Why is there no Uber/Lyft alternative that allows drivers to use whatever car they want to, provided it is roadworthy...

Why is there no Uber/Lyft alternative that allows drivers to use whatever car they want to, provided it is roadworthy, registered and all that crap. I understand that these companies want to maintain a certain level of prestige by only allowing 4 doors that aren't older than about 10 years old, but there is a cheapo alternative to almost everything, so I don't see why there isn't one in this area of business.

I was thinking the same thing, also, some older cars that aren't pieces of shit could be cool like an old H1 hummer or old cadillac or something

These companies want to maintain a certain level of prestige

I'm actually in the early stages of development for something like this, I might call it something like QuikRide

Noice, good luck to you.

Someone needs to pay for all the bribes, I mean, lobbying.

>you get Ubered around in a 1st gen twingo.
the future is limitless.

Because no one wants to ride in your old piece of shit car, and they certainly don't want to be stranded if your old piece of shit car breaks down on the way to their destination.

Companies want newer cars because they are more reliable for the purpose of being a taxi.

just trademarked that
get fucked faggot

Cause I rather take the bus than ride a beat up 80s pos for 3-5x the money

Lobbying to be allowed to work. Fuck taxi monopolies you cuck.

Yeah you guys have a point. Uber is cheap as fuck already, so saving a dollar or to and riding in an old Corolla doesn't make much sense.
However, I still think that allowing old luxury cars would be pretty cool

Try harder dumbcuck

Jokes on you i just trade marked
Get fucked faggot

>he actually checked
Lol what a dumbass

>Why is there no Uber/Lyft alternative that allows drivers to use whatever car they want to
Because you'd try to use one that is NOT roadworthy. Or show up to move four people in a car with one passenger seat. Or they'd complain about the hard suspension and uncomfortable seating.

Let's be fair, being picked up in an old Jag XJ or a big old land barge would be much better than being picked up in a diesel Accord.

Until it breaks down on the way there, and you're expected to pay while they fix it at the roadside because 'uber don't pay me enough dolla to afford no beakdown recovery mang'.

Honestly I'd be happy to be chauffeured around in an 80's POS to save a couple of bucks, it's the norm in a lot of the world and I'm a cheap cunt.

That said I went to a government/company fleet vehicle auction yesterday, Camrys and larger hatchbacks that are in the 160,000-200,000km, 2008-2012 range and good condition were selling for $6-$7000AUD. When they're that cheap you may as well just buy one and work for Uber.

> having such weak bait

I was just thinking that it would be cool to work as a taxi with my DD shitbox during weekends whenever I decided that I needed some extra money.

Uber is already as cheap it gets.

Pic related. 34 minutes, 12 miles, $11 for the driver.

Could have been 4 dollars.

You're not that far off.
There's a Swiss madman who keeps renting a couple gen1 Twingos.
Don't know if he's successful but considering he does it since 2010 and there are recent updates and offers it works fine for some reason.

>That guy who wanted to buy a GTR and pay it off with Uber while in college

>2 weeks of driving a Twingo - ONLY CHF 333!!
>paying 300 fucking euros for renting a Twingo for 2 weeks

LMAO, you could BUY a half decent one for that money

>Why is there no Uber/Lyft alternative that allows drivers to use whatever car they want to
Because people will abuse that ability and use old shitboxes. The only reliable way was to limit cars by age. Once you allow old shitboxes to be used, Uber/Lyft would become embroiled in discrimination lawsuits. Those people that would file such lawsuits are effectively filtered out by requiring newish cars only.

>discrimination lawsuits
What do you mean?

> WHY DIDN'T I GET A NICE CAR LIKE TANEEESHA DID? THATS RACIST IM SUING
> Why you always sending me nice cars? You afraid I'll sue because I'm black? THAT'S RACIST, I'M SUING!
> Want lift from x to Y, no old mercedes. No, I'm not racist, i just don't want any indians taking me anywhere.

Can't you just look at the driver's profile to see what car they drive on Uber or Lyft?

But that's racial profiling.

And that is why the companies smartly prevent the "perfect storm" from happening by limiting the age of cars. Not only is that good for prestige, but it prevents the existence of factors that allows for "you are racist" accusations to develop. There are always people who seek to make these accusations in order to make money with out of court settlements. So it's important to nip this problem in the bud and that's what Uber has done.

Right.
Instead they wanted to cause their own drama by not paying their employees the rates they were promised.

> Employees
No, Uber has contractors, not employees.

>Uber has contractors, not employees.
Eventually, Uber will throw away most of the contractors and switch to self-driving cars for the most lucrative routes. The low profit roads and the risky routes where roads are fast changing or zones full of car parts thieves will probably still be handled by human contractors.

The reason why Uber/Lyft has such anal standards about the cars used is because they don't want to be known as that taxi service provider that gets people killed in shitbox induced accidents, nor do they want some old lady to fall off of Cletus' lifted truck and break a hip. You gotta keep a good public image when offering services that could get you killed and part of that is rejecting some of the lower grade offerings. Uber and Lyft are already cheap as dirt, it would be illogical to make Shytbox and end up paying assloads of insurance claims for your contractors.

People who have no pride will use their worst beater car to do the driving instead of their better car. If it strands the passenger when it breaks down, oh well.