"lol bro the 1950s ideal never existed! shows like leave it to beaver were completely fictional and weren't an accurate...

>"lol bro the 1950s ideal never existed! shows like leave it to beaver were completely fictional and weren't an accurate portrayal of the predominant values of the times at all! it's impossible to think that people of a certain era were generally more naive and optimistic than we are today! all generations that came prior to us were just as cynical and jaded as we are and were only concerned with mindless anonymous sex and drug and alcohol abuse! stop idealizing a more innocent era that never existed! what do you mean your grandfather who lived through the period said it wasn't perfect but a certain kind of idealism did permeate the decade? I bet he's a lying faggot who spend most of the decade abusing heroin while beating his girlfriends!"

Other urls found in this thread:

latimes.com/science/sciencenow/la-sci-sn-millennials-sex-attitudes-20150508-story.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>lol bro the 1950's ideal totally existed its not just romanticism of the past that happens literally every generation this time its legit senpai see my grandpa who has alzhiemers says so thats definetly proof

of course the 'ideal' existed

i think you misworded your dumb frogpost

>lol bro the 1950s ideal was totally creepy like some kind of hostess snack pleasantville ugh who would ever want to live like that!

>le frogman
haha epic

>lol bro the 1950's were a total innocent utopia of joy for everyone and we totally arent unrealistic in our depiction of them

>"yeah man I'm telling you everybody in '60s was high on marijuana and lsd 24/7 and all the soldiers who like fought in Vietnam and shit were drafted and didn't wanna be there and like the civil rights movement was totally peaceful and like dude ghandi man btw did you know hippies weren't some minor counter culture like every boomer was a hippie far out man"

>its a frogposter thread

Here's an idea

how's a about proving that the 50's didn't have things like Mass censorship, the Mafia, Jim Crow Laws (or the subsequent civil rights movement if you are a fan), a war that never actually ended, and constant threat of nuclear destruction.

>anything after 1936

>anything after 1776

I'm convinced people who post stuff like this are apart of a Jewish globalist illuminati agenda to alter the human perspective of reality and crush our morale so we can be controlled more effectively.

>it's an autist who escapes into a nostalgic era episode

The only thing they get wrong in the media is "le Macarthy was a witch hunter"

Don't forget lobotomies & the higher violent crime rate

>some bad things happened therefore the decade didn't have one of the highest standards of living in recent history which spilled over into a general optimism felt throughout the decade which was reflected in its culture and values
>no like the 50s were rotten to the core, man

Don't forget that they actually had more sexual partners on average than the current generation does.

Actually wrong

Folk in the 50's actually were very chaste, generations X & Y were slutty as hell

Millennials are pretty conservative sexual but not 50's tier

Your knowledge of history is literally memes

>anything after 1453

Posting from cell

I'll dump statistics in a few minutes

>anything after 476

The poverty rate of every decade past the 1970s is literally incomparably lower to that of the 1950s.

Household income has also significantly increased since in the 1950s.

Just because 1950s media did a good job of sweeping all the bad shit under the rug, doesn't mean it didn't happen bud.

>Not 27 BC

>any thing after the 2nd Death Star exploded.

Do you have data or are you just meming?

>that feel when the 60s had as much optimism and prosperity as the 50s but everyone hates it because hippies were somewhere at that time
>thinking that hippies weren't just a small group in commiefornia and believe they took over all of the 60s.

what? violent crime was extremely low during the 50s.
crime peaked in america during the 1980s

It's actually not, average amounts of partners is around 8 in this generation, 11 in the 50's. There's not really that much data for the generation before that. If you take into account that the attitudes of what's okay with sex, and that admitting to more partners is considered okay today though, which means we're less likely to lie than older generations, then the data gets even higher. The lowest estimate for the "greatest generation" that I've seen is 5, which if we take into account other factors such as the one I just mentioned, means it would likely be well above that.

Here's a source.
>latimes.com/science/sciencenow/la-sci-sn-millennials-sex-attitudes-20150508-story.html

People in this generation just tend towards having sex slightly more when they're younger.

As the other guy said, you're just talking in memes.

>Millennials are pretty conservative sexual but not 50's tier

No, just you and everyone else on Veeky Forums.