Why I have never seen something like this done to a 996?

Why I have never seen something like this done to a 996?

Other urls found in this thread:

ebay.com/itm/99-04-Porsche-996-97-04-Boxster-997-Duraflex-GT-3-RS-Conversion-Front-Bumper-Kit-/271890222504
youtube.com/watch?v=Rr2dzAZEhk4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

They make light covers that do that on Ebay.

I could swear there was a 996 gt3 that had round head lights
but perhaps my own mind or some sneaky ricers are trolling me

ebay.com/itm/99-04-Porsche-996-97-04-Boxster-997-Duraflex-GT-3-RS-Conversion-Front-Bumper-Kit-/271890222504

Because the blob eye was the only thing that made the 996 remotely distinguishable. Without it, it would be the official car of FE Awakening's Kellam

This makes the headlights set too far apart and doesn't have proper 911 proportions.

No, that's just "Make it into 997"

Because hating the 996 to the point of being worth less because it deviated slightly from what a 911 "should" look like is the most autistic thing I've ever seen

They are hated for their cheap interiors and inferior engine design compared to the other generations. The hate is well deserved. Having ugly exterior is just the cherry on top.

Cheap compared to what? Air-cooled Porsches were more sport than luxury, 996 just continued that tradition but people started bitching for some reason. Come 997, and they're suddenly FANCY SHAPES LEATHER ALUMINIUM CARBON EVERYWHERE POWER EVERYTHING COOL USELESS GADGETS SOUND DEADENING LONGER TALLER WIDER AGGRESSIVE STYLING FAT FAT FAT MUST SELL TO SHEIKHS AND BURRGURRS
996 is the last pure 911.

Oh, also MOVE MOTOR FORWARD SO MORONS DON'T KILL THEMSELVES, JUST ENOUGH TO BE STILL CONSIDERED REAR-ENGINED

Conversion kits.

The 996 interior just plain hasn't aged very well. Especially on lesser-optioned models, it's a huge sea of plastic and weird curves.
That's not to say it's cheaply made, it's still very well put together and far from a bad place to be, but compared to other generations it's just not as good.

Looks alright to me
t. 90s Subaru owner

I agree, but when you're driving one of these I imagine you stop caring as much it's still a 911

It's definitely not bad, just very '90s and not as nice when compared to other generations. Although there were some really cool options, like the full leather-wrapped interior and body-color center console as seen in pic related.

True, it doesn't make the 996 a bad car by any means. Purists just hated it because muh aircooled engines and lol fried egg headlights, and aforementioned plastic interior (which was easily solved anyway).

Daily reminder Porsche "purists" deride the 996 interior when the generation before looked like pic related.

Yes Porsche "purists" really are this stupid.

This faggoty ass steering wheel? Fine by Porsche purists standards but god forbid a little plastic in the interior.

Who?

>inferior engine design
You know the 997 used the same engine design, right?

theres nothing wrong with the 996 headlights. especially the later model or the non shit tier trims

This

This. People only hate the 996 because it looks different at all from the usual 911 bugeyes, not because it looks objectively worse which it doesn't.

>simple clean lines with design cues harkening back to the 930
>blighted by an unfortunate choice of dial colour, and the typical 90s air bags
vs
>early 2000s bubble butt everything
>everything looks like it's made of playdoh
>the oblong switches look like they came out of some kid's playset
>still suffers from the same airbag problem, which wouldn't get better until 2008ish

The 996 is weird, the more vents and and wacky shit you put on them the better they look

I like the early GT3s.

You're literally pulling differences out of your ass if you're gonna defend the gens before.

nice

youtube.com/watch?v=Rr2dzAZEhk4

why has no one posted this yet
they do make covers for it

ugly.

it looks 10x better if you aren't a pleb like yourself

Looks like a 992 with the headlights so far apart

sorry, forgot pic

nah F am

you sound like a nigger

Agreed. Especially the GT2 looks mean as hell.

nah Fa m