How do you make an inline 6 not sound like a fucking tractor?

How do you make an inline 6 not sound like a fucking tractor?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=o57JwibqCb8
youtube.com/watch?v=mlfASIX0s9E
youtube.com/watch?v=7TfpUB1lIGU
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Buy something else

What's wrong with tractors?

stop listening to tractors

get one that isnt a diesel or American

It's an alright engine, just sounds like a tractor, is there anything I can do without an aftermarket header?

You make it really really small.

youtube.com/watch?v=o57JwibqCb8

Not really, other than make it louder.

with a good quality muffler and ITB's

that way you only hear the intake noise and not the exhaust

Turns out I can get gibson headers for it that are CA legal, but is it worth $350 to find out if it doesnt still sound like a tractor?

You can't beat the sound of a v6.

What's wrong with tractors, you fucking yuppie shit?

Almost everything sounds better than a v6

You can't really unless it's some special snowflake Toyota or Nissan straight 6, All others sound like shit. The less exhaust you run the raspier and riceier it will get.

Revs mostly.

Not if it has a decent firing order.

Put a turbo on it.

install a v8. there is nothing you can do to make any 6 cylinder better

I got baited so quickly.

I'm so upset

>CA legal
Move.
What inline 6 do you have that sounds like a tractor?
If it's an American car just get used to it.

Try a 1970s 4cylinder diesel. The fucking knocking. Sounds like a hellishly old diesel tractor.

This. I never understood why people say this like it's a bad thing

theyre adorable

Cam it.

header does not make sound like a L24
god if it was that easy

>RB's and 2JZ's are snowflake motors
Not really my dude. You could buy a Mk3 Supra (which is a 1JZ, admittedly) or an IS300 for ~$5k.
N54's sound good too.

OP, just don't buy one that's a fucking diesel.

Fuck you. I own a straight 4.5l straight 6 with an aftermarket header and it is the best sounding car i have ever heard. Everyone i know can recognize my car's sound from blocks away.

Why do the JZ's and RB's sound great but every single BMW straight 6 sounds like complete shit?

nip straight sixes sound like shit.
yuro straight sixes sound like shit
Old murican straight sixes can sound good if you upsize the exhaust.

It's an AMC 4.0
I just prefer something a bit higher in the note and more feel in the stomach. Hard to explain I guess.

I may, but it will have to be light enough it wont have a lope at idle

A more aggressive cam

youtube.com/watch?v=mlfASIX0s9E

Too bad they never get it over 2500rpm, but yeah, something like that at its higher revs.
I'm pretty sure that a smog tech might notice that the engine may have a cam though...

I have never heard an inline 6 that didnt sound great, maybe stop listening to american inline 6s

>smog tech
>1972 Chevelle

Live in a non-cucked state.

There's no smog required for something that old even in the most cucked state.

13b swap

lol not gonna lie the only reason i did rb over sr was because i think it sounds better and literally paid extra thousand dollars for it. only jdm that can compare are those rad subaru engines

Right, but I'm talking about my 96 Jeep

Wrong. Many states that aren't California do checks all the way back to 1965 in some parts of the state. NY/NJ would be an example.

I have a 93 f150 with the 300 straight six. It didn't really sound like anything until one of the exhaust pipe brackets rusted off, and I had to cut my exhaust about a foot back from the cat and basically deleted my muffler. I really didn't want to cut any part of my exhaust because everyone always said it would sound like a tractor.

Wouldn't you know it, but when I started it up for the first time it didn't sound anything like a tractor, it sounded mean as fuck and it was LOUD. Does it sound like a v8? No, not at all, but retards at the gas station think it is when I'm idling.

I've come to realize the best sounding I6 engines have 300 or more cubic inches.

m225 doesn't sound like a tractor.
I would know since we own several tractors.
youtube.com/watch?v=7TfpUB1lIGU