Buddhism > Hinduism > Zoroastrianism > Judaism > Christianity > Islam

Buddhism > Hinduism > Zoroastrianism > Judaism > Christianity > Islam

prove me wrong

>pro-tip: you can't

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caste_system_in_India#Origins
jewishencyclopedia.com/articles/15283-zoroastrianism
theguardian.com/commentisfree/belief/2010/jul/13/abrahamic-religion-zoroastrian-judaism
torahveda.org/
google.com/?gws_rd=ssl
haaretz.com/jewish/the-jewish-thinker/were-jews-ever-really-slaves-in-egypt-or-is-passover-a-myth-1.420844
quora.com/What-archeological-evidence-exists-to-show-that-the-Hebrews-were-ever-slaves-or-even-just-lived-in-Egypt
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Exodus#Historicity
bible.ca/archeology/bible-archeology-exodus-date-1440bc.htm
bible.ca
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

bump

Sunnism under Ottoman rule>>>Spaghetti monster>the irrelevant religions OP listed with the rest

You literally can't prove me wrong and only a infidel would even attempt it.

>Islam
>just made up by one mentally-ill epileptic who got most of his ideas from Christianity
>Christianity is just based on and is a response to Judaism
>Judaism is just the result of a typical bronze-age tribal cult stealing a bunch of ideas from Zoroastrians they met

If any of the Abrahamic religions were to be true it would most likely be the original one (Zoroastrianism) that all the others were directly or indirectly based on. The further each new spin-off went from it the more retarded it got each time. Islam is just a super-distorted and super-retarded interpretation of Zoroastrianism.

*If any of the near-eastern monotheistic religions were to be true

Buddhism>Taoism>Sikhism>Hinduism>Christianity>Zoroastrianism>Bah'ai>Shinto>Islam>Judaism

Judaism is objectively the best religion

t. Schlomo Ben Mordecai Shekelstein

First of all, this is your opinion. You don't have the actual authority to state something like this. Secondly, a monotheistic religion would top polytheistic one. There is inequality between Gods.

>just the result of a typical bronze-age tribal cult stealing a bunch of ideas from Zoroastrians they met

>You don't have the actual authority to state something like this.
>Secondly, a monotheistic religion would top polytheistic one.

And you think you have the authority to state a monotheistic one tops a polytheistic one? kek

Buddhism (which isn't exactly polytheistic) is objectively better then any of the monotheistic ones, out of those Zoroastrianism is really the only respectable one as its the only one that can claim with any legitimacy that it was original and thus its prophet may have actually chosen by the deity rather then the religion being a hodgepodge of the other monotheistic religions preceding it like all the other ones.

While Zoroastrianism is respectable it doesn't even hold a candle to Buddhism. The polytheistic religion of Hinduism is superior to the monotheistic ones as well. While its easy to make fun of its religious iconography because of how it looks unusual to westerners once you actually take some time to study Hinduism it turns out that its religious scriptures are vastly superior to those of the monotheistic religions, they touch on a vastly larger number of subjects and offer significantly more wisdom that is also of a much higher quality.

As an addendum I would add that Buddhism and Hinduism are superior to the monotheistic religions because they have meditation and yoga as central components of their religions. There has been a huge amount of high-quality research by the best schools published in the top journals that show that yoga and meditation are incredibly beneficial for maintaining mental health and psychological/emotional well-being, they improve physical health and they also cause demonstrable improvements in the brain including physically changing its structure to improve the function of certain brain-regions etc.

The monotheistic religions have nothing that compares at all and this is a major point against them when comparing. There may be a few fringe sects that practice something similar but its always 1) not at all considered orthodox and isn't at all common, and 2) there is either no or very little research showing its beneficial. Yes, praying can help some people feel better but it's not even comparable to yoga and meditation. Part of why Hinduism and Buddhism are better is that they teach that these things are very important to the point where most practitioners of the religions do them, there is nothing that has been shown to provide a similar benefit that is widely taught and practiced in the monotheistic religions.

Zoroastrianism is the best

There are different sects of Zoroastrianism and all of the other religions you listed.

Your list is meaningless without specifying the sects.

Buddhism > Zoroastrianism > Hinduism > Christianity > Judaism > Islam >Atheism

prove me wrong

Christianity is just a regurgitated shit-tier version of Judaism.

t. butthurt Moshe

Christianity does not have anything to do wth pharisaism aka """"judaism""""

Platonism/Aristotelianism > Gnosticism > Mohism > Yogacara > Mainstream Buddhism > Taoism > Shaman Animism > Paganism > Zoroastrianism > Mainline Protestantism > Orthodox Christianity > Sufism > Islam > Tantrism > Mainstream Hinduism > Sikhism > Confucianism > Non Mainline Protestantism > Catholicism > Jainism > Talmudism > Santería > Mormonism

Why did you rank these the way you ranked it?

From most beneficial to least beneficial.

How is Mormonism the least beneficial of those, and why is Talmudism so low? By beneficial, do you mean on a personal level or a society collective level?

Yeah personal. I'd probably resposition Confucianism before Sikhism and place Shinto, Hinduism, and Paganism next to each other. Talmudism and Mormonism are low because they do nothing but preach an antiquated and mythological racial superiority.

but all cultures do that user, look at the way islam and pre-modern christianity interacted with the world. also, i was unaware that mormonism preached racial superiority.

Yeah but a least Islam offers you a way to ascend up the ladder with Jews it's God's chosen people and Israel has a right to defend itself.

correct me if i'm wrong but aren't the majority of jews converts? I have a friend whose in that religion and he says that anybody can join the religion if they put in the effort to, islam on the other hand, from what i've heard and seen, is filled with supremacy, thought that might just be a meme but i am not sure completely

Yeah over a billion Muslims of all races vs 20 million Jews. And the only reason why there probably isn't much infighting at the moment is probably because they're trying to keep things stable while they get their shit together. Despite this there have been reported instances of contempt from Ashkenazs towards Ehtiopian and Yemeni Jews. Also historically they denied conversions in the past and this uptick in conversions is fairly recent and there's no telling whether converts will be considered as equal by the hidden Jewish elite and the Cohen caste.

> Prove me wrong
> [ Number of Followers] x [Length of Existence ]
Hinduism > Christianity > Islam > Buddhism > Zoroastrianism > Judaism
It's all about simple math and only two things that really matter.

as someone who has interacted with jews i can tell you they're not really a bad people like /pol/ makes you out to believe, in fact I would say their morality, along with some branches like Mormonism is much stronger than some of the regular whites around me ( I live in the midwest)

you don't think there's arabs making fun of "that whitey" wearing a hijab? I've seen lots of stories of the crisis going on in europe, though I'm not sure how many of them are memes or actually legit

i guess it's tribalistic perspective though, the jewish person I know has been very kind and patient toward me and we have engaged in intelligent discussion, also white converts should be considered equal a lot of jews are white

>Hinduism
>Caste system
Hmmmmm

>Islam > Anything
STAHP

humour unites the people

Even if you hate Islam, because it is a Memetic thing to do, you can't argue with its influence or power.

It was originally supposed to be based on how you behaved and conducted yourself, not on birth. When that changed so that people considered it to be determined by birth it was a degeneration of the original religious practice. Its now more of a cultural then religious thing.

Its not though. If more people follow a stupid religion that does not make it less stupid. How many people follow it has very little to do with the religions value and what it offers and has more to do with all the variables of history, whether there was forced conversion, how big of a focus there was on missionary activity, whether they had access to large areas of primitive people to convert etc. The worst religions can become some of the most widely practiced solely due to historical and geographical circumstances.

Depends on what you mean. Yes, the muslim countries in the MENA are currently influential and powerful but when it comes to influence and power they are several tiers below the west and east-asia and this gap will only widen as desertification and climate change make their lands hotter and less arable and as their oil runs out.

Catholicism > (power gap) > Islam > Judaism > Atheism

The rest isnt worth mentioning

Pretty much.

>Judaism > Christianity > Islam

There's a difference between them???

see

>but all cultures do that user
no.
>look at the way islam and pre-modern christianity interacted with the world
neither of these preached racial superiority.

>I read the New Testament without any critical analysis: The Post

Oh.. though from what I've heard is if you don't believe in the caste system there (even if it's different from how it was originally intended to be) you're considered to not follow the religion, which is denounced.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caste_system_in_India#Origins

The research mostly indicates that caste was something that reflected behavior and one's individual achievement. The Vedic texts describe the castes that way and don't mention the untouchables and they mention people in the echelons of society inviting commoners to eat with them. There are also records of Buddha describing the castes something as something that people could move around in like our economic classes of today. The traveler Xuanzang who came from China and traveled throughout India in the 7th century AD made no mention of the caste system.

Over time the caste concept became linked to birth although there isn't much momentum to change it back, probably because Hinduism has already changed so much throughout history already. Because Hinduism encompasses so many things that have changed greatly over thousands of years there is not much of a mind-state among Hindus that the original teachings have been corrupted in modern times and need to be reverted to, there was never much of an established orthodox in the first place.

>Zoroastrianism was founded by the Prophet Zoroaster (or Zarathustra) in ancient Iran approximately 3500 years ago.

Zoroastrianism is not Abrahamic.

>Abraham was born somewhere in the range of 1852-1872 BCE and died 175 years later (1677-1697).

greatest tripcode user on Veeky Forums itt

I corrected myself immediately after that post, I meant to say "near-eastern monotheistic" not Abrahamic, see That's just semantics and doesn't really matter though, all three of the Abrahamic religions are just successive copies of Zoroastrianism anyway.

So the Hebrew prophets, Muhammed, and early Christians plagiarized Zoroasterianism even though the events that take place in the Bible and the Qur'an happened much after Zoroaster's death?

>Hinduism
Funcoland Disney tier religion being above anything is hilarious.

The five prayers a day from Islam are directly taken from Zoroastrianism; other influences can be see on Abrahamic faiths like Judaism itself given that Judaism was not always a monotheistic faith. Hell there are still excerpts in the Torah/Old Testament about YHVH being a "jealous God" of other gods.

>prove
You can't

Also the six cycles of creation in the Avesta is paralled by later revisions to the Torah adding in the "six days" of creation in Judaism and Christianity. Also Adam and Eve have Zoroastrian forebearers who did the same thing. It can not be understated how relevant and influential Zoroastrianism in all its denominations was to Abrahamic faiths.

Go away Brandon

Zero.

Zoroaster believed the tanakh as it was constituted at the time the Jews were captives in Babylon, and then Persia.

Zoroaster was just a Jewish convert who threw a little pagan fire god into the mix and claimed the religion for his own.

It's meaningless.

You are OP.
OP is a faggot.
Faggots are wrong.
Ergo you are wrong.

QED

>Zoroaster was just a Jewish convert who threw a little pagan fire god into the mix and claimed the religion for his own.

You could not be more wrong. Judaism in its modern form is almost entirely the result of Zoroastrian influence. Zoroaster was not influenced by Judaism at all because he lived between 1700 and 1300 BC when the jews were just one of dozens of small city/tribal cults and Judaism had not been brought to Persia at all at that point in time.

Up until around the 6th century BC Judaism did not at all resemble modern Judaism and was no different then the cult of every other bronze age tribe or city that had a special deity they worshiped and invoked before harvest or battle. It was only after the Jews were enslaved in Babylon and then freed by the Persians that suddenly Judaism at that time begins to resemble modern Judaism.

After Zoroastrianism had already existed for roughly 1000 years, modern Judaism was formed when the Jews who had been freed by the Persians took most of the major tenets of Zoroastrianism and adopted it into their religion while still worshiping the same deity. Around the time the Jews returned from Babylon and constructed the 2nd temple the changes listed in the picture accompanying this post were adopted and almost all of them were taken directly from Zoroastrianism or are similar to it.

>Most scholars, Jewish as well as non-Jewish, are of the opinion that Judaism was strongly influenced by Zoroastrianism in views relating to angelology and demonology, and probably also in the doctrine of the resurrection, as well as in eschatological ideas in general, and also that the monotheistic conception of Yhwh may have been quickened and strengthened by being opposed to the dualism or quasi-monotheism of the Persians.

jewishencyclopedia.com/articles/15283-zoroastrianism

>The first encounter between the ancient peoples who developed historical Judaism and the Persian religious ideas of Zoroastrianism seems to have come either during or shortly after the captivity in Babylon. It was the Persian king of kings, Cyrus, who liberated the Hebrews from Babylon and one of his successors, Darius, who organised and funded the return of some of the captives (probably along with many Persians) to rebuild the temple in Jerusalem. Nehemiah and Ezra also reorganised the traditional religion of the Judaeans and Israelites. What emerged was a stricter monotheistic version which was consistent with basic beliefs of the Persian imperial religion – Zoroastrianism.

>Those who might doubt how Persian imperial policy so decisively shaped what we know as Judaism should reflect on the remarkable and first ever declaration of belief in one, universal God by the biblical writer known as "Second Isaiah" during this period. Indeed Isaiah describes King Cyrus as a "Messiah" and the chosen instrument of Yahweh. Interestingly there is evidence that the Persian imperial policy towards the religion of their subject peoples – to allow the traditional name of their gods to be retained but to revise the religions themselves in the image of Zoroastrianism – was also applied in Babylon and Egypt as well as Palestine.

theguardian.com/commentisfree/belief/2010/jul/13/abrahamic-religion-zoroastrian-judaism

Zoroaster was from Turkmenistan

He was a heathen that turned his back on Tengri to start a cult about FIre after his application to the Gökturk school of astronomy got declined.

Nothing is wrong with carrying over effective religions practices to another one. It isn't copy and paste, rather it shows there is a succession of effective practices carried down from one faith to many all being the same faith in different cultures.

Also Sumerian legends are important because they are carried over. Even non"abrahamic" faiths record the Great Flood. It is all the same, rather than "they copied it" because they actually practiced religion rather than just discuss it.

All of these are good but Christianity in its purest form, as claimed by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, is probably the best if you look at the doctrines that they teach. If what they teach is true, then they are the oldest religion in the world worshiping the same God that Adam, Enoch, Noah, Abraham, Moses, Elijah, and Isaiah worshipped. They claim to be restored to the original church and gospel thay Jesus Christ set up from the beginnning of the world. Also, they claim that the founding/restoration of their religion in this day and age came through the literal visitation of God the Father, and His Son Jesus Christ to the prophet Joseph Smith. Their core doctrine of Jesus Christ and his atonement basically satisfies all the demands of justice while being extremely merciful to all humans. One last great teaching is the idea of personal revelation, so even the average member of their church or even anyone reading this can try it out, pray about it sincerely, and come to know for themselves that all of these teachings are true. This also enables the masses to educate themselves so that they can't be held down in their ignorance by wicked men who corrupt churches and set up an oppressive priestly class for their own personal gain.

Mormonism has been entirely discredited. Its """prophet""" Joseph Smith claimed to be able to read several pieces of Egyptian hieroglyphics and told people what they said. This was before Egyptian hieroglyphics had been deciphered though and when researchers finally figured out how to read them with the help of the Rosetta stone it turned out that the piece of hieroglyphics Joseph Smith claimed to have read didn't at all say what he said they did. He was just a charlatan. It's ridiculous that people still take him seriously after that and after he cheated on his wife with a teenage maid and claimed god told him it was okay for him to do it. He was just a 19th century version of that Korean guy who created a religion that is based on its female practitioners having sex with him.

>Hinduism > Zoroastrianism
Why tho?

OP here. I have a lot of respect for both of them and I think Zoroastrianism is better then the 3 Abrahamic religions but I still think Hinduism is better for several reasons that I already somewhat mentioned here
The holy scriptures of the Hindus (Vedas, Upanishads, Bhagavad Gita etc as well as all the stuff since then) offer a lot more then the scriptures of Zoroastrianism. There are a lot more of them, they discuss way more subjects and include many formats from epic poems to philosophical treatises, and they investigate and discuss the metaphysics of spirituality and religion in depth like nothing else does. Many famous western philosophers and intellectuals have also praised them.

Hinduism is generally also is more tolerant and open-minded then Zoroastrianism (Zoros today are not exactly intolerant but for much of Zoroastrian Persia there was moderate-to-severe religious intolerance). Hinduism seems to have a way larger emphasis on introspection, personal development and self-improvement which is something that I think is very important. Hinduism also has a big focus on meditation and yoga which are super-beneficial while as far as I'm aware there is nothing comparable in Zoroastrianism. Zoroastrianism and Hinduism are both closely related in that both of them were created by descendants of the Proto-Indo-Aryans/Proto-Indo-Europeans and far enough back in history they were probably very similar but I just think Hinduism has more valuable stuff to offer.

For me personally though its not about picking one and sticking with it but I think its best to study all of the valuable religions and benefiting from each of them as best you can. If I could only pick 3 to study it would be Buddhism, Hinduism and Zoroastrianism.

some quotes from famous western philosophers, authors, intellectuals and scientists about the Hindu texts

>(about the Upanishads) "the production of the highest human wisdom - Schopenhauer

>"It strikes everyone in beginning to form an acquaintance with the treasures of Indian literature, that a land so rich in intellectual products and those of the profoundest order of thought..." - Hegel

>Nietzsche himself had read the Vedas, which he admired profoundly, could quote from the Laws of Manu and thought that "Buddhism and Brahmanism are a hundred times deeper and more objective than Christianity." - Nietzsche

>In the morning I bathe my intellect in the stupendous and cosmogonal philosophy of the Bhagavat Geeta, since whose composition years of the gods have elapsed, and in comparison with which our modern world and its literature seem puny and trivial - Thoreau

>(about Vedic thought) "It is sublime as night and a breathless ocean. It contains every religious sentiment, all the grand ethics which visit in turn each noble poetic mind" - Ralph Waldo Emerson

>"Vedanta is the most impressive metaphysics the human mind has conceived." - Alfred North Whitehead

>"The Bhagavad-Gita is the most systematic statement of spiritual evolution of endowing value to mankind. The Gita is one of the clearest and most comprehensive summaries of the spiritual thoughts ever to have been made." - Huxley

>(about the Bhagavad Gita) the most beautiful philosophical song existing in any known tongue - Oppenheimer
>"Access to the Vedas is the greatest privilege this century may claim over all previous centuries." - Oppenheimer

>"Their (Indian philosophers') subtleties make most of the great European philosophers look like schoolboys." - T.S. Eliot

I'm assuming that you're referring to facsimile 2 from the Book of Abraham. Yes it is true that Joseph Smith's translations are completely different from our modern scholarly translation through our study of Egyptology. This is most likely due to the fact that the Egyptians have been around for a long time. According to the Book of Abraham, the first pharoah's mother Egyptus, discovered the land of Egypy, hence it being named after her. Also the first pharaoh's name was Pharoah, which is probably why all subsequent leaders took his name as their ruling title. The scriptures say that the first Pharoah modeled his kingdom after the patriarchy of Adam. Because of this statement, we can assume that they had records of the Antediluvians and also worshiped after the manner of Adam. Some time between then and the more famous parts of Egyptian history, the people wentry astray and fell into Apostasy. This led to a new religion with the people worshipping new gods. With the corruption in beliefs, symbols that once held very sacred meanings got corrupted into what we now see through our translation of the Egyptian hieroglyphs.

Ottomans ruined sunnism. They literally left it to burn in the hands of Arab nomads.

are you talking about just philosophy? if so, that's wrong.

It would be:

Islam = Buddhism > Judaism > Christianity > Zorastrianism >>>Hinduism

This, of course, is speaking from the intent and meaning of the religions. Not the practice, which sways based on political events more than any logical basis.

Polygamy is ok only in times that God approves it. There were prophets in the old testament that had multiple wives like Israel. One of the purposes of polygamy is to quickly raise up righteous seed. It had to be reinstated for a period in this dispensation so that the restoration could be truly a restoration of all things thus fulfilling ancient prophecy. I'm glad it's ended now though because it definitely does go against my cultural norms.

jeeze how wrong can one guy be?

>>just made up by one mentally-ill epileptic who got most of his ideas from Christianity

Islam is more related to Judaism. It's also a significantly more logical step in the right direction than both those religions, which basically devolved into dogma and traditions.

>Christianity is just based on and is a response to Judaism

yeah, only about that God thing. Not much else. There is a reason Jews stopped trying to convert people: they corrupted their religion too much.

>>Judaism is just the result of a typical bronze-age tribal cult stealing a bunch of ideas from Zoroastrians they met

Everyone is related to everyone, this is irrelevant. Zoros believe in God, but peg human concepts like "good" to it, and worship fire as magical. Jews were initially way more objective and rational.

>Islam is just a super-distorted and super-retarded interpretation of Zoroastrianism.

completely unrelated other than being monotheistic. It's like saying calculus is super-distorted and super-retarded addition.

>The scriptures say that the first Pharoah modeled his kingdom after the patriarchy of Adam. Because of this statement, we can assume that they had records of the Antediluvians and also worshiped after the manner of Adam. Some time between then and the more famous parts of Egyptian history, the people wentry astray and fell into Apostasy. This led to a new religion with the people worshipping new gods. With the corruption in beliefs, symbols that once held very sacred meanings got corrupted into what we now see through our translation of the Egyptian hieroglyphs.

You do realize that there is virtually no archaeological or other scientific evidence for what you are saying and that most experts would say its just made-up nonsense, right?

>are you talking about just philosophy? if so, that's wrong. It would be:
>Islam = Buddhism

That makes no sense, Islam is nothing like Buddhism.

Zoroaster was between 500 to 1000 years dead before the Achaemenid Persians ever interacted with the Israelites/Jews, you monkey.

>Zoroastrians peg human concepts like "good to it"
Confirmed for not knowing what you are talking about.

>Islam is more related to Judaism. It's also a significantly more logical step

I knew it was influenced by both but I didn't bother also writing Judaism for simplicity. I don't see how anyone could think Islam is more logical when Islam is roughly the same as Judaism and Christianity but also has a huge amount of contradictory and irrational stuff added to it.

>yeah, only about that God thing. Not much else.

Wrong, see these two posts Judaism got most of its major tenets from Zoroastrianism including the opposing duality of god & the devil, heaven & hell, angels and demons, an eventual messiah, and an ultimate battle between good and evil accompanied by a final judgment and the resurrection of the dead. Before the Jews came into contact with the Persian Zoroastrians in Babylon Judaism did not have these features. Christianity and Islam in turn adopted these from Judaism as the Jews had done from the Zoroastrians.

>Zoros believe in God, but peg human concepts like "good" to it, and worship fire as magical.

Zoros don't worship fire any more then Christians worship church hymns or Muslims worship washing their feet. It just has religious significance for them to the point that it has a special meaning to have it in their places of worship but they don't worship fire itself.

>completely unrelated other than being monotheistic. It's like saying calculus is super-distorted and super-retarded addition.

Top kek, you are clueless.

Islam includes the following tenets

>that there is god and the devil
>that there is paradise and hell
>that angels exist as do things like demons
>that there will be a final judgement day where there will be a conflict between good and evil, that there will be a messiah (Mahdi), and that there will be a resurrection of the dead and a final judgement of people that divides them into those who are sent into paradise and hell

These were all taken from Christianity and Judaism which got them from the Zoros.

Of couse. There is no evidence for any of that for multiple reasons. Two main ones that I can think of are 1: this life is the time for us to learn to walk by faith and 2: God won't just give us everything at once because it'll basically just condemn us all to hell. He who sins against the greater light recieveth the greater condemnation. Even majority of the Mormons aren't purified enough to recieve the "greater things" that the scriptures give little references to because they aren't able to keep the commandments and live according to the laws that we have now. Going back to my first point, this life is the time that we have to learn to walk by faith because we are no longer in God's presence. Before we were all born, we all lived with God, our Father in Heaven. We came down to earth to recieve a body to experience mortal life and to have our obedience tested. The fact that you are here today on earth means that you agreed to this plan before you were born. None of this appears to be plausible at all from a purely rational, non faith based point of view. That makes it all the more wonderful when you find out that it's all true by experimenting with it. It literally opens up your mind to a whole new world. Try it out, you won't regret it. Read my post, ponder it, read the Book of Mormon, and pray sincerely about it. If you truly do want to know whether or not it's true with the mentality that if it is true, you will follow the teachings of Jesus Christ, then God will reveal to you that it's all true.

Where does all of this "They took it from Zoroaster" meme come from?

They certainly did not steal it or just simply copy it, it is obvious something about Zoroastrianism is understood by well by Judaism (also having Egyptian influence) Christianity (all kinds) and Islam. Even in Eastern religions deal with the same concepts that Abrahamic religions do.

No thanks, I prefer to study Buddhism, Hinduism and Zoroastrianism. If you want to learn about the original teachings that Christianity is based on I would recommend studying Zoroastrianism.

reposting because I accidentally quoted the wrong posts

>Where does all of this "They took it from Zoroaster" meme come from?

read the thread m8
>They certainly did not steal it or just simply copy it

They did exactly that. Before the 6th century BC Judaism was indistinguishable from any other bronze-age tribal cult until they came into contact with Persian Zoros and then in less then a century they completely changed into a different religion that was different from the previous form of Judaism because of how it was now defined by a bunch of new tenets; tenets which also happened to be the main tenets of Zoroastrianism that had already been a part of Zoroastrianism for ~1000 years. That was not a coincidence, we even have early Jewish writers praising the Persians and connecting them to the Judaic faith.

>Eastern religions deal with the same concepts that Abrahamic religions do.

Not really. Among the eastern religions/philosophies that developed before any contact with western religions there are very little parallels with the western religions and they take way different positions on things and concern themselves with different concepts.

Buddhism is nothing more but a juvenile Mindfuck.

>Existence causes nothing but harm, bla bla bla - everything is bad... bla bla bla...

If Buddha wasn't a Hinduist who thought the soul was immortal he would have just hung himself on the sacred fig tree.
Instead he created a pubertal religion called Buddhism whose only concern was the question "how am I able to commit suizide without being reborn?".

Biggest bullshit ever. And really sad it became that big.

The Jews also get much of their influence from the Egyptian cosmology.

>During Egypt’s short-lived Amarna Period in the 14th century B.C., Pharaoh Akhenaten decreed that his personal god, the Aten, literally “sun-disc,” should be the supreme deity. Scholars once believed this was the beginning of monotheism in ancient Judaism, but recent research calls that hypothesis into question. In fact, there is little archaeological evidence of any contact between the two cultures in that period. In addition, the Aten was very different from the deity of the Hebrews. Although the Aten had no personal relationship with humans other than the king, the divine being of the Hebrews is shown as often communicating with the people through prophets and signs. So although both religions were for a time monotheistic, it seems doubtful that the tribes that became the Hebrews based their conception of the One God from the Aten of the Egyptians.

Even before Zoroaster, Egyptian ideas were also monotheistic, as well as recognizing the existence of polytheism, just as the Hebrews.

It isn't copy and paste, but understood cosmological truths throughout every region, time, and culture.

Judaism even has links with Brahmanism, and is not that different, and these ideas can even be traced to Chinese ideas. Ein Sof in Judaism and Brahman in Dharma, these are forces of a quality force that is not able to be explained due to its transcendental position, and ascribes these as aspects of God. Both impersonal forces are true unseen natural forces while the dual is the world illusion and constriction of material bondage. That was my low quality description but for more similarities:

torahveda.org/

>t. I don't know anything about Buddhism

It's not about committing suicide without being reborn. Buddhism is about introspection, gaining control of your own mind and emotions, no longer being affected by suffering, and becoming enlightened. When you practice it you experience bliss in the now while you are alive.

The ending of the cycle of rebirth is just seen as the natural result of becoming enlightened but that's not the main point of Buddhism. The main point is that you should practice it because it leads to a stress-free and blissful life.

You wrote "The Jews also get much of their influence from the Egyptian cosmology" but in the green-text paragraph you quoted it says the opposite by explaining that there is little evidence that's the case.

Egyptians still have monotheism, and monotheism recognizes polytheism, and both monotheistic and polytheistic religions all teach the same things in different places, but cultivate different practices or even the same practices.

Moses is a connecting link of Israel and Egypt, and learnt all the wisdom of Egypt in order to bring Israel to salvation.

>Moses is a connecting link of Israel and Egypt, and learnt all the wisdom of Egypt in order to bring Israel to salvation.

There is no reason to think that is anything other then a myth. There is no archaeological evidence connecting Moses or the Jews to Egypt and almost all mainstream scholars agree that the slavery of the Jews in Egypt and the exodus almost certainly never happened.

You do you man. Best of luck in your studies of world religioun and thanks for the recommendation

There is plenty of reason:
>5.The date of 1270 BC where Ramesses II was the Pharaoh is not accepted by Bible scholars, only Bible trashing archeologists who reject the Bible as true and accurate history.
>6.Archeologists who trash the historical reliability of the Bible refuse to recognize 1406 BC as the date Israel entered the promised land. When they excavate at Timna or Jericho, for example, and find stuff that is from 1406 BC they use it as proof that the Bible cannot be trusted. So they reject the Bible's date for the exodus of 1446 BC and claim it is 1270 BC. Then when they find archeological evidence from 1446 BC they say it proves the Bible wrong. When we remind them that the date of the Exodus revealed in the Bible of 1446 BC matches the archeological evidence they become silent. It is important to always keep in mind that secular historical sources bend over backwards to ensure there is no apparent presence of any kind of the Hebrews in Egypt. Many major reference books totally ignore any possible connection with Moses.

Pharaoh of Moses' flight to Midian: Thutmoses II/Hatshepsut: 1498-1485 BC
Pharaoh of the Exodus: Thutmoses III: 1485/1464 - 1431 BC

>Thutmoses III was one of the greatest and most powerful Pharaohs of Egypt. He is in the class of Herod the Great in 30 BC and Hadrian in 135 AD.

Joseph enters Egypt. The Hyksos ruled Egypt for about 100 years and were friendly to the Hebrews, because they were fellow Semites who shared a common heritage through Abraham. When the Hyksos were defeated, a New Kingdom 18th dynasty of pharaoh's arose who "knew not Joseph". This would explain why the Hebrews were enslaved by the 18th dynasty pharaohs because the Hebrews were related to the Hyksos as fellow Semites. The slavery of the Hebrews coincides with the Hyksos being repelled back to the Transjordan area in 1556 BC.

google.com/?gws_rd=ssl

>The land of the King is lost to the Habiru. And now indeed a city of the territory of Jerusalem, Bet-Ninib, has been captured. ...

>After taking the city of Rubuda, they are now attempting to take Jerusalem... , What have I done against my lord the King, that thou lovest the Habiru, and hatest the governors? ... The Habiru have wasted all the territory of the King', and so on." (Amarna Tablet, A Letter from Abdu-Heba of Jerusalem, EA 286)

1.The Amarna letters were from the period of Pharaoh's Amenophis III (1396 - 1358 BC) and his son, Akhenaten (1358 - 1341 BC) and directly coincides with the conquest of Joshua.
2.Amarna is the modern name of the ancient Egyptian city of Akhenaten (1385 - 1341 BC) who was a pagan turned monotheist sun worshipper shortly after the one true God destroyed Egypt with the hands of Moses.

In terms of spiritual benefit, I'd say Hinduism and Christianity are the "greatest" religions(outside the one I follow of course).

confirmed uneducated

>The ending of the cycle of rebirth is just seen as the natural result of becoming enlightened but that's not the main point of Buddhism.
Sure, the ultimate goal of Buddhism is just a side-effect.

>The main point is that you should practice it because it leads to a stress-free and blissful life.
And a side-effect of Buddhism is its ultimate goal... (btw. "stress-free and blissful life" sounds a lot like "Buddhism for Business")

Maybe you should go back to start and study the Four Noble Truths instead of telling others:
>t. I don't know anything about Buddhism

>The reality is that there is no evidence whatsoever that the Jews were ever enslaved in Egypt. Yes, there's the story contained within the bible itself, but that's not a remotely historically admissible source. I'm talking about real proof; archeological evidence, state records and primary sources. Of these, nothing exists.

>It is hard to believe that 600,000 families (which would mean about two million people) crossed the entire Sinai without leaving one shard of pottery (the archeologist's best friend) with Hebrew writing on it. It is remarkable that Egyptian records make no mention of the sudden migration of what would have been nearly a quarter of their population, nor has any evidence been found for any of the expected effects of such an exodus; such as economic downturn or labor shortages.

>Furthermore, there is no evidence in Israel that shows a sudden influx of people from another culture at that time. No rapid departure from traditional pottery has been seen, no record or story of a surge in population. In fact, there's absolutely no more evidence to suggest that the story is true than there is in support of any of the Arab world's conspiracy theories and tall tales about Jews.

haaretz.com/jewish/the-jewish-thinker/were-jews-ever-really-slaves-in-egypt-or-is-passover-a-myth-1.420844

Here is someone with a Ph. D in the history of Judaism explaining that there is no evidence that suggests its true

quora.com/What-archeological-evidence-exists-to-show-that-the-Hebrews-were-ever-slaves-or-even-just-lived-in-Egypt

Almost all experts in archaeology agree that there is no evidence that it happened. It has no credibility.

>The archaeological data do not accord with what could be expected from the Bible's exodus story: there is no evidence that the Israelites ever lived in Ancient Egypt, the Sinai Peninsula shows almost no sign of any occupation at all for the entire 2nd millennium BCE, and even Kadesh-Barnea, where the Israelites are said to have spent 38 years, was uninhabited prior to the establishment of the Israelite monarchy.[15]

>A century of research by archaeologists and Egyptologists has found no evidence which can be directly related to the Exodus captivity and the escape and travels through the wilderness,[29] and archaeologists generally agree that the Israelites had Canaanite origins.[30] The culture of the earliest Israelite settlements is Canaanite, their cult-objects are those of the Canaanite god El, the pottery remains are in the Canaanite tradition, and the alphabet used is early Canaanite.[31] Almost the sole marker distinguishing the "Israelite" villages from Canaanite sites is an absence of pig bones, although whether even this is an ethnic marker or is due to other factors remains a matter of dispute.[31]

>The mention of the dromedary in Exodus 9:3 also suggests a later date of composition – the widespread domestication of the camel as a herd animal is thought not to have taken place before the late 2nd millennium, after the Israelites had already emerged in Canaan,[35] and they did not become widespread in Egypt until c.200–100 BCE.[36]

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Exodus#Historicity

Aside from "archaeologists say didn't happen", there is plenty of contrary information to say "it happened"

This site has more info than "it didn't happen I have a phd"

bible.ca/archeology/bible-archeology-exodus-date-1440bc.htm >One Semite nation was expelled (Hyskos), the other Semite nation was enslaved (Hebrews).

Only known Mud brick making by foreign slaves in 1446:
The only record of mud bricks being made by non-Egyptian foreign slaves is in the tomb of Rekhmire who lived at the same time as Thutmoses III. Pictured below are Hebrews making mud bricks in the Tomb of Rekhmire the Vizier (tomb TT100)

This is a real website bible.ca/archeology/bible-archeology-exodus-date-1440bc.htm with more information and accurate datings, not wikipedia.

>Amenhotep II had to go on a raid to replenish his3 million lost Hebrew slaves. Amenhotep II records his two campaigns, highlighting only his successes where he broadcasts his power, might, courage, leadership, military successes and largely inflated figure of 101,128 slaves captured in Canaan in his 9th year campaign in 1422 BC.

>bible.ca
& humanities was a mistake.

Oldest Avesta :K1 manuscript 14th century AD
Oldest Bible : Ketef hinnom 8-7th century BC / Isaiah scroll 4th century BC

Sure m8

Daoism is best. Wu wei is a philosophical precursor to the free market.

>The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints
Non-Trinitarian polytheism.

Have you tried believing that when you don't know the law, no sin is incurred as you haven't eve been given it and that a king was appointed by god? You may find this excuse waiting for you at the end of your life, just don't use biblical names or believe anything besides this.

>N-no, I believe a lie

What for? It's never happening, this is not a democracy, there is democracy on earth but not in heaven.

That's a good way of classifying it but we worship God

*one God

>Christianity
>not Semitic

>Zoroastrianism
>the only reason it survived in any major capacity was because the hindus felt pity for them and offered them a place to stay.

>caste system was le monotonous and static feature of hinduism

>from what I have heard
high school history isn't exactly known for academic rigour.