since it's all about crossovers now

no not from the manufacturer but from the celica family.
MRS is the mr2 nobody likes and that celica is the celica nobody likes. That and the latest gen.
I've always loved bugeye and dumbgrin

If I save up 4k I might get st205 for daily instead of 2zz swapping mrs

The bugeye st205 was always one of my favourite Toyota's. I didn't know people didn't feel the same. The cheater rally car was legendary to me as a kid.

What do you guys think of a 2002 RAV4 for 6k with only 82k miles on it?

But the US only got the 204, which was the shitbox FWD version with the old Camry engine

The last AWD Turbo Celica the US ever got started turning to rust by the time the 205 was even out

Sounds OK. I'd rather get a manual second gen CRV though

Would a 1990's Celica be a good daily driver for a new driver without many repair tools?

Will replacement pieces put me in spending hell?

Probably not. but still, go buy a cheap basic socket set. You can fix almost anything with a socket set and access to the internet.

this
sockets are vital. even if you don't intend to spend a lot of time wrenching, you can do most small stuff with sockets and screwdrivers.

Yea
Nah

are blue headlights jdm

Had 2004 rav4.
Its a great damn car, autotragic is truly tragic tho.
Grips and handles well despite slow steering and pedal layout is great.
Insanely reliable, can run another 80k miles without an oil change.
Watch out for rust. Only fault it has. Rear brake dust guards will rust and fall off at one point but that's just car getting to an age where it tells you it wants to become racecar by starting to shred weight. Nothing to worry about.

why mr2 community a best

it helps that there are like 10 of us

it's ok, supraman

Kek

>superior complex
>a best
Pick one

>nobody wants to work on our cars
>nobody wants to help work on our cars
>people are afraid of our cars
>most people don't know what an MR2 is

so all of us are gonna have to be pretty tight in the community. I find that a lot of 2 owners know the same people and cars in the tiny community (MR2OC, MR2HEAVEN, TWOSRUS, CAMPOS, MR2PARTS4U EBAY, PrimeMR2, that Armand guy with the red widebody and etc)

>page 8
Bamp

we gotta band together when literally no-one knows shit about our cars. Toyota master techs groan when they get one. These things are so worth it though. I love my AW11.

Boop. No pic but red wagon sleeps soundly.

>page 9
Bamp
You guys really like seeing my car

Any spyder owners know how to remove the plastic piece on dash that goes around the air control dials and such? I haven't even found the right name of the part to google with.

Is this a good buy if I can drop the price down to 3k or a bit less?

Is this gen of corolla relible? I'll be making 600 mile trips (300 each way) about 2 or 3 times a month from grad school to home and vice versa

Also, I asked if it has cruise control and the guy said yes, but I can't see the stalk because the retard has the wheel turned.
Is it possible it's hidden behind it at that angle or what?
Thanks dudes, hopefully I'll be joining that collage

newyork.craigslist.org/stn/cto/6158789183.html

My only regret is that it's autotragic but whatever, it's not like I'll be doing anything but highway driving

I'm considering buying a Toyota Celsior and doing something like this with it.

I'd try to find one with less miles.
Yes they are reliable.
Yes it has a cruise control stock and it's a bad angle.

You better have it on bags

anybody have Toyota radio harness schematics or resources for such?
trying to put a toyota tacoma radio in my '89 Camry, but I don't have the wiring harness for the Tacoma radio
>taco radio model no. 86120-0W060
>idk camry code yet but it's a double DIN tape deck

nvm it's not gonna work out for cheap
different plug type
and I'm sinking time and money into it so I might as well get a good HU and aftermarket harness

I recommend getting a good brand name from Walmart or crutchfield for your HU if you can't find a cheap used one

Can someone tell me if a Toyota corolla used 2014 70k miles at 18k is good? My Honda is shaking bad when driving so I need a new car.

Why not just fix your Honda? The corolla has too many miles

jesus 110k kms in 3 years fuck that, was prob an ex rental

for 18k you can get a lan evo which is like a corolla but not a front wheel shitbox you idiot

is it true that the 1uz in the ucf20 has a weaker block than the one in the ucf10?

Yes. When upgrading to variable valve timing they made some parts lighter. the +98 models may make more power stock, but the earlier are best for boosting applications.

how much mileage is too much for a last gen celica? im looking at one with 275k km, circa 170k miles on the 1zz... anything notable to look out for?

When was the last time you cleaned & shinied up your engine bay?

vip lifestyle mrs bump

Just got a picture

White Camry!

Drives really good it's got paint fade from the last owner, and a few issues it sees 100 stop and go miles a day